Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/30/2007  (Read 29680 times)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/30/2007
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 09:13:54 PM »
Switch?: I too was baffled by the playing today, but Tiffany came out good.

10 Chances: Kevin comes back after a tad slowing down.

Punch: Too bad about the outcome but Drew sure had some spirited delivery in this playing oday.

Squeeze: Too bad.

Card: Pearl is having the best anniversary ever!! Great win.

Hi Lo: It was a toss-up. Halls or Pine-Sol. Which would Phillip choose? Right decision was made.

Showcases: Well, I'm glad Pearl had fun at least. I was pulling for her, too.

Drew was in his best, today!!!

A 3-star show.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »
Switch?: Using a motorcycle on this game and a $3000+ price? I know what to do.

One Bid 2: The look on Drew's face as he notices the item coming down; kinda got me, too. Liked how he reiteraed the rule to Ivan.

Ten Chances: I don't know. I can understand Kevin getting some help from the audience, but did he really have to refer to them when all there is left is a zero on some of the chances? He played okay, but the slowness made my blood move a little.

Punch-A-Bunch: I groaned when Frances said higher for the toaster oven.

Squeeze Play: I  :roll: because I knew what to do. I  :-o when Kelly wanted the first 9 removed.

One Bid 5: "Cristel Bernard" sounds familar to me. I don't know why.

Card Game: Very good play, despite the low-card draws. That Fusion should not have been more than 19000 anyway.

One Bid 6: Makes me wonder what other video game packages were offered on the One Bids (or within a whole episode): An Atari 2600 package?  :-P

Hi-Lo: To think, I would have picked the freezer bags and lost. It was either that or the Pine-Sol.

Showcases:  8-O 21000 for a Port-O-Price Showcase? No.
(Well, there might be some times that might be okay, but not this time.)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 09:45:40 PM »
Ten Chances took forever as usual, but I've noticed that Drew won't hurry the contestant up. He needs to start doing that.

HOTTIES: #18, Tiffany; #19, Kelly; #20, Cristel :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Frances
SHOW GRADE: 2

EDIT: Okay... Innertube totally messed up on me, and I need to go to bed. So, if Jacob hasn't posted any screencaps by tomorrow afternoon after TPIR, I'll get to it then.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:23:47 AM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »
Wow.  Drew was great today.  I'm not gonna say he didn't have any weak moments -- in fact, he did, at the ends of Squeeze Play and Hi Lo -- but damn, he was on his "A" game for 95% of this episode.  For the first time today, it really felt like it was his show, and not just Bob Barker's show that he was the new host of.  Ten Chances and Punch a Bunch proved to me beyond any doubt that he can do this job and do it right.

I thought Drew's routine with shouting during Punch a Bunch was going to get old fast.  Apparently, I was wrong -- Frances was hilarious while she was doing that.

How the heck was Squeeze Play lost?

Wow...Card Game has aired three times so far this season, and it hasn't been lost yet.  That's amazing.  Less amazing but still interesting is the fact that, unless I'm mistaken, all three contestants have had a range of $3,000.

Speaking of Card Game...was anyone else afraid Pearl was actually going to go over?

Hi Lo was actually sort of hard today.  There's no way I'd ever have picked the Pine Sol.

"Stallwort Stingington III"? :confused:

Quote from: stormy41992
the show wasnt quite that good. you had stupid bids, no big wins

Uh...what show were you watching, dude?  Ten Chances and Card Game were both won.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »
Punch-a-bunch: I liked how Drew referred to the board as the “Punch-a-bunch board” rather than the Punchboard.  I guess this is just because references to the Punchboard made some people believe this game’s official name is (or was at one point) Punchboard.

Squeeze Play: It’s hard to believe that this game was lost.  I don’t think it made a matter if someone had the seen the prize.  The 1 was just begging to be removed.

Card Game: It’s surprising how many low cards Pearl drew.  Throughout the game, I was thinking that Pearl would stop too soon, because she might have been thinking of draw a set number of cards rather than reach a certain price.  Does anyone know the most number of cards drawn in this game is?

SC1:  My Bid: $16,400 / Diff: $ 1,323
SC2:  My Bid: $22,245 / OVER

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »
Speaking of Card Game...was anyone else afraid Pearl was actually going to go over?
Not me. I actually thought she may have went just a little too low.
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »
Drew was really good today, he definitely has his own unique style. I loved how openly he laughed about the V8 thing with the silverware, there's an odd pair if you've ever seen one.

Anyone catch Drew's bobbing back and forth near the camera as he threw to break after the first SCSD? I thought that was pretty funny. I also got a kick out of the way he chided the one contestant for bidding $5400 for a one bid.

