Author Topic: Worst commercial on TV?  (Read 5914 times)

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Worst commercial on TV?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
Another one that's really horrible is the series of Toyota-thon commercials where they show people destroying their old vehicles as an excuse to buy a brand new Toyota.  Nothing says "funny" like insurance fraud.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »
Those Publisher's Clearing House commercials with the people screaming in triplicate have gotten old pretty fast.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
Now I know why I detest the Hoverounds; in fact, I believe somebody on these boards a while back coined this parody:

"YOU MAAAAAAAADE MEEEEEE SHOOOOOOOOOT YOOOOOUUUUU..."

Yep, that was Robert Searcy that brought that tradition to our chats....

My least favorite---and I was reminded of this at another board...was those "Ranch Tooth" commercials.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »
I've found the commercial for the Taboo board game to be annoying because of the fact that the man was asking his wife what she wants. For each choice, she makes a buzzing sound. She does it in the end when her husband tries to kiss her good night. UGH! I hate that. I wish I can smack her.

In case you don't know what I mean,
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:50:34 PM by jwatson2973 »

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »
I've found the commercial for the Taboo board game to be annoying because of the fact that the man was asking his wife what she wants. For each choice, she makes a buzzing sound. She does it in the end when her husband tries to kiss her good night. UGH! I hate that. I wish I can smack her.

In case you don't know what I mean,

i couldnt agree more. i also find that annoying, but i find it old too. its been on for months now...
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »
Here's what I also think is annoying, commercials where these "muscle men" show off their bodies and the women going ga-ga over them. Makes me want to puke. Especially the ads for Axe, Tag, or Bod.

Plus, during NASCAR season, these four women going ga-ga over Kasey Kane in the Allstate ads. ARGH!!

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 02:25:57 AM »
I'm really sorry for doing this jwatson, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to spelling some things right, it's spelled Khane...plus that's those are funny commericals.

I'd love to find the people who thought of the "___On" commericals (HeadOn, ActiveOn, etc). Those commericals are the most annoying things EVER! I have to change the channel at the end of WoF b4 they come on.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »

I'd love to find the people who thought of the "___On" commericals (HeadOn, ActiveOn, etc). Those commericals are the most annoying things EVER! I have to change the channel at the end of WoF b4 they come on.

The reason those commercials don't say what the product does is that the product doesn't do anything.  It's just a homeopathic "remedy", which is as effective as a placebo. 

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
I'm really sorry for doing this jwatson, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to spelling some things right, it's spelled Khane...plus that's those are funny commericals.

That's okay. I must've forgotten how to spell it.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Ah, don't forget these commercials...

"This product is so amazing, just ask these consumers!"

"I've tried _____ and it's amazing, my life wouldn't be the same without it" *Speaker receives money off-screen for the comment*

CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »
Right now, I absolutely HATE the Campbell's commercials with the idiot office worker who won't take the darn bowl out of his mouth for five seconds, and when he does, we get a stupid grin from this guy, and sometimes we see his mouth stqained with the soup (EWWWWW!).

You think those are bad?  How about the ones they've been running every holiday season for who-knows-how-long-now that start with a snowman entering a house and at the end, we learn the snowman was really just some kid?  If you ask me, those have worn out their welcome.

As for my vote for worst ad on TV, maybe not now so much, but if this was a year or two ago, I would say those ads that reminded us to visit americanchemistry.com at the end...you know, the ones that had various objects melting left and right?  That was SCARY!  WAY too scary to be shown on TV in the 2000s, IMO.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »
Quote from: Chief-O
My least favorite---and I was reminded of this at another board...was those "Ranch Tooth" commercials.

Aww... those were classics!

But the real answer--the definitive answer:  any with Billy Mays.  Could a spokesman be any more annoying!