Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2007  (Read 45732 times)

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/02/2007
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2007, 08:20:04 AM »
We need to remember that this was one of the first shows taped. So, the Pricedown money win graphics are what's being used now. You're likely going to see a lot of bouncing around in the graphics department until they get on a more logical taping schedule.

This episode was taped on October 17th.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
Well, this show was taped only a little over two weeks ago and Drew is more comfortable in front of the camera.

Wow, we see four games make their first apperances in Drew's era so that's a good thing today.

I personally am not warming up to the new music cues, I just don't get a feel for them the way I did with the previous music package.

Wow, Hole in One was played and Drew did his first inspirational putt!  Congratulations Mike for winning that convertible and it's great that you won $2,000 in the show also through special bonuses.  I also liked how Drew did the commentary just like if this was a professional golf game.

I should also note that when the Mustang was revealed and cut back to Mike, the entire slate was spoiled.

I personally do not like the new money win graphics for the SCSD, this makes me appreciate the Pricedown version.

Kudos for the staff for leaving the Make Your Move prize music intact, as that is one of the best cues on the show, IMO.  That setup was difficult, especially for the price of the desk.

Wow, I was not expecting Secret X to show up and it stinks that there was a wipeout in that playing.  I think that the Kingpin font is a nice change of pace for the show.  It probably will find its way to the Pathfinder SP podiums.

That Dodge Avenger was sure loaded in Dice Game, I have to say.

Yay, they used Showcase '83 for a car cue, and wow a Corvette, albeit with a vamp verison of Passing Lane...

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:05:36 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2007, 10:53:18 AM »
Fireball Hottie #4--the new model Tamiko! :P

Fireball Hottie #5--Tammi! :P

Yay!  Coming or Going, Hole in One, Make Your Move, and Secret X!

Boo urns on the new prize cues!

Yay!  Half-Off cue for the bedroom group! :P

Speaking of Secret X, we've got the font update.  Nice to know that Roger has a new font to obsess over besides Dom Casual. :-D

We've got a Dodge Avenger and a new Yamaha motorcycle.  CSS, take note!

Mike, enjoy that new Mustang!  You couldn't have played Holey any more perfectly.  Chevy Cobalts are cheapos, so I regret to say that I knew immediately that you would be over.  I did not, however, expect you to be over by so little.  I barely expected your showcase to crack $20,000.

My showcase bids:
Cobalt--$20,030
Corvette--$55,555
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:06:45 PM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2007, 11:57:13 AM »
It sounds to me like it could have been from Edd Kalehoff - a couple of the chords (as well as the percussion) sounded like him.  It also makes sense because the "new" cues used in Coming or Going and Barker's Bargain Bar were from Tony Danza's old talk show, which Edd did the music for.   The cues are available on Edd's web site (as "TonyD TWO Long" and "TonyD1 Long") here:  http://www.kalehoff.com/samples.php?pageno=3&PHPSESSID=c297dacb6f77eaa65aa0db62543412d5.  In addition, the music used for the items in Hole in One also sounded like him.

I hope I wasn't confusing, but I was referring to the music that was played when they revealed the convertible.  Was it by this guy, because those two songs sound nothing like that music.  I just have to say, it's the first "new car" plug that can beat out "MGHSH".

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »
The new cues on this show did absolutely nothing for me.  They're not even memorable like the '03 package -- I couldn't tell you how a single one went.

Well, if you still have the show on Tivo, listen again to the cue when the Mustang Convertible is revealed.  I think I like it and hope they play it more.

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
Boo urns on the new prize cues!
== JAY SEZ: ==
"Boo urns"... that's a new one. Never heard. Definition?

And yes, Tamiko's a hottie too! Mee-yoww!

Thanks!

~JK~
 8-)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:32:35 PM by JayRockUSA »
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »
== JAY SEZ: ==
"Boo urns"... that's a new one. Never heard. Definition?
Thanks!

There was a Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns was being booed by a crowd; he asked Smithers "are they booing me?", and Smithers replied "no, they're saying Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
We need to remember that this was one of the first shows taped. So, the Pricedown money win graphics are what's being used now. You're likely going to see a lot of bouncing around in the graphics department until they get on a more logical taping schedule.

