Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2007  (Read 45733 times)

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2007
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »
this show was fantastic...probably the best episode so far. 4 new pricing games, Drew's "Inspirational Putt" with hilarious "footing" and commentary, two $1,000 winners and even a $5,000 winner in the SCS, a large SC win, and the majority of pricing games made in the game were won! overall, this show definitely was worth watching.

5/5
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »
Coming or Going: Easy as pie

Hole in One (or Two): Nice, quick putt and excellent job with the pricing.  Drew had me in stitches with the quiet voice during the putt.

Barker's Bargain Bar: i didnt fall for the pac-man trap  :lol:

SCSD #1 - It's unbelievable.

Make your move: A tough setup, seeing how there were multiple prices for the bikes that made sense.  I thought 8 K was a touch too high, but turns out i was wrong

Secret X: I had $99 for the spa sense it made more sense, but the giganto remote i had no idea about, i dont think she would have thought of a vertical win

Dice Game: Lucky rolls make this game easier.

SCSD #2 - $1000 and another 5? The odds are against this happening every time, but it continues to.  Is skill playing any factor?

Showcases: Nice to see such a big showcase and a big win with the Corvette.  Sorry Mike.

OVERALL: 4.5/5: cant get much better then this (besides the halloween show, of course  :biggrin:)
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline JackalopeHunter

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »
Observation: One of the crane shots they tend to use as an establishing shot at the beginning of the show zooms past a light pointing at the audience. It seems they put a Price is Right logo on the back of it.

Caught my eye, figured I'd share it.

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
Coming or Going - If one of the digits on the end is a 5, this game is just about a guaranteed win (especially if it's got a 9 next to it), and Melissa did not disappoint.
Hole in One - Congrats Mike! It's nice to see that Drew is going to have as much fun with this game as Bob.
Bargain Bar - Seemingly everybody in chat thought the arcade game was the bigger bargain. The Dob couldn't fool me though. :)
Make Your Move - I had 8495 for the motorcycles (forgetting the "2x ends in 5" rule), 839 for the desk thingyjig and 32 for the blender.
Secret X - That was painful to watch. I had no idea what to make the foot spa, but I had the remote control right.
Dice Game - With those rolls, that's just about as sure as you can be of winning.
Showcases - The "Brandi's Fear of the Dark" Showcase was fun; going over on it, not so much.

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 07:56:13 PM »
Nice to see some new games on the rotation that Drew has recently learned.   The rules are simple for the most part.  Now he's got - Hole in One, Make Your Move, Secret X, and Coming or Going on his resume.

The graphic change on the showcase showdown and showcase looked weird without the comma.

Mike, good job on Hole in One! 8-)

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 07:58:56 PM »
This episode and the Halloween one are probably the best two episodes they've shown so far.

Coming or Going -  An easy win here.

Hole in One - Congrats, Mike!  Great to see that Drew's going to have as much fun with this one as Bob.

Make Your Move - I knew the blenders were $49.

Secret X - Ouch.

Dice Game - Nice win here!  It would have been really painful if the 2 and the 5 had been reversed though.

Showcases - Loved Brandi's "Fear of the Dark" showcase.  Mike, the overbid...ouch.  But as you said, you already had one car!  The Corvette was a big surprise, and it was nice to see Lisa get it after the Secret X wipeout.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 08:00:35 PM by Turbo »
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
Nice show to end the week with-HIO was the highlight.

Coggy: Nice, easy win to start the day off.

Hole-in-One: Sweet: Definitely the highlight of the day for myself. This was beautiful to watch all the way around, Michael's pricing, Drew's banter, just be-yoo-ti-ful.

Secret X: Sheesh its been a while since we've seen a wipeout here.

Showcases: Wow, can't really say I was expecting that.

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
I watch the show with my brother, and everyday we bet money on the line-up of games and the order shown. We both agreed on Safe Crackers, Grand Game, etc. line-up, and made our bets on the order.

So, when Coming Or Going appeared we were stunned for a brief second. Then I literally leaped off the couch shouting, "YES! NEW GAME! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!".

Then Hole in One or Two, put me over the top in delerium. BTW, Mike, great playing. Congrats!
Drew's commentary on the side was the best thing he's done yet.

Today's show, and Halloween's show have finally made me a believer in Drew. I admit I went into the season with predetermined hatred for the new host.  I am so very happy he proved me wrong wrong wrong. Cheers!

