Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/30/2007  (Read 12270 times)

Offline bigdog444

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/30/2007
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »
Five Price Tags: An SP/Car game finally gets an airing under the Carey administration! Unfortunately, I cannot say that a contestant was finally not fooled by the Mustang coupe's cheapness.

Power of 10 Grand Game: Pretty much a tossup among the nasal spray, tweezers, and Senakot for the one that was less than $8.00. I probably would've taken the thou.

Shopping Spree: Pretty easy, though I can see how the fireplace may have fooled some people.

Switch?: Easy because the distance rule applied, but both prices seemed too high for either trip.

Cover Up: Bertha goes with her gut instinct and wins! <hums Losing Horns to the peanut gallery>

Squeeze Play: I would've said $6850 as well. The right price, $6650, like most prices where the same digit appears in two places in a row, didn't look good at all.

The Big Wheel has been ON FIRE this season.

Showcases:

Game Room/Piano - $16,000 (-$2499)
Garage - $28,000 ( :gotc:)

Show Rating: 4 Goodson-Todman Asterisks

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 11:38:17 PM »
5 Price Tags-Hurray, it's back!  Another person gets tripped up by the Ford Mustang.

Grand Game-The last choice was tough.  I knew it would be between the nasal spray and the remedy.  Justin picked the wrong one and lost.

Shopping Spree-It's back!  And it was won!  A nice win to end the 1st half.

SCSD #1-That's nice they re-instated the split-screen, but why only use it while the contestant is saying hello to people?  Makes the shot a bit pointless if they're not even going to show the contestant's instant reaction to winning $1,000 or $10,000.

Switch?-The audience was even starting a chant to switch.  Too bad Maha didn't listen to them.  Tough either way.

Cover Up-The audience was screaming for her to pick the 5.  Good thing she didn't listen to them, because shw won a car!

SCSD #2-Woot, an $11,000 winner!

SC #1-I noticed that the paintings in the back were actually Price tickets.  Pretty funny.
SC #2-Looks like we have another new car--the Chrysler Aspen.

I really like Friday shows, and today was no exception.  Drew's learned 2 more games already.  At this rate, he might have them all learned by the end of the year.  I liked his hosting during the show, and that was awesome to see another $11,000 winner on the wheel.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »
Didja know this week's Pricing Game Win-Loss Record was 9-20 in favor of losses?  This week was so sick it wanted to throw up, didn't it?

And it's worse if you use the shows that actually make up this week -- 8-22.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 12:21:59 AM »
Wow, I was not expecting 5 Price Tags to show up today.  They redid the price tags with Swiss 721 font, replacing the venerable Swiss 911.  We also got a rare glimpse of the "NO. #" cards that are on the flaps of the price reveals on the SP podiums.

Only two prices "looked" right for that Mustang-$23,340 and $20,045.  Even though Daniel thought that the Mustang was expensive, I feel that it should have been won.

I personally thought the last product choice in Grand Game was hard for Justin, any one of them, looked less than $8 to the casual viewer.

I loved Drew's interaction with William and how he unexpectedly coughed after sounding so pumped to see him.

Wow, I was not expecting Shopping Spree to show up so soon.  I loved the close-up of the green display that shows how much a contestant needs to spend to win the game, very cool.

I personally expected the spilt screen to be there anytime a close-up of the wheel was needed.  But I guess it's only shown when contestants make shout-outs; I personally would keep the split screen when the wheel slows down to see the contestant's reaction.

Switch was very hard today as both cities are close to each other and the hotel accomodations were pricey for both trips.  But I think the addition of a rental car to the Santa Fe trip made it more expensive.

Bertha's celebratory run around the stage when she won the one-bid was fun to watch and I loved her reaction when the car was shown to her.  It's good that she got the last laugh after the audience disapproved of her decision to choose the 1 for the third number.

Bertha pulled a bit of a Syd on us in SCSD #2, she just grabbed Drew's mic to finish her shout-out.

Wow, another $11,000 winner today!  Randall's victory dance was fun to watch and how Bertha and Maha congratulated him.

They kinda ruined the surprise of a car in the showcase because the tip of one of the backdrops was visible as the first set of boxes was whisked away.

That was a pretty close finish in the showcase, today, by only $508!  Did anyone notice that there was a poster for Dracula on the right wall of the game room, I guess someone forgot to take it down after they taped the Halloween ep.  :-P

I guess I'm starting to warm up to the 2007 prize cues because they are being used more often now and I feel that they suit the prizes well.  It will take me a while to get used to them the way I have accepted the other music packages.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:30:33 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:24 AM »
Ok, am I the only one who noticed that Drew was a bit under the weather. He definitely had the voice of someone who has a cold, he mentionned that he would need a couple of the nasal spray during Grand Game, and tried to play around with a contestant and started coughing! Yeah, he's got a cold!!

But you know, for a sick man (in the literal sense), he did great! And the fact that I watched Tuesday's show (the first taped one) on Innertube just before this one made me realize how much progress he's made in a few months!! He relaxed, he looks at ease with explaining the rules and giving his cues. And the little jokes he made with the SP during 5PT were priceless. The show is definitely in good hands with him.

