Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2007  (Read 25485 times)

Offline TheThunderBolt

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2007
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »
One Right Price: Easy Setup, but the wrong choice.

!/2 OFF: SHAZAM!! An Empty Box! Tough Break.

Temptation: Rodger really doesn't want this game won, does he?The past two times it's been played the price ened with 5 or 0 and the combinations could have been anything. Plus 15,000 seemed a little cheap to me.

Push Over: It looked good to me, too bad it wasn't.

That's Too Much: sometimes it pays to listen to the audience.  Bummer.

Pick A Pair: HALELUIH!! ALL HAIL JOHN!!

Now as for the Christopher incident.  When he said he was a producer, isn't there a way they couldv'e have checked where he works beforehand?  Then the whole mess couldv'e been avoided.  Also I don't understand why he's being so gripey in his blog about it. Ineligible means just that.. you're not gettin squat buddy and that's that!

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
Double Prices - That should have been won. No way can a TV cost $4138.
1/2 Off - Nothing to say here that I don't always say.
Temptation - Wow, I did not expect that loss. I'm surprised we didn't have the fishbowl of cash today.
Push Over - He agreed with me, not that it wound up mattering.
That's Too Much! - For once I would've won this game!
Pick-a-Pair - This is the 2nd time in a row we've seen both the Halls and the peaches.
Showcases - I could't have done much worse today. Over on one, GARFed the other.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »
ORP: I knew $4138 Belonged on the motorcycles.

Temptation: I knew Sammy lost the second he went for the car.

Push Over, I probably would have stopped at $4077 as well.

TTM: I figured Shawn should have went one more time.

SC2 :gotc:

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
One Right Price: I'm relieved that Roger made this setup easy (unlike previous setups).  But Dalece put the $4000 plus on the TV instead of the motorcycles.  NOT a great move.

Half Off: Carol went through the SPs!  I missed the second one---I chose the desk lamp.  As for the box choices---I thought it was a tough tossup--the two most commonly chosen boxes 7 and 10 remain---any of them could have the money.  Most of the audience thought 7, along with me.  Carol chose 10.  Empty box.
The way Brandi handled the box, she almost opened the box---I prefer Rachel with the box handling in Half Off--at least Rachel gives good fakeouts when carrying the boxes.

Temptation: I really wanted Sammy to win.  I had my doubts about the second digit.  When Sammy chose to go for the car, I prayed.....ugh heartbreak.  Sammy's reaction to losing---I would have done the same thing too.

Push Over: Okay, it was Ashley furniture, the el cheapo furniture.  I thought alike like Christopher.  Roger threw us a bad curveball here---Christopher should have gone one more.  I don't think Roger wanted Push Over won today.

That's Too Much: THAT'S TOO CLOSE/THAT'S ONE SHORT!!!!!  Ugh, Shawn comes one short!  He put his faith in his friend, and lost.  The audience wanted him to go one more, I wanted him to go one more too.  Oh well.

One Bid 6: SUICIDE BID ALERT!

Pick A Pair: All HAIL John!  Skunk averted!  Thank you!

SCSD 2: Christopher's profession was a producer?  Well....

Showcases: I didn't expect Shawn's showcase to go over $36,000.  I bid $29,000.  Dalece redeems herself!

Looks like Christopher is the ineligible contestant.....no comment on that matter in my honest opinion.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:47:09 PM by Richie »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 10:32:27 PM »
One Right Price was clearly set up to be won today, I guess Dalece underestimated the price of the motorcycles.

I found it strange to see that the last two boxes being eliminated were not shown on camera.  Carol did give the "Alakazam" reveal with some enthusiasm, though, compared to other contestants.

One of the games on Sammy's shirt said "Beat the Clock" on it, wait...that's a different show not a PG!

Very bizarre moment in Temptation-when Sammy said he believed that the second number was a 7, they accidentaly made the first number 8.  We won't be seeing a car worth over $80K until like Season 93 :-P.  Sammy was a nice guy and it's a shame that he lost the car that price was tricky with the repeating 5's.

Wow, that bed in Push Over fetched for less than $3,000; and it was from Ashley, which usually has expensive furniture to offer.

It's a pity that Shawn lost That's Too Much, as he seemed ready to go on to the next price and win but his friends told him to stay put with his first choice. 

John saved the show from being skunked, and I liked how Drew acknowledged that the nobody won a pricing game yet, something he did not do on the skunked show that aired Monday.

Yay, the first appearance of The First Bank of Price showcase this season!

