Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2007  (Read 60980 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2007
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »
Ah, the Christmas episodes are underway here. I'm in a festive mood. I don't see the dreaded tree. Oh, well.

Safe Crackers: I said 740 just because I think someone would pay more than $500 for a GPS system. "They made (Linda) do it!"

Money Game: It's that simple: wear a shirt saying you need a car. You may get that opportunity... if you know how to play the game. (It was that one moment where Joseph wanted to know what he was doing during gameplay.) Since it wasn't going to be F-n-B this time, I thought 50 would be right. This time, I got had by the B-n-F, the Back-and-Front trick.

Grand Game: When Drew said "grand", I predicted this game would appear. Near the end, I forgot what the second bottled product was and I completely forgot about the Kaboom, even though I noticed it during the description. I went with the body wash and blew it.

Clock Game: Lauren kinda made me think this game is hard and nerve-racking. It is if you think that. Since we only got two seconds left, I would've attempted a 999 and an 899-like attempt.

"Oh, no. We can't start the holiday shows like this...."

Card Game: Ew-ooh. Only $1000. This is going to be tough. I probably would have went one more and would still lose by so little.

Squeeze Play: I got tricked again with that 9! I thought that was right.

"It's a (Skunk) in a Box! A (Skunk) in a Bo-ox, gang! ..."

The heavy aroma still hung heavy in Studio 33, because games were lost, all lost! No cars, no trips, no GPS System, no spa, bedroom set, ten grand, tools, or a computer! Lost, all lost!

That was what just the figurative imagination that was on my mind as I watched the show? I never said this was a bad show. As I think of the good things: $179 in Money Game, another grand from the wheel, a sofa, and no Banishments. Although this episode brings me back to my birthday last year. Honestly, if I would've played these games by myself, I would only win Safe Crackers. Some of these games WERE a little challenging today, so it's bound to happen one in a blue moon.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 07:05:14 PM »
OUCH!!!!  El Skunko, the third!!!!  

Safe Crackers: I had a feeling that GPS thingy was $740.  Yeah Linda had the 7 and the 4 as the first 2 numbers, but guess who talked her out of it?  Yep, Linda lost thanks to bad audience advice, and I believe a collection comes to order audience.  On the other hand, I don't think Roger wanted that one won today.
I also noticed Drew putting the $740 tag on his forehead...that's a sign to the audience that "You guys just cost Linda both of those prizes!"

Money Game: I had a sneaking suspicion Roger was going to pull a fast one in this game today---I was right---I had a hunch the 64 was the back and I was right---the 95 and 50 were the red herrings that Roger set the trap for the back and Joseph fell for it.  Tough break.

Grand Game: Oh thanks a lot audience!!!!!  You just cost poor Charles $1,000!  
On the other hand, looking back at the setup, it was a tossup between the Kaboom and the Dove....I chose the Kaboom.  Yep, Roger's setup was pretty tricky.

SCSD 1: But Charles gets his $1,000 right back!  His bonus spin was pure heartbreak.

Clock Game: Though any smart player can win this game any time, with the sofa being much cheaper than it looks, your average Joe Plinko would have used up 10 or so seconds to get their bids below $1000, so Roger obviously did not want this game won today.

Clock Game: bigdog444, I would have to disagree with you on this one....I don't think Roger would force a loss in this game...it all depends upon how the contestant does the strategy in this game.  In my honest opinion, I don't think Lauren played that well today.  

Card Game: Ouch getting $1,000 margin means TROUBLE.  And the Dodge Nitro's price was pretty pricey, too.  Tough break for Diane...although I thought her bid was decent.

Squeeze Play: Yep, Roger wanted that lost.  Brandon says 4,  I thought 1.  We both lost.  Tricky price for that Miami trip, by the way.

Showcases: Brandon overbids painfully!  Charles overbids on the Mustang showcase!  

Well at least the budget will be safe for now, in Roger's case......

And I don't know if this would fit today's episode for Roger who made most of the games hard today...

"You're a rotten, Mr Grinch...."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:10:31 PM by Richie »

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
I thought the set was nicely decorated today. All of the Christmas "stuff" around looked quite good and fit in the with the show's feel pretty nicely I thought.

It's too bad that the show had so many non-winners today, especially the double overbid at the end.

Someone must've told Drew to stop playing with the flap on his coat pocket. I didn't notice him doing it at any of the parts of the show I watched.

Where I'd like to see Drew improve: REVEALS. Card Game...bland reveal...almost to the point of speedreading the price. There is a nice concept known as EMPHASIS. Goes great with important words  :P  The showcase reveal: Wait until after the price is read to say AWWW. Talk about blowing the suspense...

