Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007  (Read 43109 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »
TRIPLE PLAY:  YAY!  Nice to see TP again.  OWWWW...what a downer to start things off.  :-(

CLIFF HANGERS:  Hans got a pretty nice view of the horizon, but what a nice win for Yvonne!  :-D

CHECK GAME:  Easy as a slice of apple pie...

ONE-BID #4:  Somebody coined this saying during last season:  It's not the stone, it's the setting.  (yeah, I just couldn't resist :P )  Seriously, I figured that necklace would cost a little bit more than $900.   

2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1:  This looked pretty easy too...

MONEY GAME:  The pairs of numbers strike again!  :-(

MOST EXPENSIVE:  Well, I too would've picked the computer...

SHOWCASES:  WOW!  We have our 2nd DSW of the year!  :-D

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  4.0/4.0 (A)

This was a gem of a show, and much improved over yesterday in my view!  Simply fabulous!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:56:24 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »
I'm a little disappointed in you all.  It's now past 10PM eastern and 0 of you have linked me to a YouTube clip of Yvonne.  :P

This show was especially fun in the company of friends in the Student Union.  A couple of us recalled the Italian Vampire during the Mob sketch.

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 10:43:01 PM »
And El Cheapo strike again.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 10:58:30 PM »
Triple Play: For the Ford Escape, I eliminated the last two prices because of just "standard equipment", especially the last price. So I went with $21,962. Oh, it's a hybrid.

I'm just tempted to see if Yvonne's vibrations will be on YouTube....

"The Yodel Man Game": If they're going to use prices like $19 and $49, then I think we got ourselves a challenge here.
Another sign of possible obesity: a hamburger phone.

Check Game: Ah, the ol' Go-way-out-to-LA-to-make-your-trip-that's-near-you trip. Anyways, I felt good about that $2500 amount.

2 For the Price of 1: This time, I watched myself on this one after the last playing. Robert would know more about freezers than I would. Also, at first I thought we were going to price the ATV. Oh, that 7...

One Bid 5: Lucky Seven.

Money Game: Before the start of the game, I had 22911 on mind as a possible trick. If 22 were not the first two numbers, then I probably would've tried 21 next; but I would defintely try 11 as the last two numbers. Reminds me of a moment, where a contestant picked 10 as her final choice, with Bob calling it el cheapo.

One Bid 6: Erroooo!

Most Expensive: I flubbed up on a gas grill before, so I didn't pick that. Instead I picked the computer that Drew thinks it's a Dell.
[I didn't know what brand it is because Rich did not say it was. Of course I know it's a Dell!]

Showcases: Don't ever press your luck with the Priceleones. Well, Robert did with that great bid.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »
was there an edit in the end when Tristan said hi to his mom?  Drew asked him who he wanted to say hi to during his spin and the response seemed to be somewhat muffled and there was an awkward pause

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 11:13:45 PM »
SCSD #1:  The bad camera shot on lauras second spin was most likley an edit.. i'm guessing there was confusion on where the wheel landed. There was also an edit before laura was shown the first car in triple play.

You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 11:47:28 PM »
What Documentary did Tristan compliment Drew on?

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 12:23:24 AM »
Huh? What? Where? Damn! It's January 21 already?!

Me, at roughly 6:30 pm this evening, loading this up online...

"Hmm... 'Great Games'.. Yeah.. 'Exciting Prizes'.. Yep... Wait a second. There's someone in the front row in a green shirt, I've seen him somewhere before. And sitting next to him is some woman wearing a black hat and a Madonna shirt... I have that very same shirt. And I have a hat just like....."

WHATWHATWHAAAAAAT?!?!?! Excuse me while I keep myself from falling out of my chair.

Now? Today? This wasn't supposed to air until January 21... It was even on the board that Chuck paraded around the studio with... January 21, 2008.

Oh boy. I wasn't prepared for this at all. I didn't get up to tape this. I wasn't even prepared to post about this... I suppose the next time I go to a taping and it's supposed to air a little over a week later, I should expect it to air that same night?

Well, too late now. The cat is out of the bag, and it's time to talk about Chuck's Grand Finale.

Triple Play: This one started off so well, too... Cobalt? Easy, take the $14,000... Vibe? Low $18,000's, another easy one...

Oh boy. It's the Escape hybrid. I kept going between the last two choices, before thinking "I dunno. $24,921 seems a little high. Go with $23!"....

I guess it wasn't too high after all. Sorry.