As for the games.....
Switch: Pretty simple playing today.
Ten Chances: It took him a little bit to get the feel for the game today, but once the contestant did it was fairly smooth sailing for him.
Punchboard: The contestant was really into it with the screaming lol, too bad she didn't win more.
Card Game: Not too difficult, helps to have that $3,000 range.
Squeeze Play: Another fairly easy one here with $4995 sticking out.
Hi-Lo: Not too difficult, was pretty clear what the 3 highest priced products were.

Seems like Drew likes to give contestants more chances to change their minds on games (if the audience doesn't seem to agree with a decision) then Bob did. I'm kind of on the fence on this. What do you guys think, good/bad?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 12:11:56 AM »
Considering that in order to do that, she would have had to draw about six more cards with the rate she was going...no, can't say I was.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »
The Price is Right Game #6,746

Hotties
Here are screenshots of three of the most beautiful ladies from this episode's peanut gallery :P:
Tiffany, Kelly, Cristel

Runco 42" LCD HDTV: A Look Back
Last season, it has made seven appearances, in which all seven of them were in the showcases, and five of them have trips.  In Season 34, it has made nine appearances, in which eight of them were in the showcases, none of them have trips, and the last out-of-showcase appearance was on January 16, 2006 with a Dimplex Symphony Ovation Entertainment Center.  Its last out-of-showcase appearance as a stand-alone was on February 10, 2005, thanks to my modeling recaps from Season 33 made with Microsoft Excel, which I still have on my computer, along with the complete prize list for that season. :)  The Runco 42" LCD HDTV has made 26 appearances since its debut on May 19, 2004.  This is only its third out-of-showcase appearance.

Showcase #1: Port O Price
Canopied Popcorn Cart - $3,038
Spider-Man Pinball Machine - $4,495
Gem e4 Electric Vehicle - $10,190

Showcase #2: Stallwort Stingington III
Dahon Helios Folding Bicycle - $599
Trip to Juneau - $3,139
West Wight Potter 19' Sailboat - $17,220

New Prizes
Kawasaki KX-100 Offroad Motorcycle
4-Slice toaster Oven
Eacon Steam Shower
Spider-Man Pinball Machine (Comics and pinball...perfect combination. :))

Your Modeling Scorecard for November 2, 2007
Gwennie Osborne
$58,344 (Medium level), 9 prizes
What the contestants won:  $53,309, 8
What the contestants lost:  $4,995, 1
After 6 episodes
Prizes:  47 (38-9)
Cars:  7 (4-3)
Trips:  6 (5-1)
Season modeling total so far: $279,823

Gabrielle Tuite
$37,800 (Low level), 10 prizes
What the contestants won:  $32,715, 8
What the contestants lost:  $5,045, 2
After 7 episodes
Prizes:  57 (42-15)
Cars:  3 (2-1)
Trips:  3 (1-2)
Season modeling total so far: $320,108

Brandi Sherwood
$43,162 (Medium level), 9 prizes
What the contestants won:  $15,539, 5
What the contestants lost:  $27,623, 4
After 9 episodes
Prizes:  91 (68-23)
Cars:  6 (3-3)
Trips:  7 (6-1)
Season modeling total so far: $412,220

Your 25 prizes total $116,387.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:37:17 AM by whinbaby »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 12:51:35 AM »

Considering that in order to do that, she would have had to draw about six more cards with the rate she was going...no, can't say I was.

Hmm...I guess I just have no idea how much Ford Fusions cost, then.  Oh well.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 08:22:08 AM »
Hmm...I guess I just have no idea how much Ford Fusions cost, then.  Oh well.
Go between the prices of a Chevy Malibu and a Pontiac G6 and you're about right.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline CBS Page

• Outside in Line
  • One Dollar Drew
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »
Hi all,

If you remember this one..... The crowd was telling me to choose the cough drops instead of the Pine-Sol, I was telling myself that Pine-Sol must be more so I went with the Pine-Sol.

In the SC I knew as soon as she bid that she was over, as you can see in my photo I said "1 dollar drew" but bid low just to be safe,

I knew I was going to be picked that day as Stan gave me a hint in the interview, If your going to a show taping and would like to know what I did to get picked PM me and I will PM you back.

Phill

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »
I knew I was going to be picked that day as Stan gave me a hint in the interview, If your going to a show taping and would like to know what I did to get picked PM me and I will PM you back.

Why not just post it?  I feel pretty safe in saying that there's no surefire trick to getting picked beyond being yourself and showing genuine excitement.

Offline CBS Page

• Outside in Line
  • One Dollar Drew
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
It's an insider thing and don't want to jeperdise my new job.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
How much of an insider thing could it have been if you did it before you were hired?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:09:56 PM by Joe_Capitano »