Author Topic: CSS Results for May 8  (Read 7184 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 8
« on: May 08, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »
What an expensive spa. I suppose we should all know that a Splendido showcase must have something to justify the name (and the Broyhill living room doesn't count). And then there was the Mustang convertible which fortunately only tripped up a few people. Along with the Mustang came several excellent bids, including a $25 DSW for PriceFan985.

BuddyTom and Chief-O both guessed the amount won in Plinko today ($1500) and so they both double their points. I am representing Plinko doubling in pinko. :-D ::waits for the boooooooo::

[Please note that with the new forum software, in order to view the graphic spreadsheet clearly, just click on it. It will open in a new window.]

Chatroom Showcase Showoff Scores
May 8, 2006

BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CSS Results for May 8
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »
WOO HOO my first reply on the new fancy schmancy board!!

I backed out of two higher bids.. but very glad i still played it safe.. ( and I correctly predicted I would be somewhere smack dab in the middle today ) ..since like poor Path did today.. I buddy Tommed last friday .. missing an EXP showcase  just barely going over by like 180 bucks... loved the new chat this morning while we all try to get our colors situated.. hehe...  cgts all who rocked today with there doubles.. see everyone tues morning :)

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 03:33:10 PM »
tricky spa shocase, that's all i have to say.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »
Ugh...I actually had I bid that I thought was capable of winning some money, then 985 just comes out of nowhere and wins today.  I swear, it's no fun playing against him!  He's too good, not to mention that there's no possibilities for trash-talking since he's so quiet about it!  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »
I told you all I was going to get monies because Robair went over and none of you were either a) not paying attention to the JACUUZI! or b) too chicken to bid higher.

I'll take my 93 points and 2nd place finish, too (last Plinko doubler didn't affect rankings)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »
I played it cautious today, and I shouldn't have. I've been hot lately, so I don't know why I was worried about overbidding. Plus, it's the money that counts, so I've got to be aggressive. Oh well, one subpar day shouldn't hurt me.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »
Money?  Psh!  Money's worthless!  Points are where it's at!  :)

Oh, and I settled on $17,250 because it's what I used for a 'test bid' when Buddy and I were testing the new chat room last night.  Still, I'm happpy with that bid today.  (We'll just ignore the fact that 91.75 actually decreases my average slightly.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:01 PM »
Money gets you into the playoffs, so that's why I care about it more than points. And right now, I'm still in the hunt.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:32:32 PM »
And I thought I was guessing just for fun, who knew I'd come closer on the second SC today!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23