Actually, Dave, this is one of the most recent tapings.  Drew had already debuted on the air when it was recorded.

Well, if you still have the show on Tivo, listen again to the cue when the Mustang Convertible is revealed.  I think I like it and hope they play it more.

You know, I got a kick out of this for some reason.  I don't even have a TiVo.  Funny how those things have just become so accepted that references to them don't even feel forced.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline simpson93

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »
Yes! They played Hole in One! :-)
I can tell this episode was taped more later then the others the past few weeks, they have more games.
There was a Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns was being booed by a crowd; he asked Smithers "are they booing me?", and Smithers replied "no, they're saying Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"
This episode was "A Star is Burns" from Season 6. March of 1995

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »
That Mustang cue was the only new one that made any kind of impression on me. It has kind of a glitzy 1980's sound to it, which is interesting, but it doesn't have any kind of identifiable melody to it that makes a good TPiR prize cue. Even the unpopular old Concentration car cue (aka "the cheap car music"), which doesn't sound like much more than a rhythm bed actually has a four-note tune that repeats over and over that you could whistle if it got caught in your head. I hope that if we hear more new cues debuting over the coming weeks they don't all have the tendency to fade into the background.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
PG #1-Woohoo, Coming or Going is back!  That was an easy win and a great way to start the day.

PG #2-Yay, it's Drew's first Hole in One (airwise, anyway)!  That was very cool that Drew did an inspiration putt; keeping the tradition alive!  He nearly made it, too, but the ball bounced out of the cup.  Michael, however, had no problem and chips it in.  Congratulations, Michael!

PG #3-Another nice tribute to Bob.  I thought the arcade game was going to be the better bargain.

SCSD #1-Whoa, it's another new graphic!  It looks so different without the comma in there.

PG #4-Yay, Make Your Move with its correct cue, too! :-D  The motorcycles were easy to place, but the other two could have gone either way.  Tough loss.

PG #5-Woohoo, Secret "X"!  Hey, and the font is changed as well for the SPs.  OUCH, a wipeout.

PG #6-The odds were with Michael today, and he won nicely.

SCSD #2-A wheelie! :-D  Was there an edit during Michael's 1st spin?  It seemed like the wheel and the beeps were off.  Meh, maybe it's just my imagination.  Woot, a $6,000 winner!  This wheel has been extra hot this season compared to last season.

Showcases-Whoa, a Corvette!  I guess the show still isn't underbudget yet.  And the Corvette is won!

4 more games added today, and Drew nailed everynone of them!  I wish he would've revealed where the hidden X was, though.  Drew's hosting abilities today were the best I've seen yet!  I was laughing all after Drew kicked the ball in the hole with his foot in Hole in One.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2007, 02:56:02 AM »
It would be nice of Drew calls the asterisk the "Goodson mark" by default, though I don't know how long Fremantle would tolerate it...
They left the Mark Goodson name on the show for so many years when most companies want their own name on their products as soon as possible; I can't imagine, then, that they'd object to an acknowledgement that most people wouldn't even notice. Especially since there's almost never a reason to mention the asterisks at all.

Someone I can't find to quote said Make Your Move clashes with the new walls. It doesn't look as good there as Clock Game or Cover Up, but neither is it anywhere near as bad as Coming or Going!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2007, 10:58:21 PM »
Coming or Going: Let's see if I can remember.... if it ends in 95....

Hole in One... or Two: It's been a while since I seen someone go all the way. All that matters is Michael's putt... and Drew's "First".

Barker's Bargain Bar: Once again, I just know what to pick, even if my reasoning is wrong. I just thought the arcade game would be around $4000.

Make Your Move: I just wasn't so sure about a blender costing $32...

Secret X: Uh.... At least I knew the remote control would be $25.

Dice Game: Those [2]s and [5] are some of the time the tough ones...

There are some times where I just want to say, "Is the Wheel fixed or someting?" What I really say is "That Wheel is still hot!"
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline 801_bob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2016, 03:15:20 AM »
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had this episode on video? I'm a friend of Michael Runkle and would love to see it and show him the video.