Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006  (Read 34480 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006
« on: June 21, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
Production #3673K - Taped June 21, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Brandi Sherwood and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Attitudes

1  Doughboy Backyard Pool (G)
DIANE M. 1450   ANGELA 2200   RONALD 1451   CONNIE *2241   ($2974)

Connie from Iowa plays for a trip to Cabo San Lucas (6n @ Pueblo Bonito)(B&G)

Check:  $2530
Price:   4356
Total:  $6886   LOSS

2  Cotton Candy Cart (L)
+Diane M. *1290   +Angela 1186   +Ronald 1   DIANE K. 650   ($1408)

Diane M. plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Ford Fusion SE (Std., Safety/Security)(G)

1.  .25         2
2.       01678  1  *  (17)  .00   .25
3.       0 678  6  X
    .50         7  X
    .75         8  *  ( 9)  .10   .35
4.       0  67  7  *  ( 4)  .10   .45
5.       0  6   6  X
   1.00         0  *  (14)  .25   .70   LOSS

3  O.W. Lee Wought Iron Chaise/Hot Pockets (B)
DAMIAN 150   +Angela 596   +Ronald *799   Diane K. 655   ($1170)
STUPID BID

Ronald plays BARGAIN BAR

Tama Star Classic Drum Kit/Meinl Cymbals (L)            $2266   $2966   $ 700
Maplewood Bar Set (G)                            PICK   $1499   $2499   $1000   WIN!

When Barker read the price of the chaise, Damian's mouth dropped to the floor. Perhaps
he buys his chaises as Value Village or someplace like that.

SHOWDOWN #1                      Spinoff
$1,408   Diane M.   40 + 30   .70  .35
 2,974   Connie     70 stay   .70  .30   Through to Showcase Round
 6,635   Ronald     20 + 10   .30

4  LandRider His/Her Bicycles (G)
Damian 1400   +Angela 1   JOHN 1100   Diane K. *1150   ($1200)

Diane K. BULLSEYE plays for a Chrysler Pacifica (Std.)(B)($25,895)

(3) (Jif) Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (28 oz)  8 x 2.99  $23.92  
(5) (Nabisco Chips Ahoy) Cookies (snack)       9 x  .55    4.95  BULLSEYE   WIN!
(4) (Fiji) Bottled Water (1l)                  4 x 1.59    6.36

(1) Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter
(2) PS Surface Cleaner

5  Replogle Statesman 20" Illuminated Globe (B&G)
Damian 700   +Angela 701   John 1   KRISTI *1200   ($2800)

Kristi from Orange County, CA plays SWITCHEROO

Numbers:  [2][4][5][7][9]

Dodge Ram 1500                                        1st Try      2nd Try
  (Std., AT, V8, Cruise, Seats, AirBag, BlkHtr)(L)  $2 4,4[7]5   $2 4,4[9]5
Cereal Dispenser                                          [5]0         [4]0
Vegetable Steamer/Masher                                  [9]0         [7]0
Pitcher                                                   [2]2         [2]2
Walnut Jewelry Box                                        [4]0         [5]0
                                                      1 RIGHT      WIN!

Another day, another laggard. Today it's Angela. Banishment to the "First Four"
Breakfast Club awaits her unless she can turn things around...

6  Palm Tungsten E2 PDA (L-in the Row)
Damian 700   +Angela 775   John 1801   YOLANDA 1800   OVERBID
       450          *500           1            675   ($517)

Angela escapes! She plays MOST EXPENSIVE

CalPak His/Hers 5 pc Luggage Sets (B)         $1500
carolinachair.com Hughes Chaise (L)            1225
Home Gym (G)                            PICK   2299   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2
$ 5,541   Angela     20 + 65   .85   Through to Showcase Round
 27,095   Diane K.   15 + 55   .70
 27,477   Kristi     30 + 20   .50

SHOWCASE ROUND
Angela has the honor.

SC1-Angela   Edible Arrangements Fruit Bouquets
BID   $22,926   Broyhill Urban Dining Group
PRICE    35,282   Noritake Ardmore China Dinnerware (L)
DIFF   -12,356   Chrysler Sebring GTC Conv. (Std., Security, Stereo, Sealer, FabProt)(B)
TOTAL   $40,823

SC2-Diane M.   HOW TO BE A GREAT BOSS
BID   $13,500   Crystal Stemware
PRICE    13,284   Whirlpool Range, Fridge & Dishwasher (L)
DIFF      OVER   Trip to Tahiti (6n)(B&G)

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $106,412

...and then, there were four (not 12, four).

