Author Topic: CSS Results for June 23  (Read 3010 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 23
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »
The last day of the CSS Open was good in that not even one player went over. It was not so good in that "GARRRRRRRF" became the word of the day, with only six players achieving sub-$10K differences overall. And your host isn't really in a position to point fingers on this as with a score of 73.75, he just barely escaped being TEH SUCK. :-D

Tricky things to price today... a trip to Bruxelles (French spelling) which was a great deal more than most of us expected, along with a boat in SC1, and then a dinky trailer (this one's almost 12K, though) and a notoriously difficult-to-price F150 in SC2.

NCC-2000 got the win today, BRB_TheFireball close behind, both of them earning money. Then there's the dreaded STAGE PLAYER, and then there's the rest of us.

Two days left in the season, and one of the nastier showcases possible. Let's hope for the Corvette next week!!!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for June 23
Last Day of the CSS Open
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: CSS Results for June 24
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:47:14 PM »
I don't know what it is with the friggin' random boat showcases whenever I'm in the chatroom.  I turn out to be one of only three people who doesn't garf it.  :-P  :-D

The exact same thing happened on the last show of 2005 when Roger wheeled out that Australia and Catalina sailboat showcase worth almost $45,000.  Me, Robair, and Willy were the only ones who had the superballs to bid over $40,000 on it.  And, of course, I won that FRBS as well.

I'd say I did pretty good for my first year of playing CSS.  I won 4 showcases (2 FRBSs, 1 car showcase, 1 Splendido showcase) and got 1 points win.  Though my first year did have its downsides... such as my wasted $94 bid on a bust on the opposing showcase and my $55 overbid on the infamous $16,000-even furniture showcase.

See ya'll next season!  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for June 23
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 03:59:05 PM »
I was going to go up in the $29,000 range for the boat, but it just didn't seem that expensive. Trust your gut!

Of course, my gut for the truck was way off, so I just contradicted myself.  :lol:

I'd like to thank our fine hosts this year. This was kind of like Season 32 of The Price is Right, announcer-wise. We had someone start it out, had some people do it in the middle, and at the end, got a "permanent host".

I'm looking forward to when I play next year. Hopefully, I will learn to bid higher (and more wiser).