Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007  (Read 42872 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007
« on: November 16, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »
The Price is Right  Nov. 16, 2007
Production #4151K - Taped Oct. 24, 2007

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Attitudes

1   (Panasonic) 42" Plasma TV (B&L)
YVONNE 1059 JOSHUA 1200   LAURA *1500 GAY 1199 ($1598)

Laura from Torrence, CA tries to complete Drew's "first" TRIPLE PLAY

Chevy Cobalt LS (Std.)(R)($15,515)
$14,310$16,014
YES
Pomtiac Vibe (Std., AODrive, 4 Cyl.)(L)($18,195)
$17,860$18,150$19,261
YES
Ford Escape Hybrid (Std.)(B)($25,930)
$21,962$22,444$23,110$24,921
NOLOSS

I duly note that this is the first ON-AIR appearance of TP this season. However, as episodes are airing out of natural order it is not the first actual Carey Era playing.

2   5 Berlitz Self Study Language Courses (L&R)
+Yvonne *750 +Joshua 1 NANETTE 650 +Gay 900 ($869)

Yvonne, who just stands there vibrating after she gets up on stage, plays CLIFF HANGERS for a carolinachair.com Crawford Living Room Group (B) and a Family Game Collection (R)($4870)

Fondue Set$29$1910 to 10
Hamburger Phone25305 to 15
2-Speed Blender40499 to 24WIN!

3   "The Dink" 8' Row/Sailboat (B)
TRISTAN 1600 +Joshua 1200   Nanette 1800 +Gay *1801 ($1995)

Gay from Mississippi plays CHECK GAME for a trip to New Orleans (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Harrah's)(L)

Check:$2500
Price:  3000
Total:$5500

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,598Laura35 + 651.00*$1000*   Bonus 75   Through to Showcase Round
5,739Yvonne55 + 55OV
7,495Gay95 + 10OV

4   Elle Multicolor Gemstone Necklace (R-in the Row)
Tristan 450 +Joshua 1000 Nanette 1001 ROBERT *800 ($900)

Robert plays 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1 for a Wood's 21.7 cu ft Chest Freezer (L) and a Yamaha Raptor 80 ATV (B)($3178)

SetupFreePicks
9 7 99    99
$ $ $$ 7 $5 7 9
5 1 25 1 21 2WIN!

5   Largo Pina Colada Dining Group (L)
Tristan *7 +Joshua 1100 Nanette 1200 AYLIN 1225 ($899)

Tristan, a car buyer, successfully completes the "Smeghead Gambit" to play MONEY GAME for a Dodge Ram ST (Std., Equip.)(B&R)

2121-13699-4
2211-bk22-255
9923-344-588
$186$23 9 ––   LOSS

Well, Tristan sure made the rest look a bit off, didn't he? Joshua is stinging after that lowball held up. He's now in a tough spot, for failure to escape means a date with Mimi in the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Is he up to the challenge or down for the count?

6   Pathfinder 4 pc Luggage Set (B)
ALYSSA *650 +Joshua 599 Nanette 450 Aylin 451 ($970)

Joshua heads off to the clubhouse while Alyssa from San Bernadino, CA plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Vermont Castings Signature Gas Grill (R)$1399
Howard Miller Seneca Falls Wine Cabinet (L)PICK2030LOSS
(Dell) Desktop Computer (B)2507

SHOWDOWN #2
$970Alyssa65 + 95OV
1,085Tristan70 stay.70
4,078Robert95 stay.95Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Robert has the honor.

SC1-Laura THE PRICELEONES (All; B as their leader)
2 (Infinity) Surfoards
Ted Brewer Vino 2 Violin
$3000 (B)
Dodge Caravan SE (Std., AT, V6, Bench)(L&R)
BID$26,000
PRICE28,675
DIFF–2,675
TOTAL$  2,598
SC2-Robert Ligna Antigua Bedroom Group
Strobel Supplepedic 6000 Sleep Set
Safenet Security System (2 yrs Monitoring)(R)
Trip to Shanghai (6n @ Radisson)(L)
BID$16,500
PRICE16,644
DIFF–144
TOTAL$49,397  ♦♦♦ DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER ♦♦♦ (2nd this season)  

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $67,284

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 03:31:21 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
TRIPLE PLAY: Wow. Was not expecting Triple Play. Ouch.

CLIFFY: A very close and suspenseful win. I got scared when yodel man got close to the end...I loved Drew's "you're going to be up on YouTube" comment...

