Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2006  (Read 33066 times)

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 02:23:13 AM »
Okay, this deserves commentary today.

First off, as many oddities as occurred, it was a GREAT show.  With the excpetion of the Bonkers playing, the show was well done.  Bob had some senior moments, but it was thoroughly entertaining.  Incidentally, with regards to Pathfinder, I would be willing to guess that someone thought Bob's foot was the contestant stepping to the 2 and after it lit up (as it should for a recap, albeit late) the sound effects THOUGHT the contestant was stepping there and signaled the buzzer effect.  However, once the mistake was discovered, that's when the hub ub started and the dinging and flashing, etc.  Basically, I would say there were ANY NUMBER of reasons that the game error occurred.  And it was interesting seeing the two blinking as well during the win; that's one I would ask CBS Electronics about for an answer as to why, I honestly do not know.

As for Hit Me, I think she should not have been awarded the prizes, but my guess is that the audience felt a little weird about it during the break and even though she technically had lost at that point of the game, good faith would say to award her the prize anyway.  We all know that Price has always been VERY GENEROUS if there is ever a concern about fair play of any game.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
Pathfinder: Very Interesting to see Martina go crazy.  And it was also interesting to see the Trap buzz first, then the right # bell.

Bonkers: Sigh...I'm starting to like this game less and less.  This should have been won, pure and simple.

Hit Me: I thought giving Jane the techincal win was too generous.

Showcase:I got a kick seeing the van knock down the food display.  Both bids were really good.

Overall: Another great show!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »
Pathfinder and It's in the Bag have seen increases in play lately, which I think is great.

Frank15 wrote:
Speaking of Joel, why did Bob keep pronouncing his name "Joe-elle"?  That seemed strange.

Because his name tag was written "Joél."

br wrote:
In the video, I still have trouble figuring out if Bob meant 2 exacta wins hadn't happened in the same show since 1976, or Bonkers hadn't been exacta since 1976. Lol, me thinks he could possibly have been trying to say Bonkers was around in '76.

Bob knows his historic moments are completely inaccurate. He just does it because it's becomes a fun running gag. After making a big deal about Switcheroo, he made the joke about Bonkers not being won on the first try since 1976 because he knew very well that the game hasn't been around that long. I thought it was his funniest one.

Futuregsh wrote:
And it was interesting seeing the two blinking as well during the win; that's one I would ask CBS Electronics about for an answer as to why, I honestly do not know.

Apparently when they press the "win" button on the console, it causes any numbers that are already lit up to start blinking. Since they hadn't turned off the 2 before the contestant stepped to the 0, they hastily lit up the 0 once the theme/bells started and quickly activated the win sequence, neglecting to turn off the 2 in the process.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Hastin

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 05:25:08 PM »
Ok, I attended this taping. In fact, I was sitting to the right (on camera) of Justine, in a crazy blue Hawaiian shirt. Nice to get some Camera time. As for the Hit Me win, when I saw Roger have a talk with Bob, I was hoping that she wouldn't have won Hit Me. As for the Pathfinder blunder, he had a few funny words to say during the commercial. Not to attack, but after hearing the Bonkers guy rant and rave in line (about how excited, and great he was), I was sorta glad to see him lose, A total Evil thing. Had a fantastic time for my first taping. :D

Since I was sitting right next to where the allready played contestants sit, I just want to comment on how on-the-ball the contestants assistant was. Nice Job. ;)

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

shellgame69 wrote:
Pathfinder: Very Interesting to see Martina go crazy.  And it was also interesting to see the Trap buzz first, then the right # bell.

There's a video of this on YouTube. Interesting note that this episode was taped before the $40,853 (Angela's episode) day. In fact, I have this Pathfinder error favorited on that site. I burst out laughing when I heard the trap buzz and then the dings. That was priceless.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »
How is this episode being taped before the "Angela episode" interesting?  Lots of episodes were taped before lots of other episodes... it's not really interesting.  It just "is."

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 10:19:50 PM »
You're right. It's not that interesting. I just like to keep track of weekly episodes in case I miss them, that's all. No hard feelings.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 11:29:25 PM »
Hastin wrote:

Ok, I attended this taping.

I thought that was you!  I don't know how I noticed the name tag, but when I saw that it read, "Hastin," I had a pretty good idea it was you.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.