Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2006  (Read 33035 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
In regards to Pathfinder, during Bob and Rogers little chat about how many times it was played perfectly, Pathfinder must have been played perfectly more than 2 times, Pathfinder wasn't around in 1986 (but there was a perfect win on its first playing in 1987 if im not mistaken) and they forgot about that episode in March.

(100)

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
You quick on the draw Adam, yeah, how could Bob forget about Avon chasing him all over the place? I detect a little bit of memory loss at his age of 82.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 05:46:42 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Martina!  :-P

PG #1 - Ummm, didn't we just play this game yesterday?  :-P  :-D  Man, I thought there was gonna be a riot after Michael put the $2,450 tag on the home gym.  That piano was so obviously the most expensive prize up there.  Good thing he wised up at the last second and switched that tag.

PG #2 - OK, Bob's having a senior moment!  He didn't ask Joel to turn the safe wheel before opening the safe.  That's the best part of this game--turning the safe wheel!

PG #3 - They're playing a SP game without a "Dumbo" DVD?  That was unusual.  Wrong, Bob--we had a Pathy exacta with "Contestant of the Year" contender Avonne earlier this season!  Wrong again, Bob--the choices are 2 and 0, not 5 and 0.  And holy cow--Pathy malfunctioned for the first time in years!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Methinks the Trivia Trap activated cuz Bob was standing on the 2 and the 2 lit up.

PG #4 - "Quit looking at the audience, Ryan!"  First number was obviously higher than 2, so that made 8 possible choices.  Ryan might just have been quick enough to attempt at least 6 of those 8 possibilities if he had used logic and 1) put the first disk higher and 2) didn't look at the audience!  Honda motorbike prices end in 4, so a pair of them would mean that the last number had to be 8 (higher than 7).  That would've given me, at most, 4 guesses to win.

One-Bid #5 - LOL!  First Judy, now Justine!

PG #5 - Yay!  Half Off cue!  :-P  And Hit Me!  :-D  Uh-oh, Bob's having another senior moment!  He didn't ask Judy if she wanted to stay or hit on 16.  Not like it matters at this point... the MidNite is an 8 and the Capzasin is a 7.  But I won't be surprised if Bob declares this a blooper win...

One-Bid #6 - Yep, I thought so.  Personally, I don't agree with Bob's decision to declare a blooper win given that she would've lost anyway if she had taken another card, but I ain't the executive producer, now am I?

PG #6 - Wow!  Another Mustang is won!  :-)  Today's playing of Money Game was... interesting.  Upon seeing the 9 numbers, I wonder why Roger went 15-17-19 for the three lowest numbers instead of, say, 19-20-21.  It almost made me believe that Roger was pulling a Frank by putting the back of the car behind 15!  :-P  And this car had paint sealant on it, but the last number was a zero!  When was the last time a car with PS/FP ended in 0 or 5?  Had I been on stage playing this game, I would've lost.  Upon hearing the paint sealant, I would've avoided any number that ended in 0 or 5.  I would've picked 42, 93, 81, and 51.

Showcases - Man, talk about your friggin' random spas!  And I didn't know Janice was driving that van...  :-D  :-D  :-D

My bids - Starcrossed:  $17,500.  Van:  $31,600.

Overall - Great show today!  Now if only Ryan had not looked out in the audience during Bonky...
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
Jordan7 wrote:

I don't know what to say about Hit Me. It's Bob's fault for not asking if she wanted to go again or stand, so I see no problem with awarding Judy the prize. But if she went again, she would have lost.

Then wouldn't you say that's "a problem with awarding Judy the prize," seeing as there was literally no way for her to win at that point?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 06:08:05 PM »
For me, this was a show of the year nominee. :-)

I wouldn't be surprized, Joe, if there was an edited overbid on the bar set.  I was shocked how slow the first half of the show was going, especially when they revealed Pathfinder.  The second half was also kinda slow, with Bonkers, not the quickest of one-prizers, leading off, and Hit Me, taking a while fifth.  Having said all that, thank goodness there was Money Game sixth, otherwise more of the show was liable to be edited out.

Something else about Pathfinder -- the 2 was still lighted up when the "path" usually flashes, resulting in six numbers flashing. :-P

Two things I'm getting REALLY tired of:

1) Contestants coming up on stage
2) Bonkers losses

With the setup in Money Game, it looks like The Dob wanted it won.

br wrote:
Clearance: How much easier can it get?

Much.  The piano was kind of obvious, but the sofa could have been either price tag.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 06:08:52 PM »
tpiradam wrote:In regards to Pathfinder, during Bob and Rogers little chat about how many times it was played perfectly, Pathfinder must have been played perfectly more than 2 times, ...

br wrote: You quick on the draw Adam, yeah, how could Bob forget about Avon chasing him all over the place? I detect a little bit of memory loss at his age of 82.

I think it should be fairly obvious by now to almost everyone that the "historic moments" Bob offers up are fictional most of the time.  Bob doesn't even really try to pass them off as the truth most of the time, and it's clearly obvious by watching Roger that he's just making them up.  Please don't blame this on Bob's age....

With all of that said, this show was just really fun to watch all the way through, just because it was so weird.  Bob did seem to be a bit off today, but today, it just made the show more interesting rather than really getting in the way of it.

Regarding Hit Me, I would have been ok with Bob coming back up after the commercial, showing the two cards she had left proving she'd have lost the game had she gone on, announcing the mistake, and going forward without awarding the prize.  

Martina gets my vote for contestant of the day.  She was just so excited to be there, and then the weird ending of Pathfinder.  I was very happy she won the car.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Jordan7 wrote:

I don't know what to say about Hit Me. It's Bob's fault for not asking if she wanted to go again or stand, so I see no problem with awarding Judy the prize. But if she went again, she would have lost.

