Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/17/2007  (Read 26253 times)

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/17/2007
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »
I hope this episode gets rerun the day after Thanksgiving.

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
It's really kind of strange that we have one lavish episode then one budget episode.  They really pushed the envelope on Tuesday's taping.  Wednesday's was another run-of-the-mill episode.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »
Sheesh! 2 out of 3 shows run so far were perfect! I think this is going to be an interesting season, IMHO!

Race Game: NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING Beats a last second win!

Wasn't this the 2nd time Grand Game was won since drew hosted?

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:37 PM »
A few thoughts:

OPENING - Nice to see the original audience pan before the first four calldown.  I hope they keep this, cause there was just too much jib cam before.

SAFE CRACKERS - It seemed like the door to the safe was narrower than usual.  Probably an optical thing with the camera shot of the car and lack of vault backdrop.

DICE GAME - I was quite amused with the "Do you like to cook?...Then you'll like this..." teaser for the car.  I didn't quite expect that.  Justin had good rolls while playing the game, which made for an easy win.

RANGE GAME - I laughed my butt off when Drew flubbed the 37 hours bit.  I thought it was nice that he mentioned "I screwed up Bob Barker's Joke!" and then proceeded to do it again with a little pose afterwards.  Really funny.

RACE GAME - Laura, the human carrot, played that pretty well.  Those sports collectibles were really tricky, and I kept wanting her to put the $500 on that.

SHOWCASES - I would've been way under on that trip showcase also.

A very decent show, and another perfecto!  I think Drew's warming up to this thing pretty well.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
I really like the innertube, so I won't have to wait 'til vacation time for those episodes to air.

Wow Talk about getting a perfect show on Race Game at the last second.

Drew's 37 hrs joke flub was really funny.  Also liked how he misled in Dice game by saying:  "Do you love to cook?", only to lead Justin to the truck.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 10:52:09 AM »
Opening-Yay, the original audience pan is back.  I like this one better than using the jib camera for the whole opening.

IUFB #1-Justin almost called Drew "Bob."  I wonder how many times so far someone has accidentally called Drew Bob.

Safe Crackers-Wow, for a car even!  A nice win to start out the day!

Dice Game-LOL, nice fakeout on the prize.  Woot, a 3 car day!  Wow, that was a bit weird with Dice Game.  First, the bottom 2 when he got the right number right didn't light up.  Then, the 2nd digit took awhile to light up; then the 2 that should have been lit up for the right number finally got lit up.

IUFB #3-I have no idea why Jerry bid the way he did.  Then he thought he won.

Range Game-Ha, that was a great reference to Bob, and I'm glad that Drew kept Bob's joke.  I see that instead of the audience shot during the split screen, they show the prize.  It seemed a bit weird at first.

Cover Up-Getting 4 numbers right on the first try actually paid off this time.  Looks like her granddaughter is going to be getting a car.

IUFB #6-What was that guy's name again? :-P  LOL, a Pepsi in a Coke machine!

Race Game-A win right at the buzzer!  Woot, 2nd perfect show of the week!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 11:52:50 AM »
I'm curious as to whether or not a re-air date for this episode has been announced yet; any idea?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
According to the CBS website, this episode will be rerun on the East Coast during the Thanksgiving Day marathon.  This will be the second episode of this marathon.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »
I would've watched this show on Innertube, It's a damn shame my computer just can't get it up.  :evil: Good thing CBS gave us a mini-marathon to make it up.

Safe: A car offered in this or any other non-car game is fun. A great win!!

Dice: The 2 not lighting up on both squares was kinda' odd. But aside from that, Another great win.

IUFB #3: Jerry, go back to your seat!!! :-D

Grand: The 1st appearnce of my favorite cash game. :-D I didn't expect that Aspirin to be less as well. That's 3 in a row!!!

Range: Drew sure made a funny moment screwing up Bob's classic "37 Hour" joke. I'm sure Bob enjoyed it, too (That is if he watched). The split-screen shot is good, too. Win #4.

Cover: I'm sure Polly's granddaughter loves her even more now. Fifth win!!

Race: WOW!!! No words could explain such an amazing finish in this game. ANOTHER PERFECTO SHOW!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Showcases: A trip showcase lace with Steroids leads to another  :gotc:
A 4-star show.