Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/06/2007  (Read 33814 times)

Offline GlennCoco

• Outside in Line
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/06/2007
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 10:20:19 PM »
I'm only partway through the episode right now. In fact, it is paused right after Hope has gotten up to $2,000.

When they called Hope's name, and she ran down, I told my wife I wanted some jello.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »
Orange with shredded carrot in it? (Tasty!)

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »
*sheds tear* That is so beautiful, Kid.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline bigdog444

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »
Triple Play: The Mustang is finally nailed! Great way to kick things off.

Eazy Az 1-2-3: Somewhat tricky because the prices of the tea set and bags were close to each other. In fact I would have lost because I would have put 1 on the tea set and 2 on the bags.

Bargain Bar: I cringed when Lillian picked Bermuda. When the marked-down prices are as far apart as they were today, it's probably best to choose the lower marked-down price...but then again, WHAT DO I KNOW?!?

"In the Bag": The last two bags were quite tough so I would have stopped with $4000 regardless of what I guessed for the last two bags.

Cliff Hangers: Harder then usual; the 20-30-40 strategy still would have worked but would have put Hans in serious danger!

...Hmmm, are we about to see the Ken Ober Memorial Triple Yank?

Money Game:...nope! Luis saves himself and then nails an exacta. When was the last time 95 was actually correct for the back of the car in this game?

Showcases:

:frbs: - $27,550 (-$1,459)
China - $17,360 (OVER)

Show Rating: 4 Goodson-Todman Asterisks

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 11:24:46 PM »
Triple Play - I got tripped up on the F-150, but I had the other two right.
Eazy Az 123 - Tough setup today, but 'twas a win for me.
Barker's Bargain Bar - Wow, I never would have expected Boston to cost that much.
It's In the Bag - I would've had the trash bags in the $2.99 bag.
Cliff Hangers - Good to see we had a player today!
Money Game - An EXACTA for me as well.
Showcases - On percentage, this was probably my best CSS performance yet this season. And the Priceapedia was another of those "fun" showcases, although I somehow doubt the accuracy of some of the "facts" contained therein.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »
Triple: The EVIL Mustang be damned.  :-P Elva nailed that very well and her reaction after winning it all was magnificent.

Easy: So obvious (even for some "El Cheapo" stuff  :-P).

BBB: Too bad.

IITB: The $5.99 bag was KILLER. I would've took the $4K and run.

Cliff: Very well played.

Money: Front and Back. Just like that. Very good.

Showcases:  Showcase #1: :frbs:= :gotc: I also want to but the Priceopedia if it ever bacomes a real book.  :-D

A 4-star show.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 02:52:23 AM »
Triple Play: Great playing by Elva there. I would lose it by getting the first car wrong.

Easy As 1-2-3: I actually went with the audience. We both were wrong. Great win for Junequa.

Barker's Bargain Bar: When the difference of the trip to Boston was displayed it was no doubt what the outcome would be.

It's In The Bag: I had a feeling that body wash was $5.99. Shame Hope didn't win it. She had such great energy.

Cliff Hangers: Varun played that game so well.

Money Game: Too simple.

Showcases: Boy did Lillian garfed on her showcase. Great bid by Verun to win it all today.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 03:07:18 AM »
WOW!  Triple Play was won today, but what happened to the clangs and whoops?  They weren't sounded today, unlike after previous T.P. wins.  As far as Easy As 1-2-3 goes, those were the cheapest set of prizes that I've seen offered on this game; I could be wrong in saying they're the cheapest that's been offered in 1-2-3's history.  Even thought the prices were kinda cheap, I still would've tabbed the drums for #3, but would've been stumped by the tea set and the bags.  WOW, it's nice to see that Drew's Discount Den Bargain Bar played for two trips, but I still can't fathom a trip to Boston being THAT expensive.  That "In The Bag" playing was a bummer today; I would've hit the ol' bailout button at $4000. 

Now, as for today's Cliffhangers and Money Game playings today, one word best describes them both:  AWESOME!  :-D

As far as the Showcases are concerned, Lillian garfed really badly; that boat sure wasn't cheap!  On the other showcase, that must've been one cheap trip to China, but Verun made a GRRR-eat (TM) bid and won it!  As for me, I Willy'd it...  :-(

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  B+  (yes, I'm getting rid of my GPA system and giving out letter grades from now on...)
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 03:47:44 AM »
I just learned the beautiful Hope has a website via google, go HERE and check out her pics, a beautiful and spirited girl who unfortunately should've bailed on IT'S IN THE BAG!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:54:03 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
Wow, Triple Play was won today!  Usually, contestants would think a Mustang is super-expensive, but Elva did not think that and picked the right price.

Those were some pretty cheap prizes in Eazy Az 1 2 3; they only totaled $3,080!

I was kind of laughing at the fact Hope brought a hand clapper down with her.  It was a shame that she did not bail out when she did, she was very confident that she had the $8,000 bag right.

Cliff Hangers has a perfect win record so far this season, and I am anxious to see how Drew will react when Hans falls off the cliff.

Varun played Money Game very well and I belive we have our first slam dunk in this game for this season.

I thought the Pricepedia showcase was very entertaining.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 03:15:43 PM »
Was it just me when it came to Hope? I really enjoyed her, until she started screaming. Good lord, that voice was annoying.

That's why models should be seen, and not heard, I think....

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 03:16:42 PM »
I'm only partway through the episode right now. In fact, it is paused right after Hope has gotten up to $2,000.

When they called Hope's name, and she ran down, I told my wife I wanted some jello.

Um...dare I ask why you wanted us to know this?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jcron

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »
There is a lot remarking on the Boston trip...was there not a lot of people that heard that the hotel was luxuriess...when the word "Luxury" is in the description of a trip hotel, the trip is expensive.  Whenever playing Bargain Bar, if you go with the cheapest, about 90% of the time it is a win.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Cliff Hangers was nicely done. Any time you win with Hans under the 10th step is a job well done.

HOTTIES: #64, Elva; #65, Hope (who arguably is the hottest contestant this show has ever seen... a screencap wasn't enough, so what the heck, I uploaded the two segments she was on!) :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Elva
SHOW GRADE: 2

I just learned the beautiful Hope has a website via google, go HERE and check out her pics, a beautiful and spirited girl who unfortunately should've bailed on IT'S IN THE BAG!
As Drew would say, 1,000 points to you for that link. :-D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:48:02 PM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 11:59:07 PM »
Guys,

I got cursed on Triple Play's Mustang!!!!!  ARRGGHHHH!!!  How many times has their been a loss on the first car?  This was an excellent show today, with some great moments!!!  I really was "Hoping" that Hope would win BIG!  Her excitement was genuine and wonderful!  The crowds are really warming up to Drew now, and he is doing very well with contestant interactions.  Drew is really making price special to them and for them.

But does anyone know why Drew is still not calling "It's in the Bag" by its rightful title?  Is Freemantle Fremantle telling Drew to not say "It's" to save time? hahaha!   :D :D :D :D :D

Joe

(MOD NOTE: SPELL CHECK! - JC)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:42:25 AM by Joe_Capitano »