Author Topic: Post Your Report Card Marks  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Post Your Report Card Marks
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
We did this last year. It was kind of fun, so we could do it again. I got my report card today. At the end of grade eleven, these were my marks.

Bible - 97  Not a bad course, but not as fun as in past years because we spent a lot of time getting off track with side discussions, then having to rush to get the material in.

Literature - 93  More durable than previous years, some of the stories were actually somewhat entertaining.  I still hate it, but I'm glad it wasn't my worst class this year.

Math - 96  This was such an easy class.  It didn't even feel like a class.  We quickly whizzed our way though the material and then had tons of class time to work.  My kind of class.

Law - 95  This was fun.  I actually found the subject interesting.  Plus, we got a few good field trips out of it too.  Now, I want to sit on a jury.

Leadership/Gym - 88  I still can't believe we got a credit for this class.  We spent more time doing nothing than anything else.  Still, we did some fun stuff.  Since a lot of the "work" that we did involved grading ourselves, I wish I had graded myself higher.

Chemistry - 95  Exceedingly boring class, despite being fairly easy, and I have to take this again next year.

Physics - 92  I know every year another class gets this title, but I don't think any of my classes next year are going to beat this one as the worst class I ever took, and it's not because this class was hard or anything.  It's because way too many people in this class didn't take it seriously enough and were whining because they were failing.  This lead to numerous class interuptions and talks by our ticked teacher.  Even then, as easy as the class was, I didn't like it.  Physics is fun.  I just hate Physics class.

Who else is willing to share how they finished?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
Re: Post Your Report Card Marks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
That'd give you a 93.7% average, which in the US 4.0 system is a 3.75, or a solid A-. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

I haven't been in school since 2002, but my last semester of college I pulled a 4.0 while taking two graduate courses as well, and a cumulative GPA of 3.796, which allowed me to graduate magna cum laude from Brandeis University.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:12:36 PM »
Here are my grades for my fresman year of HS.

Algebra: B This was my teacher's first year teaching, and it showed, as she wasn't very good. I got some of the work, but some of it was kind of hard.

Advanced English: B+ English was a pretty fun class this year. I didn't really read most of the work, but for the most part, I did well.

Spanish: A- Even though I know the Spanish language very well, and it was an easy class, I really didn't like my teacher.

World Cultures: B+ Even though he could be serious at times, my teacher was awesome, for the most part, and that was the main high point of the class.

Gym: B+ I'm not athletic at all, so even though I participated every day, I din't do very well in the skill testing for each unit, so I got fewer points for that.

Biology: B My teacher SUCKED. He was incredibly boring, and didn't really teach at all, as we mostly watched boring videos.

Choir: A This was an enjoyable and easy class. My teacher was awesome.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:32 PM »
You know, I only have one of my old report cards, and, uhh.... Naw, you don't want to see that. Really. Seriously.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline iluvpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 01:14:33 PM »
Just finished my freshman year of highschool.

Geometery-A
English-A
Gym-A
Health-A
Spanish-A
World Civ.-B
Biology-B

Offline uncleplinko

• 9/22/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • Travis Schario dot Net
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »
Ohio University; Year 3, Quarter 3

Consumer Behavior - C

Persuasion - B

Scriptwriting - A-

2.890 GPA for the Quarter
2.570 GPA Accumulative

Internship in Studio 33 for college credit starting in August...should be a solid "A".
New, updated site for the OU Game Show Club:  http://www.ougsas.org/

My Lewis Black Moment:  If it hadn't had been for "The Price is Right," I would have never graduated college!

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »
I haven't gotten my report card yet, but I have received most of my grades last Wednesday (Last Day of School for me), while the rest I can estimate:

Illustration/Designs for Everyday life: A and A.  They were 1-semester Art Classes; the teacher was extremely nuts, and I'm glad I don't have to take anymore art classes for the rest of HS.

English: C+ (4th MP, Final Exam) B (Final Avr.).  Didn't like the teacher, spent a lot of the second marking period working on a party for the Apprentice winner that came from my school, and the last marking period, we spent doing Shakespeare and play-writing, which I really hate.

French: A (4th MP, Final Avr. and Exam). Last year of this for me.