Cliff Hangers: Before discussing the game itself, let me give a little background on Yvonne. Yvonne did pretty much spend the whole show shaking. Drew tried to do his best to get her to relax - first with humor, then by standing next ot her in Contestant's Row during a break and talking to her. No such luck.

But, thanks to him talking to her, we did find out that Yvonne works at a nursing home, caring for Alzheimer's patients. Needless to say, the minute she said that, she had one huge fan sitting in the front row.

At first, I was relieved to see her get to play something nice and easy, like Cliffy. Unfortunately, while a win, it was a rather nervewracking one, with Hans getting a little close to the top for comfort...

I would've personally gone $25, $30, $45 on this, but heck, a win is a win - not like you get extra prizes or cash for keeping Hans back.

After Yvonne won and made her way back into the audience, I took both of her hands in mine and told her "Yvonne, my father has Alzheimer's, and I just want to say thank you for what you do. Bless you!" Yes, she was still shaking like a leaf, and I hope I didn't freak her out by doing that. But it just felt right. I feel that people who do that kind of work don't get thanked nearly enough - if it's even possible to thanked enough.

So, again, Yvonne: Congratulations. And thank you.

Check Game: My second time seeing this game in person - and wouldn't you know it.. I finally get to see someone who thinks that you write on the DISPLAY, and not the check.. Oh, boy!

I thought the trip was a bit more than it was, and would've won by a gnat's rear had I been playing ($2,000 even for my check).. Starcade was thinking $2,500, which worked out even better for the contestant.. Well, kind of. I mean, she's going to fly from Mississippi to Los Angeles to fly to New Orleans, then fly back to LA to fly back home?

Are you dizzy yet? I know I am.

Showdown #1: Eight trips to Mecca. Three $1,000 winners. Now if only I can finally see a $5,000 winner. Or $10,000 winner. Or $20,000 winner. Or $1,000,000 winner.....

2 For The Price Of 1: Wheeeee! It's time for another technical problem!

It all started off as routine: Robert gets up on stage, he and Drew go back to the door, Robert sees his prizes, Drew explains the rules, Robert asks for the second number as the freebie.

Drew asks them to light up the middle number...

He asks a second time...

He asks yet again...

The door starts closing.

Drew stares toward the doors and asks "What did I do wrong now?"

Nothing, of course. The darned number just wouldn't light up. So Robert sat there on the turntable (as we flashed "$579" at him with our fingers) while they worked on the game behind the closed door.

A few minutes later, they re-opened the door and edited out Drew's numerous attempts to ask for the second number. This time, with the set working properly, Robert went with $579, and won himself an ATV and a freezer.

Money Game: Yes, I was one of those suggesting Tristan take 44. Yes, I was wrong. Between how many times I've seen the last two numbers be 30-something or 40-something, and the fact 44 would've been the ol' front & back trick, I thought it was a good guess.

Not that 11 would've been a bad guess, either...

It did take some restraint to not yell something after he took 99, though. Yes, Gretzky rocks. And Mikan rocked. But Roger hasn't put the back of the car behind 90-something in 39 years!</Bob Barker>

Most Expensive: From the minute Rich described all three prizes, I was fairly sure it was the computer. Then I thought about my last to Mecca, where Most Expensive had a computer as one of the three prizes (in fact, it was the most expensive) and thought "You WOULDN'T do that again, would you Roger?... Yeah, you would. You're not going to fool me again. :P"

Well, sure enough, I was yelling for #3. Michael was yelling for #3... Sadly, she took #2.

D'OH!

Showdown #2: Yes, I was one of the people urging Alyssa to spin again at 65. Sadly, that didn't work out either..

Showcases: A lot of us got a real kick out of the Priceleones.. Nice work, Stan..

I was more than a little shocked that Robert passed Showcase #1.. Like Laura, I too thought $26,000 would be a good bid on her Showcase...

I was not one bit surprised to see Robert's Showcase consist of furniture and a trip. And of course, unlike the last time, Laura wasn't clearly over, so considering bailing out with a $1 bid wouldn't work...

I was shouting to go with $16,700.. And, of course, in a mirror of my prior taping, he went a couple hundred less than I suggested, by bidding $16,500 - which I still thought was pretty good.

Michael got a look at Roger after Robert bid, and told me Roger was sitting there, his arms on the desk, and his head leaning over his arms. I heard that and thought "Uh oh. Either we have another painful DOB, or...."

Naw. No way. I mean, a DSW? During Chuck's final show? After all, the first time I went to a taping and came across Chuck - and the Legend Of Chuck was born, Vickyann became part-owner of CBS... What are the odds of another DSW to close out Chuck's time as a page?