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 01:45:55 PM »
Check Game – Tough luck. People are always under estimating the price of the prizes and go over the limit. They have to think lower. As soon as I saw the trip I said “$1500”, and what do you know? I would have won...

Pocket Change – Jeez. Everyone had such high hopes that she pulled a good amount off the board. Unfortunately for her, she pick all the low numbers...

Barkers Bargain Bar – Nothing really to say except he made a good choice. The bar was really under-priced, and the drum set couldn’t have been that much more expensive...

Bullseye – I think the peanut butter was more expensive than everyone thought. But that mistake didn’t cost her a bit. It may have made thins a bit more difficult, but she won nonetheless.

Switcheroo – ALL 5! When was the last time that happened? Not recently, that’s for sure… And let me just say, any day they have 2 cars back-to-back, especially in one half, is a special day.

Most Expensive – Another good decision. The luggage looked cheap and so did the chair. The home gym was the only thing there that looked really pricey...

Showcases – All I have to say is “Wow.” To start, Diane’s showcase was REALLY cheap – everyone thought it was MUCH more expensive, and so did I – I bid $18K. MEANWHILE, I bid $35K on Angela’s showcase - I would have had a difference of only $282!

All in all, a good show – 4 for 6, and as always, humerous moments. The best being Ronald who Bob said was a “drunk drummer”...
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:50:35 PM »
Check Game- The moment that Connie wrote that check for $2,000 dollars I had a feeling she had lost.

Pocket Change- Ugh! Diane should have known the last number was 0 immediatly but it wouldn't have mattered she probably would have still lost.

Barker Bargain Bag- The bar Is also what I chose as the bigger bargain.

Bullseye- The other Diane was real lucky I felt that her first guess  on the peanut butter was off the rocker.

Switcheroo- Wow' out of nowhere Chirsty had all five right. Good job.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:06:54 PM »
Check Game: Tough break. She knew how to play the game. I thought Mexican trips were cheap! Not today, obviously.

Pocket Game: It's a shame Diane M. lost this today, because not only was it her favorite game, it's one of my favorites too. The second and last digits were gimmies, but the third and fourth could have been anything. I would have had $1.00 for the car as well. If it's of any consolation to her, even if she had not made that stupid mistake on that last digit, she would still have lost by a nickel. So, by making that mistake, she made the loss less painful than it could have been.

BBB: Fairly easy.

SSD1: Another surprise- Diane wins the spin-off with 35 cents!

Bullseye: WHAT?!? THIS PLAYED FOR A $25,000+ CAR?!?!? You've got to be freakin' kidding me! Believe it or not, it was actually easy to win, as long as you picked the cookies and you weren't insane! She was going to go with two of the cat litter (which also would have won), but it didn't matter! What a big win!!

Switcheroo: AND THIS PLAYED FOR A $24,000+ TRUCK?!? The surprises keep on coming! And believe it or not, it's won as well, because there's a nine in the fourth digit!! Not only that, all of the prizes were won!! Unbelievable!

Most Expensive: Pretty easy.

SSD2: Can you believe neither car winner made it to the showcase? Darn!

Showcase: Yet another surprise in this surprising day- A CONVERTIBLE IN A FURNITURE SHOWCASE!!! HOLY TOLEDO!!
Both showcases were pretty nice today, BTW! I'll have to be honest- after all bids were in, I thought Angela for sure was toast, and Diane would get her redemption after losing her favorite pricing game. But I was stunned when the trip showcase was unbelieveably cheap! I thought Tahiti was super expensive! Gosh, I am kicking myself right now for that prediction!

Overall: Without a doubt, this is one of the five best shows of the season! Great prizes, contestants and games- what more could you want?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:08:53 PM »
Five Price Tags on Monday, Pathfinder on Tuesday, Switcheroo on Wednesday... think there's any chance Roger's treating us with a finale week of all the small prize car games played?  Ooh, we can only hope to see Master Key and Spelling Bee over the next two days!

