Author Topic: CSS Results for June 21  (Read 3247 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 21
« on: June 21, 2006, 04:05:57 PM »
If your name starts with an "N" and ends in "ick" then you had a good day. Then there's everyone else, without exception.

Some good bids on the convertible, a few garfs, a few overs (including PriceFan985's $18 overbid), but nothing terribly serious. Then the world's cheapest trip to Tahiti. I think that after many people wayyyy underestimating Australia before, we made up for it today in spades. Perhaps it was actually a trip to Tahiti, Wyoming... or something. Or maybe you have to get there via Hoveround. :-D

When the smoke cleared, Nick had a DSW, nearly 200 points and $48.5K+ in money. Everyone else.... well, read the message in the spreadsheet.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for June 21
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for June 21
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
Dang, I wish I could come to chat everyday.  Maybe when I'm in college after next year I can find a way to structure my classes around TPIR.  This game's too fun to miss.

Let's see...can't make it tomorrow or Friday.  I might make Monday and Tuesday...so until then, you guys have a chance. :-)
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:50:06 PM »
Woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww.

That YouTube clip I posted after the last complete wipeout fits today as well (and once again, I'm in the #2 car flipping and getting nailed  :-P ).

What kind of "luxury" trip was that, anyway?  Luxury usually means teh $$$$$$.  Dob musta had something to drink and suddenly his definition of Luxury means "comes with main course and small order of french fries" rather than the whole kit and kaboodle.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »
Poor namnhu. He got the word "crap" next to him.  :lol:

That ain't Tahiti. I used it in one of my shows, and it was at least $7,000!

Offline wschmrdr

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:03 AM »
Heck, I remember it was $13,000 on the premiere! Actually, I went about 9000 for the trip, and then Mello'd it. Maybe I was really close with the furniture and just screwed up the trip. Either that or that fruit basket was only about 20 bucks. :P