CHECKY: When was the last time we saw an even $3000 as a price?

2 FOR 1: easy.

MONEY: Ow.

MOST EXPENSIVE: I think the Dob was being semi-evil on that one.  That was one expensive Dell computer.

SCs: Another DSW!  My bids: 27900/15000 (diffs 775/1644).  Good CSS day for me. 

OVERALL: 4/5.  If only Triple Play would have been won...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »
Poor Yvonne.  I don't really know why she's poor Yvonne, since she won stuff... I guess its just how her nerves really showed.  And she didn't win a car, but that might be good for her health, there .  She actually played pretty well, and surprisingly fast anyway, considering that, so I can't complain!

Today was one of the hardest Triple Play setups I've ever seen.  Today was a rare playing where a contestant could have reasonably lost on the first car, and the second car was tough, too.  But especially with the third car:  $23,110 just screamed "pick me!" but it was the wrong price.

Speaking of Triple Play, I love the "new" camera shot of Drew and the contestant for the car reveals!  Or I love the Most Expensive for trips camera shot, I should say!  Seriously, I was expecting Most Expensive for three trips for the first game!

As hard as Triple Play was, though, Most Expensive--no trips--was even harder.  It looked like a tossup between the barbecue and the wine cabinet.  Was there any chance that anyone would've actually taken the computer?

The camera shot of Laura getting 65¢ on the wheel--what she needed for $1.00--has to have been the absolute worst camera work so far this season!  Absolutely atrocious!  Instead of keeping the camera on the wheel, to see if it would stay on 65¢, or move on to 10¢, Bart prematurely shot Laura!  Not Laura and the wheel, but just Laura!  How could... how... URGH!  That should have been a suspensful moment--to see if it would stop at 65¢, or move onto the dime--I really thought it was going to go to the dime--but Bart just had to kill the tension there.

On a less frustrating, but still a little frustrating note, did anyone notice that someone in the audience booed Laura's first spin while it was still spinning?  Can't the person at least wait to see if the wheel possibly makes it all the way around first?  Guess I'm happy that at least it wasn't the whole audience joining in this time.

I wonder why Robert passed the first showcase to Laura.  I mean, it obviously worked out for him in the end, but considering he seemed to want the car... just being nice, I guess.

Has the show ever offered Ligna furniture on the show before?  Wonder if the price is closer to Ashley or Aico?  whinny, you know the price of everything, right?  Guess I'll have to wait and see.

And you know, Maria Priceleone, you may not strike unintended fear if you didn't speak in stereotypical gangster expressions .

Considering how quickly and deliberately Gay was playing Check Game, I was surprised she didn't trying writing the amount in words.  Dunno' if she'd have been allowed to, but I was kinda' surprised she didn't try to do so, anyway.

Laura, Alyssa, and Aylin all looked nice.

I found today's playing of Two for the Price of One easy solely because Rich now announces the total in the game.  I'd have lost today's playing had there been no total announced.

I kinda' wish we had Bob hosting Money Game today.  But really just to see whether he would have referred to 11 as El Cheapo.

No Hole in One on Monday's show... no Let 'em Roll on today's show... the lack of GPs must just be killing Roger inside .

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:53:34 PM »
Triple Play: First time I saw Drew do this game. Tough break on that last car. That was a tough choice for me, too.

Cliffhangers: Yyvone stood stiff most of the time. That was a great win.

Check Game: I was iffy on $2,500, but she pulled it off and won.

2 for the Price of 1: I thought the freezer was at least $900. Guess I would've been wrong. He won and that's good.

Money Game: I was thinking 11 as the last two digits.

Most Expensive: Tough choice. I didn't expect the computer being higher than the wine cabinet. Of course it included the printer and other stuff.

Glad Robert won both showcases.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »
The camera shot of Laura getting 65¢ on the wheel--what she needed for $1.00--has to have been the absolute worst camera work so far this season!  Absolutely atrocious! ...

Agreed.  Just goes to show even in this era, we still have Bart's lousy directing.

Onward:

TP: I would have went with $24K seeing how this is a hybrid.

Cliffy: Very Exciting to see Yyvone win with only 2 steps to spare.

Most Expensive: Computer as the Costliest?! I would've been suckered into the believe.

SC1: I would have bid the same thing as Laura's bid.

