Author Topic: Worst commercial on TV?  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
Worst commercial on TV?
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
I'd like to know people's opinions on what the worst national commercial on TV is right now (whether or not it airs on TPIR).  For me, it's a Hallmark ad where a mom is videotaping a soccer game her little kid is playing in.  The little parasite accidentally dribbles the ball over the end line, so it picks the ball up in its hands, sets it down right in front of the goal, and kicks the ball into the goal.  Then, the mom belts out this very annoying laugh.  The mom and kid both deserve a paddling.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Worst commercial on TV?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Without a doubt, it is the Hoveround commercial where the creepy old lady sings "You made me love you...".
I dare you to top that!

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
A year or two ago, I had done a roundup column of the worst commercials of the year (in June of course), unfortunately, I was not able to make a go of it to turn it into an annual event.  Right now, I absolutely HATE the Campbell's commercials with the idiot office worker who won't take the darn bowl out of his mouth for five seconds, and when he does, we get a stupid grin from this guy, and sometimes we see his mouth stqained with the soup (EWWWWW!).

Then there are the three guys debating the merits of RAISIN BRAN CRUNCH.  Question one:  do they have absolutely NOTHING else to talk about?  I enjoy McDonald's hamburgers, but I don't go on about it 24/7.  Question two:  Why do the first two guys even BOTHER to hang out with that third doofus?  I swear if he ever said anything remotely intelligent, I'd fall off my sofa.

Finally, whoever wrote this ought to be pink slipped from his or her ad agency immediately:  "It's the most sophisticated piece of early pregnancy detection you will ever pee on."  Say it with me: YUCK!!!!!
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »
All of them.  They're ALL annoying.

However, the most annoying ones come from many of my local car lots, particularly the Fucillo car dealers (anyone from upstate New York or even parts of Ontario that get NYS stations would know what I am talking about), with the "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!" at the end of every commerical.  Another annoying one is one that had talking animated cars on it.

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »
All of them.  They're ALL annoying.

i couldnt agree more. im literally muting every commercial there is now. the ones ive grown to hate the most are Nutrisystem ads. funny thing is how the people who tried them claim that "all you have to do is eat." if you look at one of the small details, you will see that the company also recommends that you excerise to obtain full results. thats one reason why i hate the ads, along with the annoying people you see.

Head-On. need i say more? they dont need 20 different "spin-offs" and commercials seen every few seconds.

the AutoConnection commercials, which is a local one here in Newport News, VA, contain the most annoying and ugliest people you will see. think Deal or No Deal couldnt top it? think again!
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Online Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
However, the most annoying ones come from many of my local car lots, particularly the Fucillo car dealers (anyone from upstate New York or even parts of Ontario that get NYS stations would know what I am talking about), with the "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!" at the end of every commerical.  Another annoying one is one that had talking animated cars on it.

Billy Fucillo. Obnoxious to the nth degree.

You can't get away from that man in Buffalo. His commercials, billboards, being plastered on half of the Metro Busses in the city...geez!

"It's HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, Tom Park, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-GAH!"
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:19:10 PM »
Now I know why I detest the Hoverounds; in fact, I believe somebody on these boards a while back coined this parody:

"YOU MAAAAAAAADE MEEEEEE SHOOOOOOOOOT YOOOOOUUUUU..."

:-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »
DirecTV's spots with celebrities/movie characters doing the hawking. Beyonce's mug-for-the-camera spot (as well as that obnoxiously pinheaded song she does) makes me want to cancel my subscription and revert to cable.

Miller Lite's "More Taste League" spots. The "commish" has all the personality of a slice of burnt toast.

The car commercial with the driver and the forest critters singing Andy Kim's "Rock Me Gently." The digital compositing was unconvincing and the whole thing didn't make sense.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »
Probably the commercial where the guy keeps getting nailed by the golf balls b/c he can't hear.  Haha..........very funny.  :roll:

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 06:30:08 PM »
Just thought of another one...."The DETROL Discussion".  If I were that lady, I'd be more worried about the fact that a stencilled Ladies' Room sign was trying to have a conversation with me than the fact that I had to go to the bathroom again.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 02:06:34 PM »
There are these two car dealers in the Raleigh-Durham (Triangle) area, and they're both annoying as  :oops: and just as ubiquitous.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 02:09:36 PM »
The Worst: Any of the Wendy's commercials where the stupid "Wendy" hair is shown on someone's head. (My current fav: Any of the Burger King commercials--even though they're played a thousand times each it seems, it's hilarious to hear Peter Thomas from Forensic Files say "Anything else is a freakin' disappointment.")

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
Lately Honda's "Holiday-Duh" bits have become excessively grating to watch, but at least with the season winding down they'll be off the air soon. 

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »
Without a doubt, the "Russell Oliver Jeweler" commercials that air in Ontario (Footix and Fieldsy most likely know these). There's a gold dealer/trader in downtown Toronto who makes his own commercials with the slogan "Oh yeah" (It's really forced to sound 'cool'). Stations will even show his Halloween commercials (Kids coming up to his store trick-or-treating) off Halloween season.  :-o

It got worse when he made a commercial where he's singing and flashing around tons of money with 4 scandilly-clad women dancing behind him. "I'm the Cash Man! Give you money for your gold, oh yeah! Yes I'm the cash man, give you money for your gold....OH YEAAAAAAAAH!".

Others that deserve mentioning -

- Head-On - Oi, enough!
- Hoverround - Annoying, and only good if you have money or good medical insurance. It's a high-tech electronic wheelchair, no matter what the commercial for Hoverround or other electronic mobility-chair commercials state, they are NOT cheap.
- Medical commercials that take 2 minutes to describe their side effects - Side effects may include: Drowsiness, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, irregular heart beat, nausea, vomitting, abdominal pains, heartburn, indigestion, headaches, depression, knee pain, hyper-activity, running nose, dizziness, malaise, dermatitis, dry mouth, or a rare, but extremely-harmful and fatal, side-effect.
- Commercials that are meant to be funny, but if thought of in the real-sense, are absolutely freaky (The latest Wal-Mart 'It's true!' commercial has a Wal-Mart employee on a family's sun roof, while their eating dinner, knocking on it and saying 'It's true!'. If that happened it real life, it would be scary).
- Perfume commercials - What does a celebrity dancing around have to do with a perfume?
- Tag/Axe - Oh boy, if I wear these sprays-that-teenagers-use-as-flamethrowers I'll have sexy women jumping all over me in over-elaborate situations.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 07:12:24 PM by Enzo Aquarius »
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!