Offline Fukuoka304

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »
What more can I say about today's show other than it was the worst show so far this season, and the contestants deserve part of the blame for making such poor decisions.

What's going to happen if we get skunked a couple more days? Are we headed for the mother of all losing streaks in TPIR history? What's the longest losing streak in the 36 year history of TPIR? I bet it's about 20 or so.

I don't want to have to wait one or two more days for a winner, or even until the new year. I want to see some winners come Wednesday, and can we PLEASE keep the mistakes to a minimum?

I hope we get some winners on Wednesday, then maybe we'll forgive Drew Carey.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:43:09 PM by Fukuoka304 »

Offline Modor

• In the Audience
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 07:45:55 PM »
Roger obviously did not want this game won today.
Roger obviously did not want this game won today (though if I were playing I would have stopped him for a grand).
so Roger obviously did not want this game won today.
 Roger obviously didn't want either showcase won.
This is quite possibly the most foolish and baseless thing I've read in a long time.  I would have won Grand Game (and can back this up), as well as a couple of the other games.  How the hell do you blame the Clock Game loss on Roger? Get contestants that aren't idiots (which eliminates a large number of people posting in this thread), and you won't have that problem.
Drew was a little off in Money Game, he just yanked the cards off their spots and left the 64 card sitting on top of the car price area at the end.
How does this make him "a little off"? Is it because he's not doing things identically to old man Barker? 

Now I remember why I don't post here very often.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:56:07 PM by Modor »

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »
Well, I got to see the whole show due to my shift at work starting at 12:30, but here's my rundown of "El Skunko III"

Safe Crackers Even I said 470 for the GPS system, boo-urns me

Money Game The ol' front-and-back trick strikes again

Grand Game DANG YOU PEANUT GALLERY!  Even all of us in chat were saying Kaboom for the win

Clock Game One word sums this up: Wha???

Card Game THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!

Squeeze Play I agree that Roger wanted that lost :clipboard:

SCs Loved SC2, but the Heels by Brandon on SC1 was absolutely painful!  :-(

Fieldsy's Bids SC1: 15,397 ($1,742 diff); SC2: 23,000 (Heels'd by $436)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
What more can I say about today's show other than it was the worst show so far this season, and the contestants deserve part of the blame for making such poor decisions.
Did you say "part of the blame?"  Who else is playing the games?  Each game is winnable each time it is played...

What's going to happen if we get skunked a couple more days? Are we headed for the mother of all losing streaks in TPIR history? What's the longest losing streak in the 36 year history of TPIR? I bet it's about 20 or so.
Then nobody will win?

I don't want to have to wait one or two more days for a winner, or even until the new year. I want to see some winners come Wednesday, and can we PLEASE keep the mistakes to a minimum?
You can't be serious...

Forgive him for what?

Honestly I do worry that some of you people place *WAY* too much of your life's happiness on the outcome of a game show....

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 08:25:55 PM »
Was it just me, or did Drew seem kind of bored and goofy today?  He sounded like he was interested in the proceedings -- although that changed as the episode progressed -- and he was acting pretty silly at the end of Safe Crackers.  It was...well, he seemed less professional today than he has on the last several shows.  On the other hand, he also sounded a little sick, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Wow, not a whole lot was won today.  All they gave away was the IUFBs, $184 in Money Game, $1,000 on the Big Wheel, and a sofa in Clock Game.

Lauren really didn't get Clock Game.  That was the most pathetic performance I've seen in that game in a while.

The directing during the Showcase Showdowns today was atrocious.  I think Bart needs to go back and watch a few tapes to see how the split-screen was handled under Alter and Breslow.

Well, with any luck this was deliberately aired first because it had the worst win-loss stats of the whole week.   SURELY there are better things in store!

This week's shows are all in order.  I am under the impression that there's better episodes coming up, though.

This is the third El Skunko in the price is right and the worst one ever.

You do realize that you have no way of knowing this, right?

I had a question for the crew.  On Monday a normal show was aired, but Tuesday was a Christmas show.  Any particular reason for this arrangement?  I assumed Xmas Week shows would be M-F.  I apologize if this was already covered in the FAQ.

There's six tapings in a week, and they're doing a new show on Christmas.  It only made sense to do Christmas shows from Tuesday through Tuesday -- that way, they only have to put up the decorations once.

What's going to happen if we get skunked a couple more days? Are we headed for the mother of all losing streaks in TPIR history?

