Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2006  (Read 25911 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 05:09:40 PM »
For those of you playing along, the trips in today's 1 Right Price were to D.C. and B.C.

Given recent playings, I'm not used to seeing Joe's Ten Chances recap have so many blank spaces!

Frank15 wrote:
Course, considering Roger only put $100 in the most-punched hole in Punch a Bunch, perhaps the show was a bit overbudget after all.  Who knows.

Then again, there was little chance of Dice Game being lost.  $15,434 had to be the most Dice Game-friendly price used in years!

And Ten Chances was easier than usual, too. No one would guess $12,000 or $13,000 for the car.

jaydlewis wrote:
However, no one noticed that the 'BANK OF PRICE' art card in the showcase podium used a Eurose/Eurostile font face. I bet that next year, we see all showcase cards leave Swiss to become Eurose/Eurostile.

I think TPIR BANK is going to be the exception, font-wise. Every so often, the graphics department gets their Eurostiles and Helveticas mixed up (every time they feature a GUITAR in Swap Meet/Buy or Sell, I notice that it's in Eurostile while past and future labels use Helvetica... hmm... maybe I shouldn't have admitted to this incredibly nerdy observation).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Trebekistan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »
There is one question that needs to be asked...

Who was that guy in the suit behind Contestant's Row?

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »
Okay show today. I had trouble choosing the home gym or the dining group for Most Expensive, but I remember the dining groups lately being cheaper than they seem, so I chose the home gym.

Marilyn played Ten Chances wonderfully! Finally a good contestant. I liked how she was so confident about winning too, and it could have been another price.

I felt bad for Wendy. Only $100, and the straightener seemed cheaper than $50. Oh well.

There was no way Vancouver was the One Right Price today. Fairly easy win today.

Dice Game was easy. Eva went with the odds on the 2 and that was the only thing she needed to worry about. since we knew she had everything else right.

It was weird to see the gold bond cream not end in .99, so I would have said THEN. Good thing Misa didn't fall for the trick.

The tragic double overbid. I said $21,000 for Misa's showcase. Off by $246. I like the First Bank of Price showcase. I remember seeing it when they aired one of the episodes with the New Orleans trip offered.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 06:29:28 PM »
Most Expensive-I didn't get to see this one, but good job!

Ten Chances-Wow, we got ourselves a player here!  Perfect; can't get much better than that.

Punch-a-Bunch-Darn, tough luck; even the small prizes were hard.

One Right Price-This one was pretty easy.

Dice Game-Perfect playing!  Man, I wish I would've been there to win that yellow car!

Now or Then-Representing Alabama, yeah!  Selma's not too far from here.  Although, too bad that she lost.  Cat Chow looked cheap for now.  I was kind of questioning the 2-then thing myself.

Showcases-Too bad we had a Double Overbid.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »
Show #6392

Showcase #1
Hawaiian Shirts - $1,078
Alaskan Cruise - $4,134
PT Cruiser - $16,035

Showcase #2
Feel Golf Clubs - $1,814
Heys XCase Carryons - $300
Sohmer Baby Grand Piano - $13,990

Modeling Report for May 29, 2006, in which episode #3641K didn't exist then
Rachel Reynolds
Total - $60,608
[color=0000FF]Won - $27,647 (45.62%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $32,961 (54.38%)[/color]
Record - 7-5

Lanisha Cole
Total - $12,819
[color=0000FF]Won - $5,785 (45.13%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $7,034 (54.87%)[/color]
Record - 5-2

Gabrielle Tuite
Total - $34,934
[color=0000FF]Won - $20,878 (59.76%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $14,056 (40.24%)[/color]
Record - 7-2

...and then, there were two showcases and three modeling totals.

That's 27 prizes totaling $106,871!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »
Jordan7 wrote:

It was weird to see the gold bond cream not end in .99, so I would have said THEN. Good thing Misa didn't fall for the trick.

I don't really see how it matters, considering she lost...

