Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/29/2007  (Read 14592 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/29/2007
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »
PLINKO: again?  When was the last time Plinko was played twice in one week...

Well don't forget these shows are being aired out of order.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »
Lucky $even - That was about as well as you can play the game. Anytime a contestant can employ the "choose 5, and win unless it's a 0" strategy is pretty good.
Balance Game - I probably would have gone with $4593 myself.
Plinko - Cool, I was exactly right for the doubler! That was a pretty tough mix of SPs.
One Wrong Price - I was thinking plasma here.
PTB - Oh, that was over a pound of cookies. No wonder they were so expensive.
Flip Flop - No way should this have been lost. This game was basically a gimme.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 09:43:59 PM »
Drew seemed kind of off today.  Maybe it was because he was sick (which was painfully obvious -- I felt bad for him being up there when he clearly had a cold), and maybe it was because it was only the first or second time he'd hosted some of these games, but he seemed halfway lost at the end of Pass the Buck, and he was kinda flippant about the Flip Flop loss and the beginning of the Showcase.  It just didn't come off well.

Come to think of it, the end of Lucky $even wasn't all that great, either...there's nothing wrong with demanding the money -- heck, Bob did that all the time -- but Drew didn't show any excitement until it was in his hands.  He probably ought to not do it that way again.

On the other hand, though, his comment after Scott said he didn't know what Plinko was was great:  "Everybody at home wants to stab you in the back right now." :)

Has anybody noticed that pretty much every time the first number in Lucky $even has been 2 this season, the 2 has been halfway falling down?

I like how Drew plays up 1 Wrong Price's name the same way he does 1 Right Price's.  Bob never did that -- and in fact, he got its name wrong more often than not -- and it was always sort of annoying.

Wow, the show's logo is on the floor of the raised stage now.  When did that happen?

Can someone tell me what GARF stands for? Checked the FAQ's and I couldn't find it...

"Garffing" is G-R chat lingo for massively underbidding on a showcase.  It's taken from our member Garffreak, who became known for doing exactly that several years ago.

EPISODE #4104K - Taped October 29th (we're definitely getting back to normal - this was the intended airdate!)

Actually, at this point the tape-to-air lag would put us closer to Christmas than Thanksgiving if things were normal. But we're getting there!

Be that as it may, WarioBarker was basically correct.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »
Really? Hmmm.

Meanwhile...

One-Bid #5:  A rare occurence of all contestants giving stupid bids.

And on what basis do you consider Franklin's bid stupid? He was the last bidder that round, so anything over $400 would have won. He did the right thing. Let them lowball it and make them pay.

Strategy has to account for something here. That and perhaps dumb luck.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:04:42 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »
Well don't forget these shows are being aired out of order.

This is true. I was just wondering when the last time Plinko was aired twice in one week.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:06:45 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 10:28:33 PM »
How many times is the logo in-studio now?  Oh geez, it's a lot...the one on the back platform of course, and then the two logo insignia, along with the one on the turntable and of course the three Big Doors.  And let's not forget the stickers on the lights...far as I know there's two of those.

That's a total of...nine that I know of.
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »

You forgot the giant price tag!

Interesting to note that if you watch the first Item Up for Bid, the pictures in the background of the Home Gym are actually blown up copies of Price is Right Tickets!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »
IUFB 1: Scott, Anthony bid 2100.  Rae bid 2500.

Lucky Seven: Wow, Rae really did well with this game.  She definitely stopped Roger in his tracks today.  $21,569 was a NASTY price for that Jeep.  She had enough money to win though!  Anybody pulling the all 5's crowd will lose on the last number. 

IUFB 2: A Mountain dew in a coke machine?  Weird....

Balance Game: Mexico trips are cheapos.  I thought $3000 plus along with Erica.  Erica's going to Mexico!

Plinko---Scott, you don't know Plinko?!!  Anyways the game proper before I lose it: The first SP was a toughie---I also thought 1.  As for the chips, $1500 is all Scott can muster.

SCSD 1: I wanted Rae to win, but the big wheel shoots her down, UGH! 
As for Scott's second spin, no comment.   His bonus spin was pure heartbreak.

One Wrong Price: That was easy---the scuba was overpriced.  Good job Tina.

Pass the Buck: The GPs were easy.  Franklin gets $6,000!  Nice job!  I would have quit with the $6,000 too.  If I had gone on, I would have picked 1.

Flip Flop: I said FLIP.  Rosezena says FLOP.  Rosezena should have FLIPPED.  Yeah, this was an easy setup, yet Rosezena blows it.

Showcases: Ouch Scott overbids by so little!  Rosezena redeems herself today!

Offline jcron

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:52 PM »
How many times is the logo in-studio now?  Oh geez, it's a lot...the one on the back platform of course, and then the two logo insignia, along with the one on the turntable and of course the three Big Doors.  And let's not forget the stickers on the lights...far as I know there's two of those.