I really like how Kristi played Switcheroo.  While yes, she did place the number in the car price second, she did look everything over, and put everything in spaces to make the prices look reasonable.  Then, after getting only 1 right on the first try, she carefully looked everything over, and seemed to put actual thought into what to change.  Good job, Kristi, getting all five right!  Or just the car:  that's what counts, right?  Almost as fun as yesterday's Pathfinder segment!

Speaking of Kristi, why did she ask for Bob to help her spin the wheel?  She looked fairly fit.  She wasn't tiny.  She was young.  For some reason, though, she didn't even try to spin it once.

I wish Bob would start making sure that the contestant really does know how to play Check Game when they say they do.  Not that Connie really did anything to make me believe she didn't know how to play.  Really, Connie had no chance of winning anyway.

It doesn't bother me so much today that Bullseye was won with the hidden bullseye.  The last time Bullseye was won like that, Roger obviously had no intent for the game to be won that way, and it was disgusting to see it happen.  The difference today was that Roger obviously wanted the game won by any means possible today:  anyone who picked the cookies essentially had an automatic win!  A 60% chance of winning for doing nothing... not sure I like it, but at least Roger meant for that to happen this time.

I'm betting Ronald's neighbors wish that Ronald would have lost Barker's Bargain Bar !

Cool!  John made a PSP reference:  actual reason for it too!

I like it more when contestants bid $xx,500 instead of $xx,000.  It creates better suspense when you realize that the contestant might be over when Bob reads the first two numbers.

Has there ever been a show before where all three second half contestants won a car ?

weatherdan wrote:  Check Game – Tough luck. People are always under estimating the price of the prizes and go over the limit. They have to think lower. As soon as I saw the trip I said “$1500”, and what do you know? I would have won...

You can't honestly have expected any normal person to have won Check Game today.  It was a forced loss, plain and simple.  At least if you don't count anyone on this forum.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »
It was clear the car inventory day on Price it appears.  Pocket Change had the potential for a win (even though she had bad luck for her envelopes), Bullseye was a win waiting to happen, Switcheroo, while a difficult game, surprised me when the digit for the car was 9 to complete a 95 ending. And the convertible showcase, while notoriously contestants underbid there, was definately the winner with the second showcase at just over $13K with an apparently expensive trip.  That's just my opinion of course...

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
I didn't really watch until Most Expensive, and threw my headphones down when the Tahiti showcase was cheap (overbid by just $296!) I knew THAT one was coming! Wasn't mad at the top winner (though I did have bad, unwanted thoughts of Patrick Flueger playing a character who does mean things to young women), but I'd give this episode a C-. I'm not quite feeling the Showcase win in Angela (sorry, don't know the last name). $40,000+ is not enough. I expected more than this. This episode was pretty much your average episode. I hope tomorrow (my grandmother's 80th birthday)'s episode is a lot better than this... :-(

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:23:59 PM »
Well... um... we don't know Angela's last name, either.  I think most of us pay little attention to that, unless there's something memorable about it, like Holly Wood a few seasons ago, or Nicole Thorenson/Thornbrough/Barrington back eight years ago !  Or Ms. Lemongelli, who's first name I don't remember!

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
I really didn't expect the trip to Cabo to break $3500.  Boy was I wrong.

It's a little bittersweet knowing that Pocket Change would have been lost even if Diane didn't pick 6 as the last number.

This is just my general opinion, but Bullseye should never be played for anything over $20,000, and today's playing pretty much proved it.  Honestly was really amusing how close it was to being lost.

I think the Showcase round was definitely rigged to give the Convertible showcase away.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
Check Game-Yikes!  I had no idea some trips to Cabo San Lucas exceeded $4000!

Pocket Change-Poor Diane, she said she knew how to play the game, but envelope picks were unlucky.

Barker's Bargain Bar-That bar set was screaming to be picked.

Bullseye-Wow, a $25,000+ car as the prize.  She looked like she wanted to say two cat litters, which would result in a win, but she won anyway with the hidden bullseye.

Switcheroo-When she had the blocks in place on her second try, I knew she won all five.  It's cool to see the check marks flash all at once.

Most Expensive-Easy setup today.  That home gym was begging to be picked.