I also liked the four-way split screen at the end of showcase #2, that was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:47:47 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 11:01:15 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6,748

Hottie and ineligible contestant screenshots
Hottie (Dalece), ineligible contestant (Christopher)

Pick a Pair
Trip to the Barbados - $7,174
Rocky Mountain Sunscreen (last appearance:  September 25, 2006, the third-to-last playing of Hit Me, packaged with a trip to Lisbon) - $870

Showcase #1: First Bank Robbery of Price
And speaking of bank robberies, Bonnie and Clyde both died on May 23, 1934, exactly 24 years before the day Drew Carey was born.

4 Apple iPod MP3 Players - $558
Yamaha Portable Electronic Keyboard - $900
Yamaha Venture Light Snowmobile - $7,998
PZ50 Phazer Snowmobile - $6,598

Showcase #2
Trip to Zurich - $8,321
Water Ventures Aquacycle - $4,895
Chevrolet Equinox LS - $22,995

New Prizes
Water Ventures Aquacycle

Your Modeling Scorecard for November 5, 2007
Lanisha Cole
Total:  $58,710
What the contestants won:  $23,877, 6
What the contestants lost:  $34,793, 5
What Christopher was "offered" (They're not counted as wins, and they're not counted as losses either.):  none :)
After 14 episodes
Prizes:  133 (89-44)
Cars:  14 (7-7)
Trips:  16 (6-10)
Season modeling total so far: $714,180

Brandi Sherwood
Total:  $33,806
What the contestants won:  $3,798, 5 (+1)
What the contestants lost:  $27,968, 4
What Christopher was "offered":  $2,000, 1
After 26 episodes
Prizes (yes, the camera is included for statistical purposes):  252 (169-83)
Cars:  25 (5-20)
Trips:  20 (15-5)
Season modeling total so far: $1,197,779

Phire Dawson
Total:  $27,273
What the contestants won:  $3,946, 3
What the contestants lost:  $20,880, 2 (+1)
What Christopher was "offered":  $2,407, 1
After 10 episodes
Prizes (yes, the bed is included for statistical purposes):  88 (57-31)
Cars:  11 (4-7)
Trips:  6 (3-3)
Season modeling total so far: $450,947

And before we go...
This episode should have been shelved and redesignated as #4071X and replaced with a new episode #4071K or taped an episode #4071K(R).  Like #0991K and #3611K, the staffers did not have the time to make those arrangements unlike they did with #0013D, so CBS went ahead with airing this episode.

Your 30 prizes total $129,709.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:40:07 PM by whinbaby »

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »
One Right Price: $4138 is a nice, even price; it should go to the motorcicles. It sounded like some of the audience was suggesting the television, then groaning about it. I think Dalece was confused.

½ Off: Seeing that 16 all by itself made me predict a little. When that was gone, it was down to two of the hardest numbers in my opinion: 7 and 10. 7 because some would say 7's lucky and 10 for $10,000. So lucky 7 did Carol in.

The Temptation of Price: Can Sammy fit in that car? Since I had a feeling a Caliber would be low, I would've went with 5. I got nervous when Sammy said 7. I had good reason to.

Push Over: 4077? What are the odds can that number be right? I would've went with 2407, even if it's an odd number, thinking that a brass bed would be around $3500.

"I do not want another instance of the stinky one this week..."

That's Too Much!: That's Terrible!
I was torn between $19,120 and going one more myself. Remove that man from the audience.

One Bid 6: Tums Ultra cannot fix what David just done here.

Pick-a-Pair: That air freshener did it!!!! Now I'm thinking of a Crossword Getaway here.

"Uh, oh!" Maybe it was a good thing I watched and listened all the way in the end. As soon as you heard it, you just wanted to find out who that person was. "Uh, oh!" Now I know. I can understand the whole thing about being a local CBS employee, but still, I would've stopped myself if I was an employee myself.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 11:25:07 PM »
Showcase #2

Nearly $5,000 for a water tricycle?!  Holy *MRRRRRP*!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »
And before we go...
This episode should have been shelved and redesignated as #4071X and replaced with a new episode #4071K or taped an episode #4071K(R).  Like #0991K and #3611K, the staffers did not have the time to make those arrangements unlike they did with #0013D, so CBS went ahead with airing this episode.

Or perhaps they just never even considered not airing the episode.  That seems infinitely more likely.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 11:52:20 PM »

Showcase #2
Trip to Zurich - $8,321
Chevrolet Equinox LS - $22,995

BRB, that's exactly what I was thinking too. 
I was also bewildered on the Zurich trip too---very EXPENSIVE.  No wonder why Roger made that showcase hard to win.  Apparently Shawn's bid only covered the Equinox and the Aquacycle, but NOT the Zurich trip. 

