Author Topic: Funniest ever quiz show answers  (Read 26163 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: Funniest ever quiz show answers
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2020, 10:32:47 PM »
Roger, is that a new record? A 13-years-and-change bump?

This thread that was bumped a month ago by a troll was 5023 days in between.

(P.S. thanks gamesurf for the link).
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
From the 1983-1994 UK version of "Blockbusters":

Host Bob Holness:"What O is the generic word for any living animal or plant, including bacteria and viruses?"

Contestant: "Orgasm"(audience laughter)

Holness: "There are reasons, which I won't go into, that I can't accept that particular answer."

The correct answer was organism.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2020, 06:39:13 PM »
Methinks the people digging up these old threads are attempting to be the one to bump the oldest thread on the site, thus creating a new record. Now if you'll excuse moi, I shall return to searching up the next oldest thread.  :P
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2020, 07:25:28 PM »
I don't really mind bumping this kind of thread because the content isn't time-sensitive, and the post that did such was on-topic.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »
My biggest issue with it is if you're going to make a 14 year bump, you gotta have better material than "Haha remember that time when the contestant said 'penis' and Steve Harvey was SHOCKED?"

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2020, 04:14:33 PM »
On Family Feud, Steve Harvey asked this question: "If Steve Harvey were reincarnated, name an animal he would come back as."

Contestant: A Donkey!

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
From the Jeopardy! 2011 Tournament of Champions:

GROUP COUNTDOWN for $600: If Andy yearns for Brenda & Brenda cares about Charlene who pines for Andy, the 3 of them form one of these.
Kara Spak: What is a threesome?

(For the record, the correct response was "A love triangle.")

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
On Family Feud, Steve Harvey asked this question: "Name something any woman would prefer to see a man holding instead of the remote."

Contestant: His penis!

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2020, 06:54:17 PM »
Family Feud survey: A wife might tell her husband, "I wish your (what) was like Steve Harvey's."
Contestant: Penis! (this was actually #7 as "Body/Dong.")

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2020, 07:54:37 PM »
if you're going to bump, you gotta have better material than "Haha remember that time when the contestant said 'penis' and Steve Harvey was SHOCKED?"

You've been the only one adding to the thread for the last month, is there a reason you're bumping this over and over?
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
^I've been getting back into Harvey Feud recently, and I just happened to find those funny moments that I thought were worth sharing (and had me LOLing so hard as well!).

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing, howierules, but sometimes a thread should die a natural death. You've already did a 13 year bump on the thread and I don't think people saying "PENIS!!!" on Family Feud is enough to keep bumping it.

Gonna close this thread, at least for the time being.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:25:18 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2020, 08:50:05 PM »
My biggest issue with it is if you're going to make a 14 year bump, you gotta have better material than "Haha remember that time when the contestant said 'penis' and Steve Harvey was SHOCKED?"

This. Still applies. Seriously, 3/4 of the bad answers on Harvey Feud aren't even funny anymore... not like they ever were to begin with. There are only so many times contestants can reference genitalia- especially when they write surveys to get people to respond that way- before it ceases to be funny.

If all we're going to do is fill the thread with Harvey Feud dreck, well, don't.

EDIT: I see Alfonzo beat me to the lock. Since I spent so much time writing this reply, I'm gonna post it anyways.

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2020, 09:13:03 PM »
No problem, CU.

I will suggest to you and howierules to watch some YouTube clips of Family Feud Canada, which is a refreshing take on how the American Family Feud USED to be played. It also reminds us that you don't always need penis jokes to be funny.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:15:21 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won