Then wouldn't you say that's "a problem with awarding Judy the prize," seeing as there was literally no way for her to win at that point?

I guess. Sorry. Has this ever happened before, when someone is awarded a prize when they shouldn't have been?

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 06:14:55 PM »
SteveGavazzi, thanks for noticing my mistake---I meant LAST week, not yesterday.  Ten Chances was visibly frustrating last  week and I had to scream at the TV.  Even with Bonkers today, I screamed at the TV with Ryan's poor playing.  Ryan deserved to lose in my honest opinion by not being fast enough in Bonkers.

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »
I honestly had no idea where to place any sale prices to win Clearance Sale today.  It was a very difficult setup in my opinion.

I was amazed that Joel won Safe Crackers.  There's no way I would have guessed $560 over $650.

Speaking of Safe Crackers, they better not have permanently dumped the bring-in shot of the three-digit prize.

Still speaking of Safe Crackers, I can't say I've ever heard the cue run longer than I heard it today.  That was nifty.

Martina started on my annoying side, but quickly redeemed herself.  She was wonderful, and that awesome Pathfinder win of hers that she managed to score made her all the better.

Speaking of Safe Crackers, the ending, as awkward as it was, was quite hilarious.

They have a giant red curatin on wheels.  I suggest bringing it out and using it to block the contestant's view of the audience when they play Bonkers!. :-P

Hit Me was just a mess, but even then, there was no justice for awarding Judy an automatic win.  Forget that Bob didn't ask her if she wanted to stop.  She couldn't win at that point anyway.  Her only hope was if Bob had made the house's ace one and played on from there hoping the house might bust, which I'm surprised that he didn't do.

I said in chat that Aaron would pick sixty off the Money Game board before the game was over.  I never thought that would actually be a correct choice. :-)

The van drive-on in the second Showcase was too funny.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 07:55:51 PM »
Today's show was very good.

Even though what happened at the end of Pathfinder was kind of weird, it was still a very good playing. Also, Martina was a great, fun, contestant.

Having lots of contestants look towards the audience in Bonkers is really starting to get old, like today.

In my opinion, it wasn't necessary to award Judy a win in Hit Me.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »
Show #6408

Showcase #1
Home by Largo bedroom and a King Koil Comfort Sensations Elite Pierce Sleep Set, and the Pierce model is non-existant.  This is pure Jaclyn Smith! - $4,994
Safenet Security Systems - $1,950
Bullfrog Spa, which has never appeared on the Price is Right before - $11,863

Showcase #2
Dell Laptop Computer (40 GB Drive, CD/DVD Burner) - $999
Voyage vers Paris, France, and I wonder if that luxury hotel is a Hilton hotel.  That would be cool.  In fact, there are five Paris Hiltons in Paris. - Its price is $8,611
Ford Freestar - $24,490

Modeling Report for June 20, 2006
Score to beat: $68,755

[color=3FB0D0]Shane Stirling[/color]
Total - $39,706
[color=0000FF]Won - $37,459 (94.34%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $2,247 (5.66%)[/color]
Record - 7-4

[color=D0A97D]Lanisha Cole[/color], and boy, she looks a bit like Phire Dawson today!
Total - $13,802
[color=0000FF]Won - $10,709 (77.59%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $3,093 (22.41%)[/color]
Record - 5-2

[color=C54865]Gabrielle Tuite[/color]
Total - $73,532
[color=0000FF]Won - $49,042 (66.69%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $24,490 (33.31%)[/color]
Record - 7-1

...and then, there were 15.

All 24 prizes today totaled $126,656!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:59 PM »

Richie wrote:
Ten Chances was visibly frustrating last week and I had to scream at the TV.

Ten Chances is always frustrating. Bob always manages to relieve some of the tension with his humor, though, so it's not always bad.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 11:45:26 PM »
On that comment about historical moments, I do believe Bob was right on the money about May 2005. It was that exacta win on Switcheroo, and said that hadn't happened since 1984. Well, if he wasn't counting Tom Kennedy's version, he probably had it right. But later in the same show, there was a Bonkers exacta win. In the video, I still have trouble figuring out if Bob meant 2 exacta wins hadn't happened in the same show since 1976, or Bonkers hadn't been exacta since 1976. Lol, me thinks he could possibly have been trying to say Bonkers was around in '76.

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 11:49:47 PM »
Incidentally, I just thought of this, is the sound effects lady the same one that was on the "50 years of CBS" special back in 2002? I forget her name, but there was a clip of the TPIR segment from that show at tpir.tv. She seems a lot sharper than that, maybe they have some newbies up in the booth? Scott would probably know this one for sure....

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 01:27:56 AM »
Clearance Sale-Good job with Michael winning Clearance Sale.  Audience really helped him out.  Good job!

Safe Crackers-Easy.  Great win!  Obviously now the wheel on the safe does nothing.

Pathfinder-Haha, Martina's reaction to getting up on stage was awesome!  Awesome Pathfinder win; played perfectly.

Bonkers-Him looking at the audience costed him big time.  The first digit was definitely higher, so that gives you 8 choices maximum; then the 3rd digit was more than likely higher, so that's basically 4 choices.  If he wouldn't have looked in the audience, he would have won.

Hit Me-She said she knew how to play the game, but obviously she didn't know how.  She would've lost anyway.  I was shocked that Bob actually gave her the prize.

Money Game-Playing can't get much better than that.  Excellent playing!

What a way for Joel to celebrate his birthday: winning his game, getting $1000 on the Big Wheel, and winning his showcase.  Good job!
All Hail Sinfonia!