Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2006 - UPDATED  (Read 25865 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2006 - UPDATED
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »
That's my error.  I was confused as well.

If Scott is referencing the May 3rd, 2001 episode as being the other show she was on, there was no one named "Michelle" on that show.  It is very possible that someone used their birthname and then nickname each time.

I'm sure this is a very frustrating moment for the CBS and Price folks.  They try very hard to ensure this never happens, and then the question is whether or not she did it on purpose.  I think it's frustrating to see it as a fan, since someone who wasn't even eligible to win took the place of an eligible hopeful.

After learning all this, I was hoping she won Temptation.
John

Offline gameshowguy2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 04:51:20 PM »
Boy, this is getting confusing by the moment. If it was Megan who was DQ'ed, does that mean there's no winner in the Showcase?

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »
You didn't read very much, for starters!
John

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 05:32:56 PM »
Well, after Rich's caveat at the end of the show, I was stirred to rewind my DVR and confirm who the "4th onstage contestant" was, only to be hornswoggled that Megan lost her showcase and $1000 from The Big Wheel.  I'm glad to see it was just Michelle, with her strange Temptation bailout, that was the actual ineligible contestant.

Otherwise, a pretty boring episode, though I always get a kick out of Splendido! still being used on occasion for the nothing-but-furniture showcases.

To go back to someone's remark about Safe Crackers--yes, the cut from the One Bid to the reveal was def a bit strange.  I felt that the existing reveal was already unnerving with the traditional pan shot, but without seeing the doors opening, it's even weirder ( . . . "more weird"??).  Please, never do that again!

Offline Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »
Wow....that's a strange turn of events...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 05:39:49 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Kiteboarding?

PG #2 - OMG, somebody actually could've won Tempty this season.  Once again, the Dobber ends a car price with a 5... but this time, the contestant actually took it.  Well, $5,000 in prizes is nothing to sneeze at.

PG #3 - $40 for mops?!  And we go right back to a $1,500 Stinko.

SCSD #1 - Gotta love it whenever Bob points out somebody in the audience who is older than he is.  :-P

SCSD #1 b - Online ticket plug on a Monday?

PG #4 - I would've taken out the 3 as well.  Stupid friggin' random trailer...

PG #5 - Both 44 and 56 were evil.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  Nobody except for Golden-Road.net members would've ever picked either of those.

PG #6 - Gotta give Roger credit for not making today's Hit Me playing an absolute lock for a win.  I feared that Patricia would get suckered into picking the $21.00 Windex.  And for once, the evil Capzasin helped somebody win a pricing game.

(this portion was edited out cuz I just realized that Michelle, not Megan, was declared ineligible)

My showcase bids - Splendido:  $18,800.  Mustang:  $29,500.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
I thought today's show was pretty good, notwithstanding the ineligibility brouhaha.  If Michelle was well aware that she was not eligible to be a contestant again, then she's almost more blameworthy for not keeping herself out than CBS is for not catching her.  Definitely unfortunate that this happened, however it did.

And this news also tempers my Temptation reaction.  I thought today was a great day to take the prizes, because there was something about $18,235 that just didn't look right, but the digits looked good to me when chosen individually.

This is the first time I've ever heard Bob explicitly explain the optimal Hit Me strategy; has he done this previously?

Always nice to hear Splendido in a showcase, one that I would normally say was surprisingly valuable, except that those of us on this site know better.

And where were Temptation, Money Game, and Hit Me on Friday when I needed them for FPG purposes?

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 06:00:50 PM »
The *real* question is, who is that superman guy in your avatar John?  How'd Megan/Michelle manage to get through the contestant co-ordinators twice?  I've been through there twice myself and I haven't come close.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 06:01:47 PM »
Dirk, look at the list of pricing games closely, and you'll see something cool.

Anyway, I normally say take the prizes in Temptation, but I actually liked $18,235 when it came up.  Can't go wrong with a car price ending in 35 ;)

Okay, so Money Game proved me wrong, but that was a Dice Game truck.  I wonder why that wasn't played...

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
Thanks Joe.  I just noticed what the Friday lineup spells.  Let there be no doubt that Roger is keenly aware of what we're up to.

Also, Dice Game was played last Thursday.  Roger may not mind playing Bullseye, Eazy az 123, Double Prices, and One Away twice within six shows, but I guess Dicey twice in three shows may have been too much even for him.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
UGH! A fine day for the disc to commit suicide in the recorder, so I missed the entire episode. After sucessfully loading and recording a few minutes of TV onto a new disc in the morning (then going to bed), I woke up and found that the machine was reading it as a finalized disc, couldn't record to it, and I couldn't view what I had already recorded.  

Let me throw this question out there...if Michelle willingly got herself on twice, do you think that her conscience got the better of her, leading her to bail out on Temptation? (This is assuming she was confident of a win)

It would look that way to me (with that "benefit of the doubt" bus driver mentality I have), then again I would have to see the actual episode.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2006
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 06:27:32 PM »
And heels, considering you have the ineligible contestant for you Contestant of the Day, it might be appropriate to change that to Megan, who was pleasant enough, and might deserve a little positive attention after her looking like a troublemaker today.

I was debating between her and Michelle, but now that we've discovered the truth about Michelle, I'll agree with you. Only one problem- I can't edit my original post for some reason. Odd.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »
I have to say I don't feel sorry for the production staff nor CBS if they didn't do their homework on the ineligible contestant. If they chose to let her "run the game " on them, they might have been asking for it. Then again, she should have sense enough to know that you can only be on the show once.

1. Safe -- very weird reveal, and a logical pick, but he lost.

2. Temptation -- GOTTA LOVE IT! That car sounded like a shoe in @ 18,235, as soon as she bailed out, I knew it was gonna happen! And, now that we have the right person, was ineligible. Nice waste of our time Michelle, THANKS FOR NOTHING! :D

3. Plinko(aka Stinko lol) -- here we go again! Back to lower wins, I think it's time the 1k space go to 2500 like TPIR '94 did to get some *decent* wins more often

4.Switcheroo -- Is this the same "random trailer" that we see in the showcases? Argh, save it for the showcases and not Switcheroo. Thanks!

5.$$$ game -- I went for 35, but I guess the chances of having two cars end in "35" in the same show were about a "snowball's chance in h___". What was I thinking?

6.Hit me -- Finally, the "damn Capsazin" (as BRB calls it, LOL!) came into play for a change. Seems like it  was used as a "worthless" in Baggie, and used more often as a promotional plug in the one-bid vs. actually being used for an item that wins a game.

SC's -- Gotta love that employment contract one! Too funny! I hope they do this again for season 35.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 08:44:26 PM »
br wrote: Plinko -- Back to lower wins, I think it's time the 1k space go to 2500 like TPIR '94 did to get some *decent* wins more often

Well, changing these anounts would have done nothing for today's contestant.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »
Hey BR, where'd ya come up with Switcheroo?

Anyways, decent show today, not the best, but not the worst.

Safe Crackers: Ack that was just awful-the reveal for the game that is. $670? Ack. This should have been won.

Temptation: Wow is all I can say

Plinko: Well, this game is back to its cold, cold ways or its back with a vengeance take your pick.

Squeeze Play: Evil for me today. I had no clue which to remove, but $7580 did seem to look a little better to myself, unfortunately for Megan it didn't.

Money Game: EVIL!!!!!!! 56 for the back? Nuff said

Hit Me: Easy and i'll leave it at that.

As far as the ineligibility is concerned-I echo Alan Jackson: "Who's cheatin' who and who's bein' true, and who don't even care anymore, it makes you wonder who's doin' right with Price folks today and whose car is parked next door."