Author Topic: Yolanda Bowsley  (Read 18056 times)

Offline Trevtpir

• Walking the Golden Road
Yolanda Bowsley
« on: December 06, 2007, 06:02:42 PM »
Does anyone know what Yolanda Bowsley's been up to do these days?  30 years ago she became very famous when her tube top came off.  I was kind of wondering if she's lived it down 30 years later.  After all the fame she got from her incident, has she ever spoken about it in interviews?  I have a feeling she's soon to be immortalized on DVD this coming spring.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Yolanda Bowsley
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
I've done some Google and People Search queries in recent years and found absolutely no trace of her except that one show.  Given the number of times she's been mentioned in connection with numerous anniversary shows and specials, it's been my suspicion that perhaps Ms. Bowersley is no longer with us.  If she is, she clearly has no interest at all in reliving that moment or being contacted.

Offline GrandGame1440

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »
Is it possible that she (re)married and now has a different last name?  I figure that might be why she hasn't been found.  But still, CBS probably could have the power to find that out easily as well.

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 06:24:20 PM »
I heard someplace that she's a melon farmer now.

(OK, I made it up.)

:D

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:17:29 PM »
With all the embarrassment she had, maybe she moved to a country that doesn't air the US TPIR!
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
I heard someplace that she's a melon farmer now.

(OK, I made it up.)

:D

Actually, I've seen the infamous moment uncensored.  They wouldn't qualify.  Before anyone asks, yes, I have the clip in question.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 10:28:37 PM »
She could have been so embarrassed about it she changed her name...

Unlikely, but possible. I think everyone but her friends and the LFATs would have collectively forgotten about it.
-S.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:24:35 PM »
Actually, I've seen the infamous moment uncensored.  They wouldn't qualify.  Before anyone asks, yes, I have the clip in question.

"Ever hear of YouTube?" ;)

Offline AdStrommy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

And how the he\\ did you get your  hands on that?

Offline dabosss

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:55:27 PM »
"Ever hear of YouTube?" ;)

Ever heard of "uncensored" , smarty pants.

A tv station I used to work at had a copy of the uncensored clip as well. It got passed around long before the days of the internet, the station used to air TPIR, however I believe it was provided by a friend of a friend type scenario.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 09:12:54 PM »
And how the he\\ did you get your  hands on that?

I downloaded it a long time ago from some website.  It's from a Mexican TV show that featured an interview with Bob.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:59:19 PM »
She could have been so embarrassed about it she changed her name...

Unlikely, but possible. I think everyone but her friends and the LFATs would have collectively forgotten about it.
-S.
Except Bob brings it up all the time.  Also, I just saw it again tonight on TVLand's list of the 100 Most Unexpected TV moments...and it was pretty high up there.  So it's out there in the realm of television history.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »
Except Bob brings it up all the time. 

That's exactly why it's "the most talked about incident in 'Price is Right' history"; because he kept bringing it up!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
I downloaded it a long time ago from some website.  It's from a Mexican TV show that featured an interview with Bob.
Here's a link to a website which shows the clip uncensored... this one is from an interview Bob did with a TV channel from Quebec (the interview is in English with French subtitles).
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
Ok, forget what I said earlier.  It was French-Canadian, not Mexican.  (Oops!)  That happens to be the very clip and website I was talking about.  I recognized it after I clicked COINBOYNYC's link.  I'm not familiar with foreign languages so I just guessed at what the subtitles were supposed to be.  My apologies.