Author Topic: Le Juste Prix.  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
Le Juste Prix.
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »
Stumbled upon these 2 videos of Le Juste Prix, France's version of TPIR. I had never seen this before, but I find it very interresting. After seeing the pictures in the Gallery, it was nice to put sounds in there ...

Opening and CoD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42fmyoRlI8w
Showcase and End of Show : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdAaJ7D7GS4

A few notes ... The showcase round is a little different. First, it's called "La Vitrine" ("The Storefront"). Both contestants bid on the same showcase, and the top winner gets to pick a range that they must come within, and the closest wins. There is no mentions that they can't go over. However, the game ended in what looks like a double overbid. The actual retail price was 94,982F.

Also to note, that the Come On Down is a bit different. The host, I beleive, actually does the first four contestants, and a lady does the other come on downs. Also, I beleive another announcer was there for the showcase. I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, so if anyone has more info ... Oh, and another thing about the Come On Downs. When the contestants are called, they also mention the city where they are from. It's a very French thing, I find, for having seen other French game shows...

Finally, the little speech at the end was not a normal thing. This was the last show, and Philippe thanked the models, the producer, the director, the crew and the crowd, and said a final goodbye! I just find it funny that the actually gave the address for tickets before the showcase...

If any one needs translation of some sort, I'll be glad to provide.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:47:48 PM by Franc »

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Le Juste Prix.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:20:55 PM »
You posted the link to the ending twice...

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
Re: Le Juste Prix.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 10:48:10 PM »
You posted the link to the ending twice...

What do you know, I did! Sorry. I corrected it !