Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007  (Read 43032 times)

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/16/2007
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »
TRIPLE PLAY: Interesting camera angle (I thought it was going to be three-trip Most Expensive/One Wrong Price) and a loss at the third car. I honestly thought Drew was going to smack the camera while throwing to commercial!

CLIFF HANGERS (AKA The Yodel Man's Game): Yvonne looked very nervous/shaken after she came up on stage, and Drew's response after he touched her shoulder was quite funny! The 'you won't know whether to eat the telephone or answer the burger!' joke was bad (sorry Rich) but the win was very close with a great throw to commercial afterward!

CHECK GAME: Yay, new check look! Surprising that they had magic marker pens (and Price) back in 1872 :-)

SCSD #1: A $1,000 win by the unexcited Triple Play lady and a 'Hi...Drew' from Yvonne. Too bad she lost.

TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE: Yay, pink lights! He very wisely took the second number free. Did anybody notice that the '9' flashed when it was pulled down?

IUFB #5: I wouldn't have said a $7 bid wins it. Then again, stranger things have happend on the various versions of this show (regardless of whether Bob or whoever isn't Roger will admit it or not).

MONEY GAME: Yay, 36 is where 35 was last year! I said 'El Cheapo' and would've won a car.

MOST EXPENSIVE: I went with the grill and lost (it was only $1,300?). Drew REALLY needs to stop giving Dell free endorsements.

SCSD #2: Hi, Cleveland!

SHOWCASES: Rich really should've been the mob boss. Either that or let the models talk during the skits. Or both with Rich talking; I miss those days... :-( A $144 Double Showcase Winner ends a great show!
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
OVERALL: Great contestants, great wins (including A DSW!), and great Drew (especially his false reveal in Triple Play and his reaction to Yvonne). 8/10

BEST CONTESTANT: Yvonne; Just great!

COMMERCIALS: A Burlington Coat Factory one was just...ugh. Very...dumb. And bad. Dumbly bad; Same for Vicks and Swiffer ones. As well as a life insurance commercial (I'm pretty certain that a couple wouldn't talk at length about Colonial Penn unless they're in The Truman Show).
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »
Seeing this show a second time today, I was struck as to how much Drew has improved since the August eps. He's even doing milking now! :) It's great.

Offline vdw58

• Outside in Line
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
Triple Play-- Laura put up a hard fight until she got to the last ride (and lost).
Cliff Hangers-- Yvonne did what she can from not letting Hans take the fall.
Check Game-- Gay has nabbed it dead in the middle.
2 For the Price of 1-- Robert breezed right through that one.
Money Game-- Tristan was outdone by El Cheapo.
Most Expensive-- Poor Alyssa had been doomed by Dell.