Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006  (Read 34478 times)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »
Hey gang!!!!!! It's been awhile since i've posted-considering i've gotten married and travelled across the southeast these last 3 weeks.I was in Kentucky, Virginia, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and finally back to our home state of Tennessee. It's good to be home and moving in a house. Finally my thoughts on today's show....

Check Game: I thought that trip was around $3500. Guess I would have lost as well.

Pocket Change: Ouch, tough luck there. Thinking that last number was "6" sure hurt her.

BBB: Easy enough.

Bullseye: WHOA, when was the last time this was played for a car?!?!? That's the 1st time i've ever saw it for a car. Good win to boot.

Switcheroo: Outstanding. Probably the best this game has been played all year, outside earlier in the year when a contestant named James played.

Most Expensive: As BBB earlier, easy.

Showcases: Tough luck for Diane there.

Overall, excellent show today, great selection of games-especially Bullseye for a car. What surprises await us tomorrow? Can't wait to find out.

Offline dunph

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »
A rare day when I don't normally post.  Who would have thought 2 games won with 2 cars in a row?

A Chrysler Pacifica, and A Dodge Ram Truck. Amazing.

I don't each watch because I work.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »
PG #1 - Man, talk about your forced Check Game loss!  I don't think anybody would've guessed that any trip to Mexico would cost over $4,000.

One-Bid #2 - Ass blow-up cart!  :-P  :-D

PG #2 - Painful loss there, as the car's price was fairly easy.

PG #4 - WOW!  Car game 4th again!  :-P  :-P  :-P  Bully?!  :-D  :-D  :-D  A non-car game for a nice car instead of a Focus or an Aveo.  That's just... WOW!  For such a nice car at stake, Roger set this us for a win.  He put the hidden bullseye behind the easiest product on the table!  Bully for a car!  Unbelieveable!

PG #5 - The GP/SP games are back-to-back again... and both are played for cars!  Has that ever happened before?  But man, I love it when Roo gets the rare win!  I love it even more when everything's won.  I believe this car game was also set up to be won.  None of the small prizes looked like they were worth $90, so the truck was the only logical place for the 9.

PG #6 - Another easy setup.

Showbids - A furniture showcase with a convertible?!  "No, Angela!  That doesn't even cover the convertible!"  And the actual retail price is... $13,000... *pause tape* "Don't tell me we've got another DSW on a trip package!" *restarts tape* OUCH!  I knew that second showcase was gonna be an el cheapo, but I didn't think it'd be that cheap.  I thought my bid of $14,000 was conservative!

My bids - Convertible:  $30,500.  Trip:  $14,000.

Overall - Let me repeat this, ya'll--BULLY WAS PLAYED FOURTH FOR A CAR!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Needless to say, this was another great show.  Back-to-back great shows don't happen too often.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 05:53:51 PM »
I went to middle school and high school with Angela's brother, Jesse.  Nice guy, although I had no idea he had a sister until four days ago.

I'm amazed how bad the Check Game loss was, considering the trip was only down to Mexico.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time all season that Pocket ¢hange has been played in an odd-numbered week.

Speaking of Pocket ¢hange, there is no way anyone should have missed the last number.  (Not that it ended up mattering, but still.)

Bob's line about a drunk drummer was hilarious.

Roger clearly wanted to give away cars today...and Diane and Angela should both thank their lucky stars that he did, because the former obviously had no idea what she doing in Bullseye, and the latter, much as I hate to say it, made a really bad bid on her showcase.  I still can't believe how cheap Diane M.'s showcase was...the budget must be in insanely good shape or something for Roger to make it that hard for the car showcase not to be won.

And on a side note...has it ever been more clear that Roger wanted Bullseye won?  Pretty much all you had to do was use the cookies!

I was stunned when the final result of Switcheroo appeared.  That game has had an interesting year -- it's only been won twice, and both times, the person playing it won everything.