Great show, but Randall was getting a bit on my nerves. But can't argue with his enthusiasm.

My off-hours CSS Bids (which I made when I watched the show on Youtube, so they won't count ...) :

SC1 : $15,000 / $3,499
SC2 : $37,650 / $5,125

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 06:01:19 AM »
[off topic]Uh, Steve, I'm a nOOb here, so I have no idea what the "BORK" meant.  Maybe if there you have a thread about what the meanings are, I could understand and please point me there.[/off topic]
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
Five Price Tags: After the second prize, I was feeling a little confident that I would get all four choices. I did; Daniel didn't. I don't know if I would've picked the 20, though.

Grand Game: I wasn't too sure on the last product, but I know I would not pick the NasoClear. After seeing those ever-popular Oreos, I instantaneously about 20 of them in a minute.

Shopping Spree: Gotten Easy. It's always that one small prize you got to avoid....

Switch?: No matter what the Peanut Gallery suggested, I still would've left the prices alone. Maha and I should've listened to them this time..

Cover Up: Oy! Bertha took a long time on this one. I wonder how she would do on Ten Chances...
On the second try, it boiled down to a repeated number. I almost gave up. What pressure.

Squeeze Play: Would be the ever-popular middle number? Not always. I knew the 5 had to stay...

Showcase Showdown 2: Made me laugh when Bertha took the mic to continue her hellos. Since we did not get a $10,000 win on Grand Game, we got it here. And it felt good.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline TheThunderBolt

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »
Drew did seem a little under the weather, however it was mor noticable on the 11/29 show than it was here. 

What an energetic crowd today.  It would appear they're really getting into the Drew style now which is really good to see.

Grand Game: Tough Break there.  Although from a previous playing I knew to saty away from the over priced tweezers.

Five Price Tags: Nice to see this classic back on the show. I thought Drew handled it real well.  Too bad Daniel didn't

Shopping Spree: I've rarely seen this one lost, its almost a "gimmie" game.

Switch?: Those prices were tough.  Sometimes it does pay to listen to the audience. 

Cover Up: It would have been funny if the Think Cue ran out before she was done.  Painful to watch, but the end result was good.

Squueze Play: Yikes!! I thought he had it but it wasn't to be.

SCSD2: By far one of the most intresting moments of the season so far. Bertha wouldv'e gone on forever if Drew hadn't had tried to pry the mic back.  Then the great celebration after Randal's $10,000 win.  It's all about having fun and that moment proves it. 

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 02:00:47 PM »
Uh, Steve, I'm a nOOb here, so I have no idea what the "BORK" meant.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have tried to use it as though you did.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
5PT: Yay!  It's here.  I figure $20,045 was the correct answer.

GG: I figured the Senokot was less than $8.

Shopping Spree: I would have avoided the Fireplace.

Cover Up: Frustrating to watch Bertha pull down all the numbers.  I was amazed she won the car.  I would have said 9 as the 3rd digit.

Squeeze: I knew the 8 needed to go away.

SCSD: Interesting $10K dance by Randall.  Also interesting to see his opponents celebrate with him, something that I can't remember happening during the Barker era.

SC: Very good Bid by Randall on the Aspen.  Very close win here.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
5PT: Great to see this game. I figured that Mustang was at least $20K. I do love the Mustang (and I really do!!!!), I just don't understand why the cheapness of the prices keeps shooting players down.

Grand: I feared when she chose the nasal spray, It was over.

Shopping: So obvious.

Switch?: I also would've left them alone.  :oops: Too bad.

Cover: Despite taking a while to decide, Bertha played very well and deserved that car.

Squeeze: $6650?!!....How evil?  :clipboard:

SCSD #2: ANOTHER $11K WIN!!! :-D :-D YEAHHH!!! Everybody showed some love after the win. How sweet.

Showcases: A close call. Both players gave their best.

A 3.75-star show.

Offline tpir4ever76

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 07:18:46 PM »
And it's worse if you use the shows that actually make up this week -- 8-22.

So I counted Plinko, Any Number, and Lucky $even twice.  Big deal.

Peace out!

tpir4ever76 :hammer:
I love the Drew Carey Laugh!  :lol: :hammer:

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 01:40:44 AM »
The Price is Right Game #6,767

The third contestant onstage
The name made me think of Season 31's Ute Werner, who modeled 181 prizes including 17 cars and 13 trips.

Showcase #1: The Game Room
We had some Safenet security systems, and we had some deluxe espresso machines, but when you add a $7,000 GA Systems Home Soda Fountain, Drew Carey has met all three of them!  And to quote Joan Cusack:
Quote from: Joan Cusack as Jessie (Toy Story 2)
Look at us!  We're a complete set!
They sure are now!

Murrey Amidor Pool Table - $3,399
Wooden Game Table - $600
Ragtime West Player Piano - $7,500

Showcase #2: Cleaning out the Garage
Ebonite His/Hers Bowling Equipment - $235
Wurlitzer One More Time CD Jukebox - $8,995
Chrysler Aspen - $33,545

New Prizes
4 Freddy Chairs+Children's Books
Chrysler Aspen