Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/03/2007  (Read 11676 times)

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/03/2007
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 12:00:35 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the same games played in Friday's airing?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »
Train, do you read before you post? This has been noted already.

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 02:36:37 AM »
Most people may notice the same games, but check out the dates they were taped, Friday's aired episode was taped on October 2, Today's aired episode was November 8. As many people know this was the network's decision. I'm still waiting for the day that it's Brandi, Gabrielle & Phire (those are my 3 favorites), Rachel is a close fourth. By the way Happy Birthday to the beautiful Gabrielle Tuite. I call her NADM Gabby (that's Never a Dull Moment Gabrielle).

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »
Shopping Spree - I would have made the same move here. Duffelbags aren't the sort of thing you expect to be over $1000.
5 Price Tags - I was 4/4 on the small prizes here, but for some strange reason (I hadn't had any caffeine yet), I thought the price WASN'T $25495.
Grand Game - Brutal setup today. By process of elimination, I would've picked the Coricidin though.
Squeeze Play - I was thinking first 9.
Cover Up - $21490 was my first guess for the price of the car.
Switch? - Yay, I finally got one right!
Showcases - The less said about my bids here, the better.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »
Shopping Spree-The moment the price of the guitars was revealed, I smelled a loss.

5 Price Tags-Wow, only 1 choice that didn't end in a 5 or 0.  I would've said $23K for the car, then $25K.

Grand Game-Tough loss.  Any one of the 3 items on the left looked like it could have been the last choice.

Squeeze Play-That was really easy.

Cover Up-Another playing where a contestant gets all the numbers except the 4th one.  And another loss.

IUFB #6-Hah, nice move by Nicholas putting his nametag over Lauren's name.

Switch?-A nice win to end the day.

SC #1-It's a post-SCSD cameo of the Big Wheel!
SC #2-It's been quite a while since they've aired an "Around the World" showcase.  It was nice to see.  And another amazing bid; very close to another DSW.  We've had some fantastic bids this season.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 12:45:17 AM »
Wow.  Shopping Spree was actually sort of hard.

I know it's only happening because of the way Roger's doing lineups right now...but how long has it been since Five Price Tags was played two weeks in a row?

I don't normally go on about this kind of thing...but damn, Erin was really cute.

Mark...well, I guess he wasn't a bad contestant, but he struck me as kind of obnoxious.  He seemed to have an attitude about him, and his repeatedly calling Drew "Bob" while in Contestants' Row didn't help.  On the other hand, though, the whole "420" bit is a lot funnier when it's brought up by the host.

You know, it really does suck that 99.9% of the world doesn't know how to play Cover Up correctly.

Nicholas was pretty sharp, what with moving his name tag down to cover "LAUREN" on his shirt.  That was funny.

Using the Big Wheel in the first showcase was pretty cool.

...My wife Erin...

Dude, you are one lucky man. :)

Friday's aired episode was taped on October 2,

No, it wasn't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »
Shopping Spree: I could be wrong at times, but I was confused between the guitars and the bags. What a blow.

Five Price Tags: Honestly, I probably would've got all four tags and still lose here.

Grand Game: I felt good until Erin picked the Senokot. I got worried after that.

Squeeze Play: Oh, this was easy. I knew it had to end in 95 and thought big.

Cover Up: "Snapwell's Cookies!"

One Bid 6: Just kinda seems like a suicide bid here.

Switch?: I wanted to leave them alone. I got a tough break.

Despite the outcomes, I really thought the contestants were awesome.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.