Algebra II: Most likely A.  I'm estimating this since my teacher wasn't there on Wed. since she was the Senior Class Advisor and she was doing graduation practice.  I am very good at math and I don't recall doing anything terrible in this marking period hence that estimation.  However, I'm worried she might put in my Final Exam's grade into the computer wrong since she did that with my midterm.  :-)

US History: A (4th MP, Final Exam and Avr.).  Probably the smartest one in my class, had a lot of extra credit points, and got many free "100's" on tests since I did well on the reviews.

Biology: B (4th and Final Avr.), C+ (Final Exam).  This is one of the classes I didn't like, it was very hard, and bio isn't my favorite science subject.  

PE/Health: ? Beats me since this marking period, I had to do First Aid; at first, I was getting a B, but on unofficial the last day of class, I made it to an A.  I think I'll get the A as long as she doesn't count the last 3 classes where I didn't do anything.

And with that, I'm most likely to move up to be a junior!
So long!

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »
University of Maryland - Year 1, Semester 2:

Organic Chemistry I - A
- My big accomplishment academic-wise for this year, as this class is widely considered the most difficult course on campus - mainly for the painstaking memorizations.  

English I - C-
- On the other hand, while this usually would be a disappointment, I'm actually very relieved I actually passed.  After getting a failing grade on my first paper because my teacher was too confused with what I was saying and my lack of knowledge about politics, I feel very fortunate to have recovered to a C- after writing about a topic I actually know about - college football.

Biology I - B
- I was happy with how I did in this class - except for the fact that my TAs had a hard time trying to decipher what I wrote for the essay portions of the tests - which I didn't fare too well at.

Economics of Money/Banking - B
- Very boring class - sitting in a 400 person lecture hall with 100 people sleeping at 8 A.M. listening to the monotone voice of a professor is certainly not a pleasant way to start the day.  But otherwise, it wasn't a particularly difficult class.

GPA: 2.93 - not too bad I guess.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »
Travis Schario wrote:
Ohio University; Year 3, Quarter 3

Consumer Behavior - C

Persuasion - B

Scriptwriting - A-

You couldn't persuade either your Persuasion or Consumer Behavior profs into giving you a higher grade? :-D

I had a relatively easy load...well, for me...

Student Teaching--Satisfactory (graded on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory scale).  Woulda loved those 10 satisfactory credit hours to count towards my GPA.

Classroom Assessment--A.  No surprise there, as the instructor said that everybody would get an A unless they did nothing over the course of the term.

Easiest 4.0 ever.

And with that, my undergrad career is finally over--3.44 GPA (over 3.5 if that damn student teaching counted for anything), degrees in Mathematics and Education.  The real hard stuff has started--finding a job.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »
Senior Year of High School!

English Composition: A
-This was a joke of class, and it's made easy on purpose because any senior that doesn't pass won't graduate.  And even though it was taught by a first-year teacher, he wasn't too bad.

AP U.S. Government & Politics: B-
-This is really an A- since this is an AP class and the grade is weighted in the overall GPA.  The teacher is a veteran who really knows her stuff.  We git her off on tangents and are talking so off-topic by the end of class each day.  It also is awesome that she used to be in the CIA (although she can never admit to it publicly by law).

AP Calculus AB: A-
-Again, a weighted class, so this is like an A++ (if there is such a thing).  This was the most challenging class with the most homework, but the teacher was so nice and leanient, that I managed an A- throughout the year.

AP Statistics: B+
-Weighted again, so it's an A (A+).  First half of the year was a piece of cake, but it got more challenging as the year went on.  The teacher was also a push-over, and have you ever heard of no homework in a math class???  Also, having two math classes this year wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!

Band: A
-Being a senior, how could they not give me an A?

Phys. Ed.: A
-C'mon, of course it's an A!

Overall GPA for '05/'06 school year: 4.394

Offline bigwheel7

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 12:15:13 AM »
Boy, you all are pretty smart, I haven't got my marks in yet, but when I do, I'll be happy to share them with you

Offline tpir1983

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:31:42 AM »
Spring Quarter 2006 (3rd year at a 2 year college, am I awesome or what??)

American Sign Language II - A  This class was pretty easy and it helped that I went to grade school with deaf kids, which makes everything a whole lot easier.

U.S. History (1835-1919) - A  I had to take this class online, and it was cake.

Quarter GPA - 4.0
Cumulative GPA - 3.09

I get my Associate's Degree in Communication Arts in December, can't wait.