Shame on you, Bob.  St. Marys isn't anywhere near Erie.

Frank15 wrote:

Ooh, we can only hope to see Master Key and Spelling Bee over the next two days!

If I have my way, you are never going to forget that you said that. :-D

Dexter Felipe Williams wrote:

I didn't really watch until Most Expensive, and threw my headphones down when the Tahiti showcase was cheap (overbid by just $296!) I knew THAT one was coming! Wasn't mad at the top winner (though I did have bad, unwanted thoughts of Patrick Flueger playing a character who does mean things to young women), but I'd give this episode a C-. I'm not quite feeling the Showcase win in Angela (sorry, don't know the last name). $40,000+ is not enough. I expected more than this. This episode was pretty much your average episode. I hope tomorrow (my grandmother's 80th birthday)'s episode is a lot better than this... :-(

Um...okay.  That certainly was...strange.

(For what it's worth, her last name is Fox.)

Frank15 wrote:

Or Ms. Lemongelli, who's first name I don't remember!

I think it was Shari.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »
It doesn't count for a contestant to say they know how to play Check Game unless Bob has them explain the rules correctly.

Speaking of Check Game, it irked me so much for Bob having discouraged Connie from finishing the cheque.

I don't know how Diane managed to miss the last digit in Pocket ¢hange.  Even then, I guess it really didn't affect the outcome.

Bob's exchange with Donald in Barker's Bargain Bar was hilarious, though he gives us drummers a bad name. :-P

Bullseye for a car...yeah, it's happened before, but not in the fourth slot if I'm correct.  Now, if only Bullseye had been the only car game in the second half...

Speaking of Bullseye, as haphazardly and confusingly as Diane played it, she was pretty fun.

Wow, Kristi managed to win all five prizes in Switcheroo.  That was pretty sweet.

Speaking of Switcheroo, they have got to get longer SP plugs at the very least.  The SP descriptions were way too quick.

And if I never said it before, I love CSS. :-D
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »
Um...okay. That certainly was...strange.

(For what it's worth, her last name is Fox.)

For a second, I thought it was Malone! (I feel so much better now.) No hard feelings--as I said, just your average episode. I'm putting this under my "Favorite Contestants" list (I already have two--one from Season 30 and the other from Season 32). Tomorrow's episode STILL needs to be better than this...perhaps a $50K+ Showcase win or more, I suggest? ;-)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 06:58:17 PM »
I'm putting this under my "Favorite Contestants" list (I already have two--one from Season 30 and the other from Season 32).

You must be missing one.  There was an awesome contestant in Season 31.  Around February 4th.
John

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 07:09:17 PM »
You must be missing one. There was an awesome contestant in Season 31. Around February 4th.

Let me guess: would that be you? I was going to think Rhiannon Remberton (11/26/03) at first. She won $61,181 in cash and prizes, but wrong season. I'm not sure. Just go ahead and tell me! I know it's not Leigha (Season 31 - 12/5/01--she won $36,664 in cash and prizes)!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 07:40:35 PM »
Show #6409

Showcase #1
Edible Arrangements Fruit Bouquets, which made its Price debut today - $608
Broyhill Urban Dining Group & Noritake Ardmore Platinum Dinnerware - $6,100
Chrysler Sebring GTC - $29,574

With the $35,282 price, Houston, we have a problem.  I think the producers meant $36,282.

Showcase #2
32 piece Stemware - $1,280
Whirlpool:
Electric Range - $949
Refrigerator - $999
Dishwasher - $519
Trip to Tahiti, and it's winter. - $9,537

Modeling Report for June 21, 2006
Score to beat: $73,532

[color=FF0000]Brandi Sherwood[/color], who is actually a substitute for Shane Stirling today.
Total - $74,872, and our substitute is on top!
[color=0000FF]Won - $60,979 (81.44%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $13,893 (18.56%)[/color]
Record - 5-2

I wonder what Shane was doing last Thursday (the day of this show's taping).  She was supposed to be in Studio 33 that day.