Lightning never strikes twice in the same place, after all.

Then again, two prior tapings where Chuck was working.. We got Vickyann's DSW... We got Dennis' painful reverse-DSW. So two tapings, two insanely close Showcase bids...

Well, with the Showcase prices about to be revealed, I knew one thing: We were in for some excitement, one way or another..

When Drew led off by revealing the price of Laura's Showcase, I was even more convinced that Robert was insanely close. At $2,675 away, she was in fairly good shape.. But how good? Because needless to say, his bid was the one I most anxious over...

Drew starts off by saying that "the actual retail price of your Showcase is... Sixteen thousand", and it's time for deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra used to say... I'm standing there thinking "Don't be over... Don't be over..."

I heard Drew up until he said "six"... I couldn't hear anything else he said after I started screaming. I didn't hear Drew say "forty four" - not that it mattered of course...

Lightning had just struck twice in the same place, after all. And, what a fitting way to close out Chuck's stint as The World's Greatest Page.

After the show closed, we went over to shake hands with Robert (as we had with all of the contestants throughout the show). He actually hugged the both of us, genuinely thrilled over his big day.

Congratulations, Robert!

As everyone started to file out, we got another chance to shake hands with Roger, where he again thanked us for coming. Michael brought up his reaction to Robert's bid, and The Dob said "Well, we are slightly over budget..."

Whoops.

Well, with that said, I think it's safe to say I now only have three more chances to be a contestant on the show. Why?

Taping #4: DSW.
Taping #8: DSW.

Which means I am sure I will receive a lifetime ban (for betting on baseball?) after taping #11, because Roger surely knows that if I come back a twelth time, there'll be yet another DSW to blow up the budget..  :lol:

I'm teasing, of course.

Though, I'm sure Roger will run for the hills if he ever comes out to see Chuck and I there at the same time.  :P

All in all, another very special day. Some great contestants, a lot of fun, a DSW, and of course... CHUCK! CHUCK! CHUCK!

The best news of all, of course, is that since it's now January 21, 2008, I have another 11 months to go until Christmas. How was the 2007 Christmas show?

Edit: As far as the enthusiatic audience today? Of course. We had Chuck (Chuck! Chuck! Chuck!), and Starcade, and Maddy. Get the three of us in there, and you can bet on sixty minutes of noise - especially since you'll have two mouths who will go at full volume the whole time.

Even Jeff knows we don't need to "save it for the show". :P

Seriously, though.. Chuck worked the crowd all day... Rich did his usual great job on the warmup.. And by the time the cameras started rolling, everyone else turned the ignition (finally) and showed a great deal of energy and enthusiam as well.

I do hope we can see this kind of energy more often... Maybe that means I need to go more often? Live there, perhaps? I'm sure they have a nice, comfy bed in the warehouse? Lots of Little Debbies and Campbell's soup and Hot Pockets... Maybe one of the models has the same sized feet I do? :lol:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:48:49 AM by Madonna »
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 12:50:32 AM »
Well, that was a surprise -- this show was supposed to air in early 2008!  I wonder why it got moved...  ;)

Triple Play:  So this was the first airing of it, eh?  As you probably all know, they taped the same shows for all week -- so, as Willy put it to Roger at the end of the show before we left, there's no wonder they're a little over budget trying to play TP all week...

Sadly, no win.

Cliff Hangers:  A bit too close for comfort -- and, yeah, it was great to see her win, not only because of her enthusiasm, but also because of the hard work she does.  She's a larger human being than I...

Check Game:  I was thinking $2,500 -- not expecting $3K on the nose for the trip.

2 For the Price of 1:  The edit was even more funny because Drew apparently goofed majorly in the first taping of the day and we were behind schedule the whole day as a result (eventually forcing Maddy and me to take Greyhound back to Riverside).  Just funny to see the doors closing and Roger walking up -- Drew wondering what he did this time.

So the contestant went to the turntable, sat down, and we mouthed and fingered $579.  He smiled and gave us a thumbs up.  And then he won.

Money Game:  El Cheapo strikes!!  Ow.

Most Expensive:  Remind me never to buy a computer from that company.  Ow.

And then the DSW, as Maddy reported already.  Saw his head go down, and he remarked to us that they were a bit over budget, so that was the reason for the "headache".

If you ever go and see Roger do that, brace yourself.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 12:55:38 AM »
Triple Play: Laura went with me there. I said $23,110 on the last car. In my mind that loss was heartbreaking.

Cliff Hangers: Pretty funny the way Yvonne was shaking. What a dramatic win.