SC2: I thought he was under by $4000.  Turned out to be another DSW for this season.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:36:24 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »
I liked how they did the Super Ball!!/Most Expensive for 3 Trips shot for Triple Play today.  It made me think either ME was coming up with three trips to offer, but I was amazed that Triple Play was played.  It makes the game less predictable than how they used to do the shot with Bob and the contestant and the adjusted turntable for the game.

It's a shame that Laura lost, I guess she underestimated the price of a hybrid vehicle.

Yvonne was hilarious when she was shaking as she came on stage.  Drew made the moment even funnier when he shook along with her and mentioned that she may be on YouTube in the near future.  Yvonne managed to pull off an exciting win in Cliff Hangers-by just having "The Yodel Man" stop at step #24.

BTW-that was an interesting second SP, a hamburger shaped telephone and it came with a very interesting plug from Rich.

We almost had another "Timothy's Dot" incident in Check Game today, as Gay almost wrote on the eggcrate display.  It's great that she won to break even for the loss that was broadcast earlier this season. 

Have we ever had a $7 bid in CR before?  It's a shame that Tristan got shot down by the lowest amount on the board, I sure was not expecting 11 to be the last two numbers.  I guess numbers in the teens that are the back half of the vehicle offered could be considered "La Cheapa", as Bob referred to it once some years ago.

That was a very interesting-looking violin in the showcase today and we have our second (aired) DSW for the season!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:35:38 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
About Triple Play. First I was surpised it was played. Second, Laura didn't seem that enthused about potentially winning three cars. But the greatest susrpise of them all? Drew trying to build up suspense to the conclusion of the game.  WOW! Good stuff.  :lol:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
The YouTube comment was pretty funny. I'd be willing to bet he's right, too.

HOTTIES: #43, Laura; #44, Nanette; #45, Aylin; #46, Alyssa :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Robert
SHOW GRADE: 3

Laura, Alyssa, and Aylin all looked nice.
Write this down, folks... you will rarely ever see me and Frank agree on three hotties. :lol:

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »
You know, as frustrating as these out-of-order broadcasts are making it to keep track of things, they do serve as a reminder that Drew does improve the farther we get into the taping season.  He wasn't perfect today -- he kinda stumbled through Check Game, his segue into Money Game was practically non-existant, and he really needs to find a few more ways to throw to commercial -- but overall, he was much smoother than what we've been seeing most of the week.  His performance in Triple Play especially was top-notch, and, as seems to be the case on most of these episodes taped after the fifth week, he did a much better job of explaining the Showcase.

Roger really didn't seem to want Triple Play won today -- a lot of the prices were really close together.  I'm surprised Laura got as far as she did.  Heck, I'm surprised she got past the first car -- I'm not sure I would have.

Yvonne was an awesome contestant...I don't think I've ever seen someone as shaky as she was for as long as she was.  Drew played off of her beautifully, too, pretending he was getting a jolt of electricity every time he touched her.

I think I can safely say this is the first time I've seen someone get genuinely excited over the chance to win a freezer chest. :oldlol:

The first showcase theme was alright, but it would have worked better if they'd had Rich do it with an Italian accent.  (Heck, maybe even as the Italian vampire! :))

And yay!   A DSW!

Speaking of Triple Play, I love the "new" camera shot of Drew and the contestant for the car reveals!  Or I love the Most Expensive for trips camera shot, I should say!  Seriously, I was expecting Most Expensive for three trips for the first game!

I knew Triple Play was coming from the angle of the Turntable, but I was half expecting the cars to be revealed like in Super Ball!!.

I liked how they did the Super Ball!!/Most Expensive for 3 Trips shot for Triple Play today.  It made me think either ME was coming up with three trips to offer, but I was amazed that Triple Play was played.  It makes the game less predictable than how they used to do the shot with Bob and the contestant and the adjusted turntable for the game.

Actually, the Turntable was moved just like it always has been for Triple Play.  It's just a little less noticeable because we're not really used to the new set yet.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 05:59:01 PM »
Put me down as really liking the new Triple Play camera angle/old Superball!! camera angle, too. It's a little more classy than that blue wall/potted plant combination they used to use when they shot it the other way. It definitely wasn't intended to be won, though. I mean, look at the Vibe: less than a $15 difference between the fake price and the real price and less than a $300 between the right fake price and the previous fake price. That's not as bad in Triple Play as it would be in TTM!, but then there was only a $1000 jump to the next one. She was lucky to get to the third car, where oddly enough, she had a fighting chance, although either of the top two would be reasonable guesses. Budget reality is rearing its ugly head.