What the hell are you babbling about?  Five games were won yesterday!

Is anyone else beginning to wonder if this guy's a troll?

This is quite possibly the most foolish and baseless thing I've read in a long time.  I would have won Grand Game (and can back this up), as well as a couple of the other games.  How the hell do you blame the Clock Game loss on Roger? Get contestants that aren't idiots (which eliminates a large number of people posting in this thread), and you won't have that problem.

Now I remember why I don't post here very often.

Well, don't worry...at this rate, you won't be posting here very often in the future, either.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 08:34:06 PM »
Oh boy... an El Skunko. Doesn't get much worse than that.

HOTTIES: #82, Lauren :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Lauren
SHOW GRADE: 2

Heels, I'm surprised you didn't consider Linda a hottie.
Concerning Best Contestant of the day---I'd disagree concerning Lauren.  I thought Brandon was or possibly Charles.  Gosh, I'm starting to sound like Frank here.

Money Game: It's that simple: wear a shirt saying you need a car. You may get that opportunity... if you know how to play the game. (It was that one moment where Joseph wanted to know what he was doing during gameplay.) Since it wasn't going to be F-n-B this time, I thought 50 would be right. This time, I got had by the B-n-F, the Back-and-Front trick.

The Back and Front trick---I like that, whammy.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 08:36:26 PM by Richie »

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:24 PM »
I'm having a world of trouble watching today's show on Innertube; it's very herky-jerky on my PC.  I wish I could afford a DVR-like thing that records shows onto your computer so I can watch it, but unfortunately, I'm not really tech-savvy and sure how to do that. 

You know something, that statement is not only moronic in nature, but it's also a load of bull, very asinine (did I spell that right?) and insensitive in nature.  I've said it a bunch of times already, but I know--from my viewpoint--that Drew has done a very good job with the show so far this season.  Fukuoka's last sentence sounds like that he's blaming Drew for those losses today, and that, in my view, is illogical. 

Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like Gavazzi....  :-D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:25:42 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
If you asked me this show had plenty of highs and lows. We'll start off with the lows. Obviously one of the lows was that we got skunked today! And I was really surprised about that. Drew for some reason also didn't sound like he was in the best of moods. It almost seemed like he was uninterested in some of the contestants.

Now the highs. We'll for one thing it's the start of Christmas Week! The set looked pretty nice with the new set. I was wondering what they would do with the turntable this year too. Sometimes I know they put a wreath on the spinning portion, But it would've looked weird since they now have the logo on it. The other thing is that since we don't always have an overflow now, they should've put up the Christmas tree instead of the new floor sticker. It would've looked better. Another high though I thought was the pricing game lineup today, even with money game being in it. It was nice to start the week off with a game like Safe Crackers instead of Golden Road, Triple Play, or 3 Strikes. 
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »
Look at the bright side.  I thought Brandi and Rachael were cute as elves in their outfits.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 10:21:09 PM »
Obviously, a very disappointing show.  One thing that stuck out to me was when Drew was revealing the price of Brandon's showcase.  He started growing at soon as he mentioned the first 2 numbers.  Build the suspense a little bit better, but other than that, no Drew complaints.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2007, 11:10:23 PM »
WOW!! Just WOW!! Day 1 of Christmas Week and we're off to a helluva start.

Safe: Even I knew that GPS thingy is $740. Drew trying to put the price on his head was funny.

Money: I knew any other digit that ends in 5 or 0 would not be the last two digits.

Grand: It was a toss-up between the Kaboom and the bodywash. I kinda feared another loss when the bodywash was chosen.

Clock: I don't think Clocky is hard at all. It just wasn't her game.

Card: I actually would've stopped at exactly $20K. I would've been screwed by $255.  :-(

Squeeze:  :clipboard: So evil.

Showcases: Rachel and Brandi made me happy in their cute elf suits.  :-D Once again, another willy on another Mustang showcase and if only the RU didn't up his bid by another $500. We would've at least capped it off just like one of last month's shows.

The set looks great and I don't bame Drew's exhaustion after the show we got today. A major downer to kick off Xmas Week '07.

A 1.50-star show.

Hopes of better shows as the week goes by.

Offline Fukuoka304

• In the Audience
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »
I am very disappointed about today's show, and I feel that the contestant are to blame for not showing enough enthusiasm about wanting to win big prizes. I think the contestants might be at fault, because they made too many mistakes today, and poor decisions, and I am worried about tommorow's show. And, no I don't think Drew Carey's to blame for the 6-game losing streak. I do hope it ends soon.

Why must contestants turn winning pricing games into a struggle?