Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007  (Read 43118 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »
I'm a little disappointed in you all.  It's now past 10PM eastern and 0 of you have linked me to a YouTube clip of Yvonne.  :P

This show was especially fun in the company of friends in the Student Union.  A couple of us recalled the Italian Vampire during the Mob sketch.

Here you go!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:22:01 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 11:53:23 PM »
That was quite funny, especially the Metallica reference at the very beginning of the clip, as well as the reference to YouTube.  Just imagine how much attention we'll get if Drew mentions this particular site!  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:55:44 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »
I think Roger and Friends are hesitant about saying the name of this site on the air, but I'm certain Drew will at least mention us in some form or another. Like, "I know some people on the internet that are screaming at their TVs right now", or something to that effect.

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
Triple Play - They had me fooled on the last car. I thought $23110 as well.
Cliff Hangers - Now THAT was an exciting win!
Check Game - I would have been under by $50.
2 for 1 - For whatever reason, I thought that the freezer was$979.
Money Game - And El Cheapo claims another victim!
Most Expensive - I would have gone for the grill. I thought it was one of those expensive grills, not an IUFB-quality grill.
Showcases - Not only did I not go over, not only did we have a :dsw:, but the Priceleone Family was one of the funniest Showcases I've seen in a looooooong time.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 04:45:20 PM »

Money Game - And El Cheapo claims another victim!

Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles, but I remember something in chat that specifically stated that "11" would NOT be considered to be an "El Cheapo" set of numbers; anything from "09" or below would be considered for "El Cheapo" status.  I could be wrong on that part though, I'll admit.  :hammer:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »
I don't normally do this, obviously, but for the sake of keeping the stats accurate, I'm going to give a bit of a spoiler:  Triple Play is the "missing" game from the second taping session.  This episode was either the third or fourth time Drew had played it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »
Well, with that said, I think it's safe to say I now only have three more chances to be a contestant on the show. Why?

Taping #4: DSW.
Taping #8: DSW.

Which means I am sure I will receive a lifetime ban (for betting on baseball?) after taping #11, because Roger surely knows that if I come back a twelth time, there'll be yet another DSW to blow up the budget..  :lol:
Just make sure taping #12 is a prime-time special with a separate budget and you'll be fine.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline ChinookUT

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:13 AM »

Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles, but I remember something in chat that specifically stated that "11" would NOT be considered to be an "El Cheapo" set of numbers; anything from "09" or below would be considered for "El Cheapo" status.

I can remember times when Bob himself would call a 10, a 14, a 15 "El Cheapo" when it was a number clearly below the possible first two numbers in the vehicle's price.
ChinookUT: Avid Price watcher since ~1985

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »
The shot on Drew and the contestant facing the audience in Triple Play is much better than seeing the turntable moved over with the blue divider and plant behind them.  It's like when they use the three doors in Most Expensive, Superball, and One Wrong Price.

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2007, 05:44:17 PM »
First, I just loved Yvonne and Drew's interaction with her. Classic.

Second, this is the first time I've seen Drew CORRECTLY explain the bonus spin for the Big Wheel. He did the green spaces first, THEN the 1.00 for $10,000.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »
Drew doing something differently than but equally accurate as Bob's way does not magically make Bob's way "the correct way."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:05:08 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
explaining what happens on the green spaces first is the way to do it because you're building up to the highest prize and saving it for last... explaining the green spaces after the dollar is like showing someone they could win a car and then show them they could also win a microwave.. its also why they save Santa for last at the thanksgiving day parades.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
PG #1-Well, looks like Drew has finally learned the last of the Big 3. That was a cool shot when Laura got up on stage.  That was great how Drew did the false reveal/tease the contestant a bit on the last car.  I'm surprised Laura made it past the 2nd car; those prices were so close together.  Hardest playing of Triple Play I've seen.

PG #2-Well, that's unique.  All 3 SPs had to do with food.  Great win for Yvonne.

PG #3-I had no idea the show had been on the air since 1872. :lol:  She got the win right in the middle of the range.

SCSD #1-Cutting away right as the wheel nearly went from 65 cents to 10 cents during Laura's spin killed the excitement.  Come on Bart, first you do away with the SCSD arrow, then you don't even show if it's going to stop on the dollar?  Please do something right.

PG #4-Looks like Robert got that freezer he was looking for.

PG #5-6 sets of double digits to choose from.  One word can describe this playing--EVIL!

PG #6-I would have said that the grill was going to be the most expensive.  I forgot how cheap those things are.

Showcases-Whoa, another :dsw:!  That's the 2nd one this season!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »
Come on Bart, first you do away with the SCSD arrow, then you don't even show if it's going to stop on the dollar?  Please do something right.

Actually, that was then-director Paul Alter's decision to do away with the arrow graphic, back in 1996.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:59:10 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »
Oops, I didn't know that.  Thanks for clarifying that, goldroadfanatic.  And sorry, Bart!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:56:30 PM by Joe_Capitano »
All Hail Sinfonia!