Lanisha Cole
Total - $41,066
[color=0000FF]Won - $37,319 (90.88%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $3,747 (9.12%)[/color]
Record - 7-2

Gabrielle Tuite
Total - $47,535
[color=0000FF]Won - $11,772 (24.76%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $35,763 (75.24%)[/color]
Record - 5-3

Joe wrote: ...and then, there were four (not 12, four).

You're counting shows, and I'm counting modeling totals.  Four shows and 12 modeling totals left.

All 25 prizes today totaled $146,962!

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 09:50:27 PM »
Pretty good show today.

With a surprisingly expensive trip to Mexico, Check Game was hard.

It was neat to see Bullseye being played for a car fourth, but Diane got lucky that she won. If you picked the cookies, as she did, it was a win.

It's nice that Switcheroo was won perfectly.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 10:37:43 PM »
Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #245, Angela! :-D

Check Game- Ouch. For Check Game, that was one evil price.

Switcheroo- Whoa! Talk about out of nowhere.

Showcase- So much for the streak of awesome bids. Angela didn't even cover the car! She got lucky since Diane got screwed big time. But hey, I'm not complaining... a hottie wins the Showcase for the second time this week! :-D

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Diane K.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- A pretty mediocre show... Grade: 2

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »
It's close to midnight and I'm finally getting around to posting my comments. Work and college kept me busy all afternoon and I'm wiped!

Here we go:

Check Game- Two words: FORCED LOSS. Apparently Roger didn't want this game won today.

Pocket Change- Too bad. I thought our contestant played it very well. Those dang money cards!

Barker's Bargain Bar- Hallelujuah, we have a winner!!! After the first two games being lost I thought things would be headed down hill.

Bullseye- I don't think she knew what she was doing, or thinking. Thankfully she was able to get a marker on the cookies since it had the Bullseye

Switcheroo- I was wondering if that game would come around this week. Sure enough it did. And a very nice win to boot. To me win you win a game like this, or other multiple prize games, you really shouldn't care about getting into the showcases since you basically just won one.

Most Expensive- I was too tired while watching it since I just played it on VHS tonight. So in my mind everything was expensive. Good way to end a good show.

Showcases- Yay! they put a car in a furniture showcase! That's not really done all that often and it's nice to see it.

Final Comments: I really didn't take any notice to hot chicks today, except for the beauties. ;) The show had some good high energy. Bob got a little laugh when one contestant thought they were gonna get decked when another contestant was gonna hug them. Also it really looked like when Roger was planning today's show he was in his office saying to himself "I think I'll give away about 4 fairly expensive cars on that episode." Sure enough he was able to at least give away 3 out of the 4. Of course since we gave away over $100,000 in prizes today that means we'll probably have a little budget crunching before the season finale.

Today's show gets an A+

Just out of curiosity, how many episodes this season gave away more than $100,000?
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2006, 12:04:46 AM »
catdogwheel wrote:  Switcheroo-...To me win you win a game like this, or other multiple prize games, you really shouldn't care about getting into the showcases since you basically just won one.

You're kidding.  Switcheroo is a car and four 2-digit prizes.  I guess Five Price Tags is like winning a showcase too?  Or any other small prize game?  Seriously... Switcheroo is no more a multi-prize game than any other small prize game.  Not counting Master Key.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2006, 12:53:52 AM »
Pathfinder2119 wrote: It's nice that Switcheroo was won perfectly.

For the second time in this thread, IT WASN'T! She took two tries to get it right.
catdogwheel wrote: Just out of curiosity, how many episodes this season gave away more than $100,000?

At least seven, so far, including today.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 01:06:09 AM »
Bullseye was played for a car before.  On September 25, 2001 Bullseye was the fifth game played for a Ford Mustang.  Bullseye was also the only game played for a car for the 2nd half of that show.

I want to see Joker played for a car.  Has that ever happened?