Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/22/2006  (Read 26023 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/22/2006
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »
Production #3674K - Taped June 19, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Jessica Howard

1  Coleman Camping Equipment (R)
NOLA *550   STEPHEN 450   DEE 1000   JOSEPH 900   ($809)

Nola from the Okanogan of BC plays COVER UP for a Ford Focus SE Wagon (Std., AT,
Prot.)(G)

Setup   4     1st Try   [1][8][7] 4  2
       0 8     2nd Try   [1][8][7] 1 [4]
     1 9 7     3rd Try   [1][8][7][9][4]   WIN!
   5 7 4 2
 1 8 0 7 9
3 4 8 1 6
$2 6 9 3 5

2  Palecek Tribeca Lounge Chair+Ottoman/Capzasin P (L)
HILDA (OS) 2200   +Stephen 600   +Dee 800   +Joseph *801   ($1582)

Joseph, a laid-back Beach Bum, plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Performance Nacra 450
Catamaran (G&R)($9425)

(Pro Pots) Football Slow Cooker  $17  $12   5 to 5
Batter Dispenser                  23   36   13 to 18
Thermal Drink Bottle              47   40   7 to 25   WIN!

Check out that river down there. Spectacular, eh?

3  The World Book Encyclopedia (G&L)
Hilda 1200   +Stephen 455   +Dee 1   RUMMEL *550   ($989)

Rummel plays STEP UP

(2) American Tourister Ilite 5 pc Luggage Set  $ 880
(4) Fitnexx V70 Exercise Bike                   1499   +$500
(3) Chromcraft Cherry Dining Group              1189   LOSS

(1) Farberware Millenium Cookware               Not Revealed

...and on the back of his shirt was printed "Dinette Set." He really wanted
that one.

SHOWDOWN #1
$   989   Rummel   75 stay   .75
  3,868   Joseph   35 + 20   .55
 19,601   Nola     65 + 20   .85   Through to Showcase Round

4  (LG) 23" LCD TV/DVD Combo (R)
Hilda 1199   +Stephen 950   +Dee *1201   ANA 1200   ($1899)
STUPID BID

Dee from Alabama plays PICK A PAIR for a Westley Allen Straightline Queen Size
Bed and a Strobel Supplepedic 6000 Sleep Set (L)($4450)

(3) (Dole) Pineapple Slices (15 oz)           $1.79
(1) Clorox Bleach (1 gal)                      1.79   WIN!

(2) Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)
(4) (Energizer) Hearing Aid Batteries (6 pk)
(5) (Theragesic) Cream (3 oz)
(6) (Tressemme) Hairspray

5  Echo Chainsaw+Blower/Gold Bond Foot Powder (G)
Hilda 989   +Stephen *501   LUCILLE 400   Ana 500   ($508)

Stephen, the last of the "First Four", plays CARD GAME for a Chevy Colorado
(Std., Tint, Rug, AT, Mouldings, Stereo)(L)

Margin: $1000

Starting Bid:  $12000
1.   9s   900   12900
2.  10h  1000   13900
3.   Kd  1000   14900
4.   8c   800   15700
5.   2d   200   15900
6.   9c   900  >16800<
        PRICE   19735
        DIFF    -2935  LOSS

6  Franklin Chef 100-bottle Wine Cellar (R)
Hilda 1152   HEATHE 650   Lucille 1150   Ana 1151   ($1199)

Hilda heads up the "Southpaw Steps" to play PUSHOVER for a trip to Beijing
(6n)(G)

Setup:   5 7 4 9 0 5 3 2 5
Pick:    5[7 4 9 0]
Price:   $7490   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2
$  548   Stephen   60 + 95    OV
 6,349   Dee       10 +100    OV
 8,649   Hilda     15        .15   Through to Showcase Round by Default

Hilda: Puny Spin; Bob-aided thereafter

SHOWCASE ROUND
Nola has the honor.