Two For One was pretty easy, though, given that you chose the middle digit free. Freezer chests aren't very expensive.

I can't believe Drew didn't comment much on the cheeseburger phone, but after a plug like that, what more can you say?

I enjoyed Lanisha being the arbiter of the contestants' fates today. It would've been fun if Drew had let her read the showcase results.

Did I hear Drew say "Blood on contestant's row!" today? That's awesome!

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
Drew was great today!!!

His suspense build up in Triple Play is EXACTLY what he needs to do more often!  Than, when he thought he had "psychic" powers by making "Yodel Man" Cliffhangers stop on command.............PRICELESS!!!

A double showcase win!!!!!! And an audience that cared!!!!  AWESOME!!!

Joe

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »
TP:  Triple Play?!  Whoa, where did that come from?!  I didn't think they'd air a TP episode on the same (non-special) week as 3 Strikes.  I liked that Super Ball/Most Expensive camera angle.  And could Laura have been any more unexcited when the three cars were revealed?

After One-Bid #2:  LOL!  Drew knows about YouTube-worthy moments!

Yodelman Game:  A cheeseburger telephone? :oldlol:

Check Game:  Right down the middle!

SCSD #1:  OK, that camerawork on Laura's second spin absolutely sucked.  Makes me wonder if there was some kind of edit.

241:  Easy.

One-Bid #5:  $7?  I'm pretty sure that's an Historic Moment®.

Money:  Uh-oh!  It's the attack of the multiples of 11!  So that truck didn't have PS/FP, and it still ended in a number other than 0, 5, or 9? :clipboard:

ME:  Ouch!  That was one expensive Dell (complete with unsolicited plugged testimony from Drew).

Lineup:  It seems highly unusual to have two shows in one week without a GP game.

SC #1:  WTF kind of a violin was that?

SC #2:  Ligna furniture... have we ever seen that brand before?  Smells like a cheapo to me.

My showcase bids:
Van--$28,215
Random room/trip--$12,501

Result:  Whoa!  Drew's second DSW!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 06:32:09 PM »
And an audience that cared!!!!  AWESOME!!!

Why did the audience actually care this time? Because this was the Chuck's last taping. I was told that there were actually turnaways for this taping - which means there weren't any paid audience members for this one.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 07:21:32 PM »
TRIPLE PLAY--did Laura even want to be there? (more on that later)--tough to win this one today

Cliffhangers-Yvonne was THE contestant of the day.  What a dramatic finish!  How often in PIR history has the yodel man stopped at the very peak of the climb?

Check Game--excellent play, and funny one-liner by drew about the longevity of the show

Two for the price of one--good playing

money game--when in doubt..........go with el cheapo  :-D

most expensive--clueless contestant deserved to lose this one.  Sorry, but my patience for some of these people is wearing thin........

OK, with THAT out of the way, lemme get to a concern of mine.  Is it just me, or are many of the contestant just plain out FLAT these days?!?!  The first woman, Laura, almost acted as if PRICE was interrupting other plans of hers or something.  You are playing for a chance to win 3 CARS!  Show some excitement!  I realize some people are more quiet and reserved, but she just seemed kinda...............blah.  The bids in contestants row are becoming more and more idiotic.  7 dollars?  Wow, that' sooo funny dude  :-? People bidding 20 dollars UNDER another contestant, more cutthroat $1-more-than-the-previous bidder, etc.  Look, I realize some people get caught up in the hoopla and can't think straight, but this is just gettign bad.  THen, the people get on stage and act braindead.  The girl today playing the last pricing game looked like she was in la-la land or something.  Get with it people, WAKE UP, and show some ENTHUSIASM.  Also, exercise common sense.

Sorry to rant like that, but that aspect of the show is REALLY bothering me, and today was an example of what has been frustrating me.  Of course there have been some good contestants this season, but a lot of them just flat out SUCK and I'm surprised that they were picked in the first place.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
I have to mention - this show was absolutely the most enjoyable I've seen thus far with Drew hosting.  He was really into it, particularly during Cliff Hangers, which clearly seems to be one of his favorite games.  With the right contestant, like Yvonne was today, Drew really shines.  He clearly enjoyed her throughout the game, and you can feel that his excitement at the end of the game when the mountain climber stopped on $24 and Yvonne won the game was genuine.