Check Game: $2500 was my choice as well to put down on the check. Nice playing.

2 For The Price of 1: Boy was I a bonehead thinking the freezer chest was over $900.  :headbang: Great win for Robert.

Money Game: I had a feeling 11 was the last two digits.

Most Expensive: I went with #1. For me I never thought that computer could be so expensive.

SCSD #2: I wanted Alyssa to win. But even if she stayed on 65 cents she had no chance unfortunately.  :evil:

Showcases: YAY! Another DSW!  :-D

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 03:31:05 AM »
The best news of all, of course, is that since it's now January 21, 2008, I have another 11 months to go until Christmas. How was the 2007 Christmas show?

This freakin' schedule is gonna drive me crazy.  I can't make heads or tails of it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 04:30:08 AM »
I was having plenty of trouble making heads or tails of it myself. Then TODAY happened - two months and five days ahead of schedule.

Now I'm totally lost.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:41:50 AM by Joe_Capitano »
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 06:36:02 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6,788

Hottie screenshots
Laura, Nanette, Aylin, Alyssa

Cliffhangers
carolinachair.com Crawford Living Room - It's not $3,425 anymore, it's $4,065 now.
Family Game Collection - It's still $805.

Showcase #1
Surfboards - $1,000
Ted Brewer Vivo^2 Violin - $1,805
Dodge Caravan - $22,870

Showcase #2
Quote from: Frank15
Has the show ever offered Ligna furniture on the show before?
and
Quote from: BRB_TheFireball
SC #2:  Ligna furniture... have we ever seen that brand before?
No.  This is its first airing.  It is $4,394, and the Strobel Supplepedic 6000 is $3,398 based on the prices of the two Magnussen Biltmore Bedroom groups and their respective sleep sets.  The first on February 14 had Dormia ($947) and totaled $8,394, and the second on October 30 had Strobel and totaled $10,845.

The 41st Safenet Security System, the 21st of which has a trip - $1,950
What?  A trip to Shanghai?  I cannot determine driving directions from L.A. to Shanghai.  The trip's price is $6,902.

We are also picking up Strobels at a faster rate than we did in Season 35 no matter what episode order we go by.  We had three strobels in daytime and one in primetime during Season 35.  We are now at three this season, all of them in the showcases, two of which have trips.

New Prizes, of which all were won
Hamburger Phone
Elle Multicolor Gemstone Necklace
Yamaha Raptor 80 ATV
Ted Brewer Vivo^2 Violin
Ligna Antigua Bedroom Group

Your Modeling Scorecard for January 21, 2008
Our modeling totals are $57,640 at the least.  Sweet!
Rachel Reynolds
Total:  $76,011
What the contestants won:  $12,316, 5
What the contestants won:  $63,695, 4
After 12 episodes
Prizes:  105 (75-30)
Cars:  14 (9-5)
Trips:  7 (5-2)
Season modeling total so far: $791,577

Lanisha Cole
Total:  $57,640
What the contestants won:  $36,815, 10
What the contestants won:  $20,825, 2
After 11 episodes
Prizes:  104 (69-35)
Cars:  12 (7-5)
Trips:  12 (4-8)
Season modeling total so far: $570,182

Brandi Sherwood
Total:  $68,380
What the contestants won:  $16,032, 7
What the contestants won:  $52,348, 3
After 22 episodes
Prizes:  217 (148-69)
Cars:  20 (5-15)
Trips:  17 (13-4)
Season modeling total so far: $1,015,163

Your 24 prizes total $114,711.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »
Thanks once again, Jacob, for handling the screencaps. I've run into a new problem with Innertube- now when I download the video with Orbit, it says "unknown duration", so I can't scroll around or anything. Sigh. Hopefully I'll figure something out so I'll be able to do them like usual next week.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »
Triple: AWWW!!, I really thought Laura had it.  :cry: Laura is HOT!!!!  :-D Loved the "Old School" Superball/Most Expensive camera shot as well.

Cliff: Yvonne was a BLAST!!! She literally had Drew shaking, too.  :-D She played very well and deserved to win if you ask me.

Check: Very nice.

2 for 1: I knew the freezer was at least $500. Good win.

Money: El Cheapo strikes again. ARGH!!  :-x

Most: Too bad.

Showcases: The Priceleones showcase was great.  Maybe Robert was being a gentleman passing the 1st showcase. to the sexy Laura.  :-D But he had to take it anyway for his magnificent bid leading to our second  :dsw: YAYYYYY!!!!! :-D

A 4-star show to wrap up the week.