Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2006 - UPDATED  (Read 25929 times)

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/08/2006 - UPDATED
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »
Not really a good show today. The most notable thing, obviously, was Michelle's disqualification.

Money Game was harder, because 35 was a choice, but wasn't correct. 56 seemed like a choice that most contestants wouldn't have picked.

Hit Me was very easy, and it resulted in the only win of the day!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 10:26:27 PM »
That was the most painful Temptation loss I've seen in ages.  Anybody know the last time somebody quit when they could have won?  (Not that it ended up mattering, but still...)

Regardless, though...that price didn't look right at all.  I don't blame her one bit for bailing out.

How in the world did Mary Lou miss the Libman products in Plinko?  You practically had to be drunk to get those wrong!

You know, I get the feeling Roger really didn't want Money Game won today.  Thanks to the amazingly low first two numbers, the low number trick didn't work, and the opposite strategy used by people who don't know the trick didn't work, either.

Patricia really deserves credit for winning Hit Me.  Not only did she clearly know exactly how to play the game, it wasn't even easy today -- there were two items that could have been the 10, and I don't think either one has ever been used before.

The second showcase was awesome.  The Beauties did a great job looking ticked off. :lol:

BobboChung wrote:  SSD1: Too bad the 100-year-old didn't get up on stage.

What the freakin' hell does that have to do with the first Showcase Showdown?

MSTieScott wrote:  Anybody have a copy of the May 3, 2001 episode?

According to Scorpz's recap, there's no one named Michelle on theat episode.  There is someone named Patrica, though.

br wrote:  I have to say I don't feel sorry for the production staff nor CBS if they didn't do their homework on the ineligible contestant.

With all due respect, I think that's an incredibly immature attitude.  To my knowledge, this has happened three times in 34 years.  That's an average of less than one ineligible contestant every 11 years, out of just under 55,000 contestants (and that's only including the daytime show).  They do an incredible job with this; they're allowed to let one slip through the cracks every once in a while.

br wrote:  3. Plinko(aka Stinko lol) -- here we go again! Back to lower wins, I think it's time the 1k space go to 2500 like TPIR '94 did to get some *decent* wins more often

Except the Davidson version never did that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 10:31:07 PM »
And before i forget, I think the only other fun part of the show was the Michelle disqualification.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 11:54:28 PM »
Just like one of my local stations: a face-lift of sorts...

Safe Crackers: I don't know--those intros are irking me. The way Bob and Shay were planted on stage made me think an edit occured. Anyways, I was thinking weather stations like that ware around 550 or something, promptimg me to set 670. It didn't work.

The Temptation of Price: A Vibe is around $18K, so that was easy; between the 3 and 0 for the 4th number was also easy. I had a feeling it would be 0 in the end, prompting me to bail out. Hard grunting groans came out when Michelle had it right all along.

Plink-lo: I still sometimes wonder how excited the contestant and audience get when Rich prepares them. Maybe they like the plinking chips; I do.

Squeeze Play: I just didn't think that 3 could be anywhere in the price. I was wrong.

Money Game: At the start, I was trying to eye the truck decal on the logo. They did. I thought this time, an odd number like 44 or 56 would not be the last two numbers in the price. Wrong Again.

Hit Me: Okay, we got half of a disastrous situation out of the way with Patricia's escape. I knew the Capzasin would have the ace, but I was so confused between the Windex and the Polident. I would have tried the Windex. I would need a surplus of it if I caused a skunkout on this game. I was surprised that Patricia picked the Polident with confidence and won. The day has just got better.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 02:26:11 AM »
Rich's announcement that "The fourth on-stage contestant was found to be ineligible..." sent chills down my spine.

I can't explain why.  It just did.  :-?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 02:43:25 AM »
You're not alone, Coinboy. The moment Rich's voice came on I felt a shot of something in my gut.

Anyway, I did some checking and to my knowledge the last time an ineligible contestant passed through the cracks was back in Season 27 on January 25, 1999. That person also played the second pricing game - also a car game, but failed to make it past the showdown. All she "won" was a dollhouse from the One-Bid. Turns out this person had been on the show 15 years previous.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »
Thanks for the correction Rob, I wrote that about the time I should have hit the off switch on computer(lol, half asleep) . That was SQUEEZE PLAY! Hey, I was only a few letters off :D

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »
Um, I could of swore that the 2500 slot was in the TNPIR '94? If not, where the heck did I get that idea from?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »
Um, I could of swore that the 2500 slot was in the TNPIR '94? If not, where the heck did I get that idea from?

TPIR94 did have $2,500 Plinko slots, but they were in place of the $100 slots, not the $1,000 slots.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 02:56:56 PM »
You know, there's something everyone seems to have forgotten about...this episode had an e-ticket plug instead of a regular ticket plug.  Wonder why that happened.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline theQn4cer

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »
Disqualification? Why? Didn't she win before? Wasn't she under the age limit?  Did this ever happen before?

• In the Audience
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 06:43:40 PM »
well the contract you signed while they interview you
says that you CANNOT have been a contestant on a prior
game show within the past 10 yearsthat includes the price is right

Offline Gerald78

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »
Not a bad show..

I felt bad for Michelle until I found out about the disqualification.  

That was a be-u-ti-ful win in Hit Me!

Was it just me or was Bob rushing things (especially in the first half) for no apparent reason?

Offline kingpin623

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 01:16:49 AM »
SAFE CRACKERS:  I've noticed that the past FEW times that this has been played that the big doors were already open and the game already revealed, unlike how they used to wait until Bob and the contestant were standing next to it to do the reveal.  (So, now if we see them stand off to the [our] right of the CLOSED doors, we KNOW it's 5 Price Tags!) Still, the shot angle was strange, as we saw just the word "Safe" flashing up there.  Seems like they're doing all sorts of little things to save a few seconds here and a few seconds there; the show feels more rushed every day.  But, back to the game...  I don't consider $670 and $760 to be that significantly different, but that's the way Safe Crackers has been lately.

TEMPTATION:  Wow!  A bailout that could've won (ignoring the ineligibility thing).  Can't remember last time I saw that happen.

PL!NKO:  I have long since stopped getting excited when I see this.  Besides TnPIR'94 having $2500 slots in place of the $100 slots, they also did swap the [then] $5K and zeroes once.  That's what we really need on the daytime show now; we could actually see someone walk with $20K, $30K, or $40K easily!

SQUEEZE PLAY:  Had a feeling she lost this one...

MONEY GAME:  I would have won this one, only because they seem to have a tendency lately to use "oddball" numbers (i.e. those not ending in 0 or 5) as the last two in the car, so 44 and 56 stood out as obvious choices for me.

HIT ME:  At last!  Someone who has done their Hit Me (and math) homework!

As for the ineligibility, besides having to have NOT been a contestant on ANY version of TPIR at any time in the past, there is a limit to the # of OTHER game shows that you can have appeared on depending on the time frame within which you appeared on said shows (can't remember the exact #s, but I've heard it often enough waiting in line @ CBS).

JBK

• Outside in Line
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »
You're confusing me, it MEGAN or MICHELLE who got disqualified and why?

Send me an e-mail at myspace.com/vietpir