SC1-Hilda      PRICILLA PICKY, FOOD CRITIC (R)
BID   $24,000   Yamaha VStar 650 Motorcycle
PRICE    27,348   Beachcomber Hot Tub
DIFF    -3,348   Chevy Malibu LS (Std., AirBag)(L)
TOTAL      

SC2-Nola      Ashley Lambert Living Room Group
BID   $13,995   Carpet One Carpeting
PRICE    16,686   Electrolux Trilobite Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (L)
DIFF    -2,691   Max 4 600T ATV (R)
TOTAL   $36,289

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $56,692

...and then, there were three.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/22/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »
Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #246, Dee! :-D

Cliff Hangers- Yet another win where Hans is on 25! Cliff Hangers has a knack for thrilling finishes!

Card Game- Such a shame. That was pretty much a loss from the moment Stephen picked the $1,000 card. I wanted him to win, too.

Showcase- Ouch. I really wanted Hilda to win. That was one close decision.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- It's going to be a rare tie... Stephen and Hilda share the award today.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Nice show today. Lots of fun to go around... Grade: 3

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »
Step Up really had me fooled.  I thought for sure the dinette was the most expensive prize up there, and I still wonder where the cookware goes.

ANOTHER contestant coming up on stage?  :roll:

That was a surprizingly cheap Colorado played for in Card Game... I would have gone over with the $1000 card.

Not sure if this has happened before, but Hilda and the Push Over blocks now have something in common!  :lol:

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 02:20:26 PM »
Cover Up-Nicely played.

Cliff Hangers-He said he was not very good at the game, but he won with Hans stopping at 25.

Step Up-I knew he would not win it all when he didn't pick the cookware first.  That is one cheap dinette!

Pick-a-Pair-Easy enough.

Card Game-I knew he lost because he stopped way too early.  With the new ranges, the cars are going to be upper $10,000s to lower $20,000s.

Push Over-Yay!  Hilda escapes and she's on her way to China.

Showcases-Poor Hilda.  It was nice of Nola to pass a car showcase.

Overall- A great show today.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »
Good show, with some good contestants.

Nola was just great. I was so happy she won. She played the game well.

For someone who said he didn't play his favorite game well, he sure made it exciting. That flask didn't even look more than $30 when Rich described it, and $17 for the slow cooker sounded right too.

I too thought that the dinette would be the most expensive. That was a very difficult playing. All of the prices were within $300 of eachother. I can't blame him for going with the dinette next, because that cookware looked cheaper than $1189.

Pick A Pair was simple, but I don't know why Dee took so long.

Stephen was great too. Loved his enthusiasm, and I wanted him to win. My guess was around $19,800 for the car.

Hilda was great as well. She was itching so bad to get out of the row, and I loved when she was ready at the bottom of the stairs waiting to see if she had won. She almost pushed that zero down to china though while she was pushing the blocks. I was happy she won.

It was nice of Nola to pass the car showcase to Hilda, but I'm sad Hilda didn't win. Close ending too.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »
Cover Up: The 2007 Focus Wagon already? Well, today's playing was very easy, but Nola almost lost because she was about to say $18,719, but changed her mind. I would have won in two tries- first with $18,714, then $18,794.

Cliff Hangers: He didn't play the game that well, even though he loved it, but he still pulled out a great win!

Step Up: This was hard. Nobody would have thought all four prizes were so cheap, nor would anyone think a dinette set is only about $1,000. That's a shame, because the player wanted a dinette set so bad.

Pick-a-Pair: Back to its winning ways.

Card Game: It was made a little easier today, but Stephen didn't get such a high range card. That's too bad- he was a very enthusiastic guy. I would have loved to have seen him win the truck.

Pushover: There were two possiblities for China- $7,490 and $9,053. I'm very glad Hilda won. Too bad the other old lady didn't get up stage.

Showcases: I'm glad Nola was a little generous to Hilda passing the first showcase. I thought Hilda had won, and Nola missed it by a lot. Darn. Well, the reveals was kinda rushed, so we probably wouldn't have seen a lot of Hilda's celebration anyway.

Overall: Not as good as yesterday's, but still very good.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 02:54:52 PM »
What is it with Contestant #5 and coming up on stage?

You know, this lineup would've made sense if you flipped it upside-down, too.