And don't forget the clam shell (it has the logo on it too now)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:54 PM »
And don't forget the clam shell (it has the logo on it too now)

No it doesn't.  The only version of the Clam that had the logo on it was the original one.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 11:54:13 PM »
I found it funny that Scott clearly was not paying attention to the previous bids on the First Item Up For Bids.

Lucky 7- Good going Rae! She defeated the DOB!

Balance Game- Wow two wins in a row!

Plinko!- All though I sometimes don't really care for Plinko, It's still not a bright idea to look at the host and say "What's that?". People might jump you in the CBS parking lot. lol. JK.

Pass the Buck- I have to be honest, I thought Drew was sounding bad enough that he should've put one of the Halls Naturals in his mouth. I wouldn't have blamed him if he did.

SCSD2- I was beginning to wonder if Drew's voice was gonna last. Of course I thought of a quick solution to allow Drew's voice to rest, have one of the models or Rich come out to host the Showcase Showdown segment.  

Extra Comments- Despite Drew being sick, he tried to be real energetic. When he came out his actions said "I maybe sick, but I'm not gonna let it keep me from doing this taping so bring it!" Good job Drew and we all hope you are feeling better. And I like that floor mat logo on the platform in the audience. I'm guessing that will only be there if there isn't an overflow of attendees.
All in all today's show gets an A-

Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline bigdog444

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
Lucky $even: Even though Rae practically had the game won by having a four-dollar leeway on the last number, I'm going to declare a DOBSTOPPER here. Having a 1 and a 9 in a L7 price makes the game just begging to be lost. Drew should have known that Rae had won right when the 9 was revealed, but since he was a bit under the weather, I'll let it slide.

Balance Game: Easy because all the possible prices looked too expensive for Mexico City, and indeed going with the cheapest option was right.

Plinko: In a way, I'm glad Scott didn't win big.

One Wrong Price: I would have chosen the TV...and then had been serenaded by the losing horns.  :oops:

Pass the Buck: $6000 bucks ain't too shabby. Drew's Oreo comment is the best thing he's done so far this season.

Flip Flop: Probably should have been won, $5395 was the only choice that looked good.

Showcases:
 :frts: - $26,500 (-$2,156)
Starcrossed - $18,000 (-$3,626)

Show Rating: 3.5 Goodson-Todman Asterisks
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 12:44:44 AM by bigdog444 »

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 02:32:29 AM »
I wasn't too sure if it was a signal problem or Drew being a bit under the weather. That's my view. After skimming much of the post here Drew was indeed sick. But he did a good job under these circumstances.

Lucky 7: Rae blew the last number there. However she did well on the earlier numbers so with that she had enough money barely to get the car. Good job.

Balance Game: I figured it would be $3593 for the trip to Mexico City.

Plinko: The audience had every right to boo at Scott after not knowing what Plinko is!  :oldevil: $1500 though is his reward.

SCSD #1: To get booed after a puny second spin and then to get a $1 total the next! Unbelievable!  :roll: Anyways I wanted Rae or Erica to win here.

One Wrong Price: I would pick the tv and be wrong.

Pass The Buck: Nice move for Franklin to stop after getting $5,000 on his second pick for a total of $6,000.

Flip Flop: I would flip there. Rosezena did the opposite and was wrong.

SCSD #2: I wanted Franklin to win.

Showcases: I had a feeling that Scott went over. I was right yet he was over by so little. Rosezena wins with relatively great bid.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 02:42:27 AM »
Drew seemed kind of off today.  Maybe it was because he was sick (which was painfully obvious -- I felt bad for him being up there when he clearly had a cold), and maybe it was because it was only the first or second time he'd hosted some of these games, but he seemed halfway lost at the end of Pass the Buck, and he was kinda flippant about the Flip Flop loss and the beginning of the Showcase.  It just didn't come off well.

Yeah Drew definitely was struggling a bit being sick. It almost reminded me of when Bob had laryginitis that one episode. I never have seen it, but heard a clip, boy did he sound bad then.

About Pass the Buck too, the way he tossed to break was just weird, particularly when he said "Bye Bye", it was like he was closing the show.

Come to think of it, the end of Lucky $even wasn't all that great, either...there's nothing wrong with demanding the money -- heck, Bob did that all the time -- but Drew didn't show any excitement until it was in his hands.  He probably ought to not do it that way again.

I agree, I would have done something like this:

(last number is revealed, cue dings and theme) YOU WIN THE CAR! Give me 4 dollars.... and now a dollar for the car, and it's yours, congratulations!

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
And let's not forget the stickers on the lights...far as I know there's two of those.
I'm having a hard time picturing which lights you're referring to here.  After all there are a bunch in there, lol!  Where are these at?

There are also I do believe two logos on the stage dropoff, one of which can be seen a few times during the jib camera pans.  (white logo's painted onto the black dropoff).  So that would make 12.