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 12:11:09 AM »
That explains why I went over by 3k...I figured it was gonna be insane and put it at $8,000.  Sadly, if the SC was just the other two prizes, I would have DSW'd it...
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline logikreader

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 12:22:51 AM »
You know, for a guy who's a TV producer, I thought maybe Christopher would be more cognizant of contracts and eligibility requirements.   Other than that, I'll stay mum.

For the rest of the show:

I liked Sammy, and I thought he stood out.  Ok I didn't mean it like that *wank wank.*  He was a lot of fun, and I was so disappointed he couldn't win Temptation.  It was *soooo* close!  I really thought the car was in the 18k range myself, but him only missing by the 2nd was heartbreaking, I thought.

Anyone notice that Drew has re-coined our term for "el skunko"?  He said, "I hope we don't get a blank-out show today."  That's very good!  Which sounds like a better term for an 0fer on PiR: Skunko or Blank-out?

The extra bonuses for 1/2 Off are not sitting well with me.  Look, are we gonna win some money or are we gonna win some money?  If you get a bonus every time you guess a half-off price, it takes away from the objective.  Isn't it enough that the contestants win the SP's for each correct guess?

Not a bad show today!

Offline DrLove0378

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 12:31:21 AM »

There's been at least one water cycle on the show that was worth even more... I think it appeared in 2002, on the Golden Road -- its price was $9254.  (That contestant went on to win a Dodge Viper RT/10 worth $74,570.)

As far as today's episode...

1 RIGHT PRICE:  Dalece must have been confused up there... after all, the price of 2 identical items MUST ALWAYS end in an even number, since they round off the prices.  I expected the price of the TV to end in 9, so that's why I instantly chose the motorcycles.

1/2 OFF: When the model picked up the box, it came open a little... whereupon I knew that box was empty.  If I was in Carol's place, I would have change my mind upon seeing that.  Not against the rules, as far as I know.

TEMPTATION: I would have also fallen to the floor, just as Sammy did!  Repeating digits in car price =  :clipboard:

PUSH OVER:  I also guessed "4077"... and so would have any other member of my family, because we're all M*A*S*H fans...  ;-)  We would have been wrong, though.  I didn't think the bed would be THAT cheap...

THAT'S TOO MUCH!  The game they play when they REALLY don't wanna give away a car... they should call it THAT'S TOO HARD! :clipboard: Shoulda stuck to his guns and gone one more!   Oh well.

PICK-A-PAIR:  Once again, they use a majority of freakin' random nameless grocery products.  Some of those "fake plugs" are just... wow.  Nice to see at least one game won today, though... "Only on The Price is Right do they give away gallon jugs of suntan lotion!"  That made me laugh, honestly.

SHOWCASES:  Dalece's win was super-surprising -- I thought she went over!  Odds are that she won't be able to use the snowmobiles wherever she lives, though...  I guess she can sell 'em.  (I guessed $23,000 for the car -- and garfed it big time!)

As far as Christopher... his situation sucks, but rules are rules.  Too bad.  Even if he had won his pricing game (still a "no contest" either way), that would have made for a total of only $4907 he would've lost.   At least it wasn't a car.

So this would make for three times (that I know of) that a disqualification-after-the-fact has happened.  One in 1996? (repeat contestant), and the other last year (an employee of Simon & Schuster, controlled by Viacom... who, at the time, also controlled CBS.)  Any others?

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 03:39:13 AM »
Observations, most of which have been said to this point:

1RP: Having sold electronics for the last 8 years at various retailers, most electronic devices tend to end in 9 or 0.  Big-ticket electronics (your TV's, high-end cameras, and the like) are usually right around a multiple of 100.  Immediate trigger to go to the bikes.  Not really the contestant's fault for not knowing that, it just looked bad to me.

1/2 Off: I did see Brandi lift the box open a little.  Too bad for Carol there.  At least she won $1500.

Temptation: I thought for sure one of those last three was wrong, although the Chrysler family is the toughest for me to price.  Guess that's what I get for working most days during "Price".

Push-over: I had left the room for this one, so I didn't see it.

TTM: They always say your first instinct is more likely to be right, but sometimes the audience knows more.  The former proved to be true that time.

Pick-a-Pair: Thank goodness for one of the easiest games (based on recent stats) in the rotation!  Scat, you skunk!

And since I have to be at work at 11:30, that's when I had to go.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:47:34 AM by Garvin8r »

Offline dm

• My website
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 06:43:07 AM »
He wouldn't happen to be Christopher Francis, would he?

(I didn't see the show and Innertube has been antagonizely slow for me.)
And his CBS affiliate gets a chance to plug the show.

F***ing great.

This assclown goes on to be a shill for his station, keeping someone else from winning prizes legitimately. He ought to be fired, if the station wants to save face in the eyes of Price fans.