(And it was Rena who played Now....or Then, not Misa.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 10:18:42 PM »
Pretty good show today.

Ten Chances was played incredibly well. It was nice to see it be won in only four chances, for a change.

The price used in Dice Game was really generous and made for an easy win, no matter what was rolled.

I knew Misa lost when she guessed then for the cat food, because of the 4 now/2 then rule.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 10:28:10 PM »
Oliver was a pretty enjoyable contestant.  Didn't quite get those hand motions he kept making, though. ;-)

Ah, nice to see a Ten Chances playing end before the fifth chance for a change.  Marilyn was fun too, especially with her confidence to hand the marker back to Bob.

I still don't understand why audiences cheer so much for contestants who punch out corners.  When was the last time something over $500 was in a corner hole anyay?  Do they really think the Dob's so stupid he wouldn't catch on that the corners are likely-to-be-punched holes?  The show has a budget to maintain.

Somebody remind me to ask Roger why there must always be four NOWs and two THENs in Now....or Then.  You know, if he changed it, he'd be making the game tougher for us loyals, and we all know how much he loves that. :-)

Speaking of Now....or Then, there was a Gold Bond cream in the game when a supply of Gold Bond powder had alredy been given away along side a One Bid earlier in the show.  I know there have been occasions where the same manufacturer of a prize has had multiple prizes in the same episode, but has it ever happened with a grocery product?

Interesting, of the three times the First Bank of Price Showcase was done this year, two of them were in episodes that aired out of order.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »
So...All this time, I've been listing Swiss and Impact in the TPiR Font Archive and it's actually all Helvetica variants?

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Jordan7 wrote:

I don't really see how it matters, considering she lost...

(And it was Rena who played Now....or Then, not Misa.)

Oops! Sorry.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »
Most Expensive: I knew this time it wouldn't be the grill. The home gym looks like a good one; so does the dining group. I think I'll go for the gym...

Ten Chances: No bull, seriously. I actually thought of 18,320 for the car. I can loosly undertand going a little high for a new car, just not that much for a Focus. It just makes me want to think if I have a win like that in my collection.

Punch-A-Bunch: ...At least somebody won the ten this season...

1 Right Price: I was thinking about distance...Why didn't I think about that when I put the Right Price on Vancuver?

Dice Game: Usually I have my red dice and play along with the game. I didn't do it this time and that was all I could think about. Afterwards, it was one of those instances where the only thing that can cause a painful loss after those good rolls would be if a 1 appeared. It didn't.

One Bid 6: That infamous 420 and the subsequent 1 made me assume in advance that Alvin's gonna be thinking about those bids at the House. Tessa was somewhat better, but not good enough. This day I wonder what's harsh: Hell's Kitchen or the FFBC Kitchen.

now... or then: I missed the Gold Bond Cream. The other products were a little tricky, but I handled them.

Ah, a nice way to end this one with a Double Banishment and a Double Overbid. I can do some computer work now.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »
Most Expensive: I had trouble figuring out between the dinette and home gym.

10 Chances: YES! I loved Marylin, for she knew exactly how to play it.

ORP: I knew $3759 went to DC.

Dice Game: I loved Eva.  I would have trouble withe the last # as well.

Showcases: I knew it was a DO once both bids were locked in.

Overall: Despite a DO, this show was fun to watch.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »
jaydlewis wrote:
So...All this time, I've been listing Swiss and Impact in the TPiR Font Archive and it's actually all Helvetica variants?

Technically, yes. Of course, Swiss and Helvetica look exactly alike, so who'll notice?

Nick wrote:
there was a Gold Bond cream in the game when a supply of Gold Bond powder had alredy been given away along side a One Bid earlier in the show.  I know there have been occasions where the same manufacturer of a prize has had multiple prizes in the same episode, but has it ever happened with a grocery product?

Yep... it's happened with the Gold Bond a couple of times this season. I remember Bayer doing the same thing a season or two ago, as well.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.