Showcases-What! That must have been one cheap trip to Tahiti.  Usually, trips like that exceed $10,000.  

Overall, a great show today.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 02:54:32 PM »
Check Game: I thought for sure $2530 would cover it, for I thought it was

Pocket Change: I felt for Diane, in that I thought she won.  I thought the price was fairly easy.

BBB: I figured that the bar set was the bigger bargain.

Bullseye: Wow, amazing. A $25,000 Car?!  I thought for sure Diane would pick 2 cat litters, but it didn't matter.

Switcheroo: Unbelieveable, I knew the cereal dispenser was $40.  I figured she had all 5 right the second time.

Most Expensive: I knew the home gym was the Most expensive.

Showcase: I would have went with $27,210 for the Sebring.  22K wasn't even close.  My mouth dropped when the Tahiti trip was in the low 13K.  I would have bid $17,000 and be over by a lot.

Overall: Another fun show today.

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
Interesting show today.

Check Game---I thought the Cabo trip was at least $3400.  Unfortunately, my jaw dropped when it was $4356.  Obviously Roger made it very difficult today and also a forced loss there.

Pocket Change---when it came to the last number, she said "6."  I screamed "WHAT?!!!"  It's zero!!!  She did have bad luck with the envelopes.

Bullseye---I was totally surprised to see it won today with a $25000 car.  When was the last time Bullseye was played for a car?  

Switcheroo---Nice win as well--when they showed the pitcher as one of the small prizes, I noticed that it was the same one from Half off a couple weeks back (the $22 one).  The pitcher was priced at $11 on that Half off game but the contestant chose the other product, which was wrong.  When she had one right, I knew it was the pitcher that was right.  Every other price was wrong.

The showcase: Angela lowballed.  I thought that Diane M had that showcase with the Tahiti trip.  $13,500 was a reasonable bid in my honest opinion.  I have 3 words to say about her overbid---just her luck.  It was $13,284.  She overbid by $216.  I felt bad for Diane M.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 03:30:41 PM »
Wow, a 4-car day.  Unbelievable.

Check Game – This was pretty tough.  Too bad she lost.

Pocket Change – My dad guessed the price of the car correctly without making a mistake.  He would have won.  Too bad she would have lost anyway if she had picked the 0.

Barkers Bargain Bar – Easy.

Bullseye – Wow, when I noticed it was being played for a car, I was shocked.  Haha, she cracked me up while playing.  Awesome win!

Switcheroo – She got all 5 right!  Played perfectly!

Most Expensive – Easy.

Showcases – Bummer for Diane to lose by so little.  Furniture AND a car in Angela's showcase---don't see that too much.
All Hail Sinfonia!

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

PimpinJC wrote:

Switcheroo – She got all 5 right!  Played perfectly!

Actually, she got all 5 right on her second try.  But wasn't that oh so cool to see?  I literally jumped out of my seat and jumped up and down when she won all 5 prizes including that truck.

What else can I say about this truly awesome show?  I am at a loss for words.  LOL!

I hope someone made a clip of the Bullseye playing and uploaded it on Youtube.  That playing was a pretty excited playing.

Hope tomorrow's show will have the same power of today's.  Later, gang!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
Anyone who would have won Check Game here, good for you. I'm sure all of us thought that she would have won, thinking the trip was around $3000. That was a forced loss. I was shocked. I said write a $2500 check as well.

Diane played Pocket Change okay. I think she got the concept of avoiding the 0 until the end, but I thought she was smarter than that, picking 6 as the last number. If she did pick 0, she still would have lost by a nickel. Also, did Bob seem like he was rushing through getting the game done?

Bargain Bar was fairly easy. I still would have picked the bar set. I liked Bob's comment about a drunk drummer, and how Robert said he enjoyed music and drinking.

I'm kind of glad Bullseye was won. It was simple for me, and I was happy Diane won. She seemed confused at first, buying 8 peanut butters, and actually counting on her hands beforehand 2, 4, 6, 8. I can't blame her for thinking the package of cookies was $1. And she was also gonna buy 2 cat litters, which would have been right! But it all worked out.

Kristi did a good job with Switcheroo. She seemed focused, and not rushed. She took her time after only getting 1 right, and she nailed it! Good for you!

Most Expensive was easy. Enough said.