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »
Did anyone notice that the TV on one of the IUFBs today showed Angela winning $40,853 in cash and prizes?

I did a lot of head turning today (I do this when the winning contestant exits Contestants' Row) in fear of Magic # (just like my younger days) while I was surfing the Internet (I have the TV and the computer on at the same time, you know), and here's my best:

Cliff Hangers: What a crazy game! I thought for sure that Hans was going to scream, but that's in the Netherlands, British, and Australian versions. Going up to 25 and stopping there is a rare oddity in the history of TPiR (there was one that fell off and was declared a win back in the '80s).

Cover Up: There was a story of me watching this on 01/24/03 (yes, it's one of my favorite contestants) with Melissa (I'm not sure how to pronounce the last name), but if she could do it, so could Nola! Great job! ;-)

Pick-A-Pair: Hmmm...didn't pay attention to this much.

Push Over: Two words: Crazy Hilda. At least Angela didn't act like this when she won Most Expensive yesterday...that's all I have to say right there. A trip to China sounds oriental and fun, don't you think? ;-)

Card Game: One word: Ouch. I was rooting for Stephen all throughout the show, hoping he'd beat Angela's record, but the loss proved it was never meant to be. $20,000+ for a truck? Nah, I think I'll pass. Nice try, though.

Step Up: Another BAD case of the El Cheapo with the dinette set! Man, I thought he was going to win!

Showcase Showdown: Wacky 2nd quarter. Crazy Hilda got in the Showcase automatically! :-P Dumb luck indeed. But one has to wonder: what were those contestants thinking when they went over? Were they afraid of Hilda? God, I hope not...

Showcase: It's nice to see that Nola didn't want that Impala. It looked as if Hilda's craziness was put to a halt. Nola won, but unfortunately, the score to beat is STILL $40,853. 8-)

MY SCORE: 7 (Better, but not great) Nola came $4,564 short of breaking Angela's record (Nola also came $24,892 short of beating Rhiannon from Season 31's score). So close! Will tomorrow be the day we see Angela's record get broken? We'll just have to wait and see... -DFW ;-)

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 03:37:52 PM »
Fun show, meh lineup.  Lots of fun contestants, and lots of good Bob... pretty good week we've been having, really.  Good way to end the season!  The Cover Up and Card Game car game combination isn't any fun, though.

Well, Hilda was odd, and a lot of fun!  Don't ever remember seeing a contestant get ready to race up the stairs to get up on stage before winning an item up for bids!  Her wanting to win five cars?  Unless she got to play Triple Play on a day with a 2-car showcase, that ain't too likely.  Even then, it ain' t too likely.

Stephen may not have played Card Game particularly well, but then, who does?  There have been plenty worse, anyway.  He was still a lot of fun with a lot of excitment.

Joseph was entertaining as well.  Funny that he'd suck at his favorite game, though he actually played pretty well today, even with his strategic bid of $47 on the last prize.  Though I guess $44 would've probably been better.  Either way, made for an exciting Cliff Hangers:  heck, even I didn't know if that last prize might've been $39....

And Nola... well, she gave Hilda a chance to win a car.  Had to like Nola for that.  She was a good enough contestant earlier, as well.

Gotta' love Bob's comments about the overly-long standing ovation.  Then his realization that the audience would give anything a standing ovation !

I was disappointed that neither Master Key nor Spelling Bee was played today.  Guess that means we're not ending the season with a week of all five small prize car games played after all.  Darn.

I wonder what the $19,279 on Joseph's shirt meant.

Push Over for a trip to China... I guess during the commercial break, Bob probably asked Hilda to get back all the Push Over blocks that have fallen down there over the years .

I feel a little bad for Ana.  One of those rare contestant #7s to get beat by a 1-upper three times.  Then again, she'd have probably been less interesting than Stephen and Hilda, anyway.

I guess that restaurant in the first showcase isn't going to get a very good review from the critic....

