Author Topic: A message to everyone...  (Read 10180 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
A message to everyone...
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
As you can see, I am no longer the technical support manager of Golden-Road.net as of right now.  I have no idea what my future is (Marc and I are supposed to talk about things later), but I need to go ahead and post this with a decision I have went ahead and decided to make that I feel is best for Golden-Road.net, not knowing whether or not I've been officially "fired."

Recently and in the past, some members have violated rules and think the rules don't apply to them.  I've tried to do all I can to urge them to quit their actions and to follow the rules.  Nothing has worked.  I wound up performing an evil deed, as I apologized for in Front Office, in a desperate attempt to get these certain members to follow the rules.

Yes, I did a very evil deed by doing what I did, but I was so desperate to get this stuff to stop.  I'm not excusing my actions with that last statement as those deeds I performed are inexcusable.  Marc, you are the site owner and you have the right to run your site however you please, whether or not other members, moderators, or myself agree with your decisions.  However, Marc, with all due respect, I cannot and will not any longer work in such an environment where such actions from said members *seem* to be let go without any intervention. 

Effective immediately, I am announcing my resignation from Golden-Road.net.  There's no turning back or possible "change of heart" this time.  Marc and John, I thank you for the opportunity to work here at Golden-Road.net and I thank all the members here for their support and good times.  I wish both of you the best of luck with the current chair auction.  I hope it gets to $19K or more as the microphone did.

If certain conditions exist (e.g. me not being banned after posting this....that's all up to Marc), I might occasionally continue to post and contribute to chats and discussions about one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game shows of all time....The Price Is Right.

My apologies may be worthless, if so, I have nobody to blame but myself....but I do extend my sincere apologies to Marc, John, Willy, Steve, Tom, and everyone affected and offended by my evil deed.

Thank you and God bless.

Robert Searcy
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:57:37 PM by RobertSearcy »

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: A message to everyone...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »
Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do in the future.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »
I wish all the best for you, my friend. To the staff, keep up the good work.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:12 PM »
Robert, I want you to know that I show no hard feelings toward you.  I will continue to serve as a mod for Press Your Luck Expert Edition and I hope that the changes you plan on making there are as great as the ones you've made here.

Offline roxburyguy2

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
Thank you for all that you have done for this site, and good luck to you in the future.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 11:41:51 PM »
Man...I'm speechless right now...I'm trying not to cry as I post this, but still, just...man...  :-(

Robert, I would like to let it be known that I won't forget your sense of humor.  One the funnest things about CSS that I enjoyed was the fact that you liked to compare CSS games to NASCAR races; of course, I've always enjoyed your "commentary" when a Big One occurred.  Most of all, and this is personal to me in many aspects:  if you haven't taken the time to join us in chat every day, Stephanie and I wouldn't have been best friends and CSS partners; for that, I am eternally grateful.  I'll say it again--I am eternally grateful for your work on the technical side of things, for teaching me about programming (although I'm still lost), and for helping Stephanie and I form a strong bond, even though we're on different sides of the border.

You take good care of yourself, and don't let things get in the way of your chosen path.  May God bless you!

--JOHN "GoldenBulldog" GILLMEN
  Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi

P.S.:  Oh yeah, we will continue to shoot our TVs whenever Hoverounds appear... 
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 11:59:13 PM »
Thank you Robert.  You hard work over the past couple of years has truly made this site better.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 12:53:21 AM »
I gotta say I'm stunned hearing this news.  8-O Of course there's nothing you, I, or anybody else here that would change all that. I'm sure your presence here in this wonderful site will be sorely missed. Good Luck on your future endeavors Robert and thanks for the wonderful memories you brought during your tenure here in this site.  :biggrin:

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »
Um...yeah.  There's a reason I tend to stay out of threads of a personal nature such as this one...I never know what to say and I'm afraid anything I do say will just come off as shallow or whatever. 

That said...it's truly amazing how far this site's come under your watch and I'm greatly thankful for all you've done.  I got the opportunity to meet you in person back in March and you seemed like a reasonable enough guy...so that's good enough for me.  Best of luck in the future.  :)

And now back to people who are actually capable of both feeling and expressing emotions.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:15:10 AM »
Thank you for all your hard work and devotion, Robert. I do hope we'll still continue to see you around here, even occasionally.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 08:28:31 AM »
I've only been a member a short time, but I knew just how hard you worked on this site and it is greatly appreciated.  Good luck with all of your future plans.  When I have to take some form of payroll accounting class, I'll always remember you stating just how much work it really is.  Hopefully we will see you back in the chatroom again soon.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
Well, Robert, your decision will not change, but neither will the past. You have done great stuff for this site, you have maintained it like a pro, and no one can take that away. You should be proud of the work you have done here, and rest assured that I (probably along with most members of the site) will always remember it!

Take care of yourself, and I hope to see ya around!

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 09:13:52 AM »
Robert,
I wish you allthe best in whatever direction life takes you.  I wish there were something I couldsay toget you to stay active here, but I respect your decision.  Thank you for everything, and I will pray for you.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »
Robert, you've done a great job maintaining this site!  Your hard work definently shows and is appreacted by many members, myself included.  I as well wish you the best and hope to see you around the site some.  At least we still have facebook, although we haven't talked to each other on there, but I'll see that that soon changes  :-)

On a side note, I too am a NASCAR watcher, and every time I've been watching NASCAR on tv and see that Target car, you're the first thing that comes to mind since you are a big fan of him and have had his picture as your avatar for a long time.

Take care man!

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »
i havent been a member long, but in just a short time you really got me settled in. you fixed my email problem, and brought some great fun to the chat.

i forgive you for your actions, (although i still havent a clue as to what happened since i wasnt there when it happened), and hope that you have a great future in life. the chat wont be the same without you.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2