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
And hey, did anybody like the new car music they played? (I may as well be the first to bring it up.)  I liked it so much, I played it again twice.
It sounds to me like it could have been from Edd Kalehoff - a couple of the chords (as well as the percussion) sounded like him.  It also makes sense because the "new" cues used in Coming or Going and Barker's Bargain Bar were from Tony Danza's old talk show, which Edd did the music for.   The cues are available on Edd's web site (as "TonyD TWO Long" and "TonyD1 Long") here:  http://www.kalehoff.com/samples.php?pageno=3&PHPSESSID=c297dacb6f77eaa65aa0db62543412d5.  In addition, the music used for the items in Hole in One also sounded like him.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
Coming or Going - That was easy
Hole in One - Congradulations Mike. i hope u had fun. that was really good with those grocery products
Barker's Bargain bar - easy
make Your Move - I didnt think those motorcylcles would be that expensive
Secret X - That was terrible luck
Dice Game - That was a nice win
Showcases - That was a nice win with the corvette. i knew michael was over on the cobalt but i didnt think by so little.
Grade: 7.5/10
Comments: this was quite the exciting week. i got to meet 2 of the contestants from shows that aired this week and there were som really big wins

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Finally... the first playing of Hole In One for Drew. It's a shame Drew didn't make his inaugural putt, but how about that playing by Michael? A first-line putt is very rare.

Another rarity: a Secret X wipeout. To be honest, I don't remember ever seeing one of these before.

HOTTIES: #26, Melissa; #27, Laura :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Lisa
SHOW GRADE: 3
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:41:48 PM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline mikeyg33

• 11/2/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • An amazing day at The Price is Right
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
The whole day was incredible....What's really amazing is that my wife and I were actually scheduled at first to be on the 4:00 show, but they gave us the option of going to the 1:00 show (nice decision if you ask me ;) )

* Chuck was our page for the morning...All I can say is simply amazing...He is truly talented, and at only 24, he's going to go places.

* The people I met in line were fantastic. For those that have not gone to a taping before, and can. If you're thinking about it, do it!  Getting up there on stage, and being a part of it was amazing, but just to be in the Bob Barker studio was simply priceless.  If you love the show, at least one time in your life, go to a taping!!!

Thanks again to all of your comments...This site is great, and it's good to know that there are others out there who really follow the show like I do (even moreso)

God Bless!
MG
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:44:04 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
Well, aren't y'all happy it's Friday?  I sure am, especially after pulling an all-nighter last Wednesday because I had a case study that was due. 

Coming or Going:  Easy pickin's...

Hole in One (or Two):  Congrats Mike!  You stopped the Dobber and won a nice car!  Oh yeah, Drew's commentary was the best thing that has ever happened for this game; way to go Drew for putting some fun into Holey!  :-D

Barker's Bargain Bar:  Wow...I figured that Pac-Man was the bigger bargain myself.  I suddenly began to remember in chat this morning that arcade games were first offered sometime in the late '80s; the first arcade game I saw on a TPiR episode was, ironically enough, Pac-Mania, the 3-D version of Pac-Man that was released by Namco in 1988. 

SCSD #1:  Wow...we've been working hard digging for dollars all season long!  Get your shovels and buckets ready!  :-D

Make your Move:  OWWIE...that was tricky! 

Secret X:  OUCH...our first wipeout of the season.  Those SP's were pretty evil!  :-(

Dice Game:  Wow!  What an amazing string of luck to get those good rolls and win!  :-D

SCSD #2:  Did I say in chat this morning that the Big Wheel is "hot"?  Well, judging by the amount of $1000 winners so far this season, it sure is hot!  As we always say in chat:  break out the shovels, we're gonna dig!   :hammer:

Showcases:  I was gonna bid the same bid ($24,750) as Mike, but I decided to shave $3000 off my original choice.  I'm sorry that you Heels'd your Showcase though Mike.  :-(  It was nice to see the Corvette won though...

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  4.0/4.0 (A)

By far, this was Drew's best show of the young season.  Hopefully, it'll get better as time goes by!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:29:02 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
Another rarity: a Secret X wipeout. To be honest, I don't remember ever seeing one of these before.

It is rare, although it last happened in Season 34 on February 6th - the same day Balance Game premiered.
John

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:33 PM »
By far....  Drew's best hosting this season.  I guess it would make sense since the show was taped just 2 weeks ago.

Very happy to see new games introduced into rotation.  I thought Drew handled the explanations well.

Noticed the reference to the "Goodson" mark during the SCSD.  Thought that was cool.

Also noticed the new font.  Not sure what I think about that.  Kinda liked the "Pricedown" numbers, personally.

We got to see "the wall" on camera today!!  (As in the graphic at the top of this website.)  I'm really liking the unusual shots that "jib" is providing.  It's kinda fun seeing more of the stage than we EVER saw during the Bob years!
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!