One of these days, I'm worried that Step Up is going to get retired for someone suing the show, claiming that Bob never explicitely stated that they would lose everything if they went on and were wrong.  On the other hand, my Mom, who was watching with me today, and has no recollection of having seen the game before, seemed to be perfectly aware that he was going to lose what he already won if he was wrong, so for a viewer who doesn't watch very often to pick up on that, it's pretty common sense I guess, but still, I worry that someone may take advantage of that one of these days.  I mean, it happened to Super Saver.

Dexter wrote:  Melissa (I'm not sure how to pronounce the last name)

Please stop that.  We really don't care what her last name was.

Dexter wrote:  It's nice to see that Nola didn't want that Impala.

She didn't say she didn't want it.  She just said she would give Hilda a chance to win it.  Big difference.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »
Cover Up-I had a hunch the car was $18,794.  

Cliffhangers: Wow, he didn't play it well, but that was surely exciting.

Step Up: Wow! I thought the dinette was more the the exerciser bike.

Pick a Pair: I figured that the bleached is paired up with the pineapple.

Card Game: I would have stopped at $19,000.  $16,800 isn't even close.  Stephen surprisingly played it well, considering how we've seen players stop too soon.

Push Over: Hilda was a great contestant, and I figured she won as soon as she stopped at $7490.

Showcases: Man, I wanted Hilda to win so badly. I would have loved seeing her go crazy.

Overall: another fun show due to Hilda and Bob in a great mood.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 04:04:20 PM »
Dexter wrote:  It's nice to see that Nola didn't want that Impala.

It wasn't even an Impala in the first place, it was a Chevy Malibu.

Offline Dexter Felipe Williams

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
I wonder what the $19,279 on Joseph's shirt meant.

I'm guessing he wanted to play That's Too Much (the name of the game is what was on the back of his shirt) for a car. He might have been referring to the possible price of a car if he were to be playing.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »
Dexter Felipe Williams wrote: Did anyone notice that the TV (in) one of the (One-Bid)s today showed Angela winning $40,853 in cash and prizes?

Nothing earth-shattering there. It's normal for them to show a clip from the previous day's show on the TVs they trot out. BTW: The image was "zoomed in", which is far more preferable than "stretched" by a mile. (Gray bars for me, thank you.)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
Pretty good show today. Solid all around IMO.

Cover Up: Nicely played. That 4th number was a 50-50 shot either the 9 or the 7 because the 0 would look very odd as the 4th number and very very little chance that the price would end with a "double 4.

Cliff Hangers: Always good to see Cliffy. Nice heartstopping win there on step 25.

Step Up: Difficult, if not downright impossible for myself. That dinette really threw me for a loop.

Pick a Pair: Pappy ends its losing streak!!!!

Card Game: Ugh. I thought that Colorado was at least 21k.

Pushover: Good win, great to see a nice lady like Hilda win.

Showcases: Nola cleans up!!! That was close, I thought Hilda might win.

Well another good show today, let's hope this keeps up for the remainder of the season.

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:15:03 PM »
Today's show was a blast from beginning to end.

Starting with the standing ovation through the first bidding round. Then when the Ford Focus is reavealed for Nola, Bob realizes, they are standing for anything. Classic

Joe playing for the catamaran had me on the edge of my seat. He made that suspenseful stopping on the last number like that. I thought for sure the Mountain Climber was going over. I was wrong. And it was his favorite game to boot.

Step Up: Oh Rummel, I feel bad you didn't get your dinette set you so desparately wanted. What a shame

Coming to Pick A Pair. I hope somebody TIVO'd this episode. In contestants'row, I never once heard the bid 1201 escape Dee's lips. Instead, I heard Bob suggest it and then she said yeah. Maybe, I'm wrong. But I don't have anything to review it with today. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? Anyways, Easy win for the bedroom set on Pick-A-Pair.

No comment on the Card Game. I had to leave the room for a few minutes.

Finally after her sob story, Hilda gets on stage and wins the Beijing trip.

Now all that being said, I have to question motives. It's the cynic in me. Did Nola pass up her showcase to be generous? Or was she trying to figure out how much more in taxes she'd have to pay for another car? Then pass it to Hilda?

Okay, I'm done. 8-)