Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006  (Read 34589 times)

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41:34 AM »
That's a good idea, but someone needs to talk to The Dob about playing Joker for a car. He just might love the idea!

(Oh, and I'm still adding Angela to my "Favorite Contestants" list behind the other three from Seasons 29, 31, and 32, in case you're wondering. Who would've thought that the second Showcase was cheap?!)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »
Dexter Felipe Williams wrote:

That's a good idea, but someone needs to talk to The Dob about playing Joker for a car. He just might love the idea!

Or then again, he might not.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 11:29:42 AM »
Check: Finally, A HISTORICAL TPIR MOMENT(is it really?), somebody who knew how to play check game and their claim to do such WAS TRUE! Too damn bad she shot into the jet stream with that 6886 total. What is the highest total in Check?

Pocket Change: Awful low envelopes picked today. I've asked about the envelope distribution(since we can't see it at home!) and nobody ever seems to answer this one. We know there are 50 cent, 75, 2 bucks, etc., but what are the other amounts in this game? She played really well, but got that damn zero which was probably the end right there.

BBB: I would have thought that Bar was more and lost. Nice win

Bullseye: WHOA, GOTTA GO WITH THE CROWD. Has this game ever been played for a car? And if so, how long ago? That 25k car and Bullseye would be something I'd expect on a MDS, or season premiere, or maybe even an Xmas week show, but not on a run of the mill show. And to put the cookies in this one, almost reminded me of the Pappy setup on Season 34 premiere. Wow, does the Dob have too many cars double parked on Fairfax or what? :D. Almost lost, and would have been a real laught if it was.

Roo: Didn't we just play for a car 5 minutes ago? Wow, even though she didn't get an exacta 5 on the first try, the second try with a 5 works just as well! Very nicely done!

Most expensive: Easy enough. I guess we are trying to get rid of all this loot before the close of the season?

Showcases: Ouch! I knew something was up when the crowd got quiet with Diane's bid reveal. I was going with the notion that we had our(9th?) latest DSW of Season 34. It is a real shot in the heart when they lose by so little, but over is OVER. Rules are the rules. Oh well.

8.5 show today, if it wouldn't have been for such losses in PC and Check.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:04 AM »

br wrote:
Pocket Change: Awful low envelopes picked today. I've asked about the envelope distribution(since we can't see it at home!) and nobody ever seems to answer this one. We know there are 50 cent, 75, 2 bucks, etc., but what are the other amounts in this game? She played really well, but got that damn zero which was probably the end right there.

The distribution is in the Pocket Change entry in the FAQ.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »
br wrote:  Pocket Change:  She played really well, but got that damn zero which was probably the end right there.

Actually, if she did pick the zero, it would have just made for a much more painful loss.  Actually, that would've made for a more interesting loss, though .

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 12:06:14 PM »
I had thought she did. My bad if not, all these playing during s. 34 are starting to jumble my mind. Hey, only 3 more shows to go and I can catch the ones I missed this season(quite a few from the schedule I've seen)

EDIT: Hey, at least the Dob did what you people asked. Remember, when we had 2 exacta wins back in 2005 with this game? Everyone griped it was too easy, well, it has been made tougher.

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/21/2006 (Angela in IUFB on 6/22)
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 12:44:11 PM »
Post removed my MG.  

Dexter -- discussion about today's show belongs in the 6/22 recap thread, not in the 6/21 recap thread.  Please keep this in mind when making future posts.

MG

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
And somewhere, GoldenBulldog is crying.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
MSTieScott wrote:

Alright, I missed something.  What?

• In the Audience
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
MSTieScott wrote:

Is this because of the "El Cheapo" Showcase (Diane M. overbidding by nearly $200)? Just curious...

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 06:06:13 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
MSTieScott wrote:

Wasn't GoldenBulldog the one who loved seeing tricky setups that made the contestants lose? Or did I screw up the joke?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 10:36:18 PM »
My wife and I are playing catch-up with our TPIR viewing this week, and we just watched this episode. We both had the same reactions to these two happenings:

1. Diane in Bullseye. We both felt she didn't deserve to win, and won with blind luck.

2. Switcheroo deserved to be won because she thought about what she was doing, she was deliberate, and she had the good sense to know that ugly pitcher couldn't be anything but $22.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 11:38:45 PM »
MSTieScott wrote:
SteveGavazzi wrote:
MSTieScott wrote:

Wasn't GoldenBulldog the one who loved seeing tricky setups that made the contestants lose? Or did I screw up the joke?

The only things I remember about Bulldog are that he rigged his Play Along show and that he created a daily award for...well, this.  (The link goes to Frank's post, 'cause Bulldog edited the original.)