Author Topic: Video request  (Read 6008 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Video request
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:41:33 AM »
I was talking with Scorpzy tonight, and we got on the subject of the October 10, 2003 episode.  I dunno how many of you guys remember this (...well, I know Scorpz doesn't), but it's the show where a rather...large woman named Irene completely screws up Ten Chances and then accidentally knocks Bob on his hind end during the Showcase Showdown.  And I got to thinking...I haven't seen this in a long, long time, and I'm sure there's a lot of people besides me who'd like to get a look at it again.  (This should not be taken as an indication that I enjoy watching Bob get hurt. )  So if anyone with uploading capabilities has a tape of this lying around, do you think you could maybe find it in your heart to post up videos of Ten Chances and the first Showcase Showdown?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Video request
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:43:02 AM »
I second that request :)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:48:30 PM »
ISTRT she knocked him down after winning 10C.

If we're thinking of the same story, someone (one of "us") was in the edit bay (VTR room perhaps) and it was suggested that it be taken out altogether because it looked particularly violent.

Barker wanted it left, as is, but someone talked him into the edited version seen on air.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:33:45 PM »
No, I remember that, too...that was a different contestant.  I think that was the one who chased him behind the Ten Chances board, and then there was a noticeable jump in the music before they came back out.

The one I'm talking about definitely happened in the Showcase Showdown...aside from the fact that I watched it about five times that weekend, I remember Bob reacting by saying, "I was temporarily dazed," over and over, and then looking at the wheel and saying, "...oh, and you got 60¢.  You win.  Rod, tell them how they can get to the show," as if it were an afterthought.  (Of course, given that he'd just been knocked on his behind, it probably was!)

Offline TVFavorites

• Game Show Favorites
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »
Finally, I got a new computer and was able to get the clips up on Youtube.  Here is the link:

http://www.gameshowfavorites.com/videos/

Offline jnasty

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:41:27 PM »
Thanks for the clips.. I love seeing any old(er) TPIR clips..  I miss hearing Rod.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »
Holy...thanks!

Offline Gerald78

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:02:55 PM »
I third that...thanks TV Favorites!

(wow...that playing was almost as painful as the one a few months ago :P)

Offline frontmounted

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 09:10:29 PM »
I saw something like that maybe a couple months ago?  This girl was doing so horrible and it took 5+ minutes like that video.  THEN, she WON the car on the last chance somehow!  It was crazy and Bob was freaking out.  Does anyone have that video??

Offline iluvpir

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »

frontmounted wrote:
I saw something like that maybe a couple months ago?  This girl was doing so horrible and it took 5+ minutes like that video.  THEN, she WON the car on the last chance somehow!  It was crazy and Bob was freaking out.  Does anyone have that video??

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I saw that one on youtube