Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2007  (Read 61102 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/18/2007
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2007, 11:48:16 PM »
The Price is Right Season 36, Game #62 (#6,794)

Hottie screenshot
Lauren

Showcase #1
Aegean Holiday Sleepwear - $600
Aico Tresor Bedroom and Laura Ashley - $11,589
Trip to Amsterdam - $4,941

Showcase #2
Worx Revolver Power Tools - $486
Computer - $1,088
Ford Mustang - $20,990

New Prizes
VocoPro Sonic Station
3-Story Doll House
Little Tikes Toys

Your Modeling Scorecard for December 18, 2007
Rachel Reynolds
Total:  $27,106
What the contestants won:  her 3 IUFBs worth $4,009
What the contestants lost:  $23,057, 4

After 23 episodes
Prizes:  213 (146-67)
Cars:  24 (11-13)
Trips:  17 (8-9)
Season modeling total so far: $1,291,116

Brandi Sherwood
Total:  $27,810
What the contestants won:  $2,445, 3
What the contestants lost:  $25,365, 3

After 36 episodes
Prizes:  335 (222-113)
Cars:  36 (10-26)
Trips:  29 (19-10)
Season modeling total so far: $1,659,006

Tamiko Nash
Total:  $63,787
What the contestants won:  her 3 IUFBs worth $2,198
What the contestants lost:  $61,589, 6

After 4 episodes
Prizes:  32 (22-10)
Cars:  4 (3-2)
Trips:  3 (2-1)
Season modeling total so far: $251,491

Your 20 prizes total $119,117.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2007, 11:53:49 PM »
I am very disappointed about today's show, and I feel that the contestant are to blame for not showing enough enthusiasm about wanting to win big prizes. I think the contestants might be at fault,  ... Why must contestants turn winning pricing games into a struggle?

If you go on stage, infront of tons of people, on television, with a celebrity host, with the ability to win thousands of dollars worth of prizes, you're bound to be nervous and thus be more prone to making mistakes. I personally have never been on TPiR, but there are people here that have, and I have been on stage infront of many individuals, and even then it was nerve-wreaking. This nervousness can cause one to forget the simpliest of facts, which can mess up their strategy.

There's also the fact that people go on TPiR to have fun and to win prizes, and most likely don't study the pricing games as closely as we do. You could write a WHOLE essay on TPiR and the way contestants are affected to be honest. Last week we had a guy who barely reacted when a car appeared, and yesterday we had a guy dive right into his new hot tub, it's to each their own.

Sure, today was a losing day, but there's many reasons why:

Safe Crackers - Peanut Gallery, tough set up.

Money Game - This one always seems to be hard for the contestant due to the many plausible choices. Reliance on peanut gallery played a part as well.

Grand Game - Again, reliance on peanut gallery. Not everybody studies the prices of commonly-used items in TPiR (though the yams are generally known  :lol:)

Clock Game - Nervousness seemed to be the key factor here, plus lack of speed (probably due to excitement and speed of thought)

Card Game - Reliance on peanut gallery, nervousness was evident.

Squeeze Game - Tough set-up ( :clipboard:)

As you can see, there are always reasons for a person losing, and this is usually due to their emotions or the overwhelming support of the audience, whether they're right or wrong.  ;-)

Also remember, each show is different, different crowd and different games with different contestants. Just because we have a losing streak today doesn't mean it's going to be 'bad' tomorrow, for all we know we may have a perfect show with a DSW. We'll have to wait and see, don't worry so much about the outcome of the next show based on another, especially since episodes are aired out of order (except for this week's Christmas episodes).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:02:24 AM by Joe_Capitano »
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline Modor

• In the Audience
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2007, 12:19:43 AM »
Well, don't worry...at this rate, you won't be posting here very often in the future, either.
Yeah, go after me instead of the guy with the moronic opinion.  A fine idea.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »
Something about this show just seemed a bit off.  Drew seemed a bit out of it at some points, like he might have been a bit ill or something.  The contestants were okay, just they were led astray by the audience quite a bit today. 

Safe:  Having seen the same GPS system used earlier this season (with a few more extra software pieces) and used it as an IUFB in my show at UNR last month, I knew the price would be $740.  I think it was around $900 before.  The audience took this one away from Linda...

Money:  Hearing "paint and fabric protection" in the plug led me automatically to the 64 as the last two digits.  But that's an LFAT-watching-at-home realization; Joe Plinko contestant (or, quite possibly me if I had been on stage) would never have picked it with so many other choices ending in 5 or 0.

Grandy:  For me, I can't recall seeing Kaboom on the show for a while and the body wash was a complete unknown, so this was a complete tossup for me as well.  I went with the body wash and would have lost as well.  The audience led poor Charles (and me) astray...

SCSD#1:  Glad somebody got something...

Clock:  This was the worst playing I've seen in quite some time...  This wasn't too hard of a setup, and should've been won.

Card:  I wanted Diane to keep going, but the audience was coaxing her to stop.  I would've stopped around 20k.  It was an SUV type vehicle, $18k was too low...

Squeeze:  This was the only game today where I can possibly see The Dob trying to force a loss.  Nobody, not even any of us, would expect to remove the 9 for the win.  Normally I would've choosen the 1, but figured Roger might try to be tricky today and went with the 4. :clipboard: Yup, he tricked me too...

My showcase bids:  Room/Trip - $15,000; Car - $26,000 (over).

Today's show rating: 2 G-T asterisks.  Not the way to start our holiday themed episodes, but at least the decorations looked nice.  Let's hope the rest of the week is much better.

You know what...I don't think I've ever actually seen a complete "El Skunko" until now...
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2007, 01:15:25 AM »
The greatness and the brilliance of yesterday's show compare to today's horror can not be understated.  This was a disaster!! Except for $1000 on the Big Wheel, everything seemed to come apart like Humpty Dumpty and couldn't be put back together again.

Joe

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2007, 01:25:16 AM »
Yeah, go after me instead of the guy with the moronic opinion.

I think you did quite a fine job of that yourself when you declared that half the people who'd posted in this thread were idiots.

For cryin' out loud, take a chill pill.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:27:28 AM by SteveGavazzi »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2007, 02:43:33 AM »
By far the worst show this season in my opinion.  No games won and a double overbid to boot and we have the first El Skunko of the Carey era. A bland pricing game lineup doesn't help and none of the contestants really stood out.  Also Drew seemed off too but I think he might have a cold again, though not as bad this time.  Oh well there's tomorrow.

I wonder if GoldenBulldog will make an El Skunko III on YouTube?   Hope he does.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:00:24 AM by UltraPrice »

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 03:14:11 AM »
Hey, GoldenBulldog, make that an "El Grincho" because it's Christmas Week!
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2007, 04:00:17 AM »
Safe Crackers: $740 would be my pick.

Money Game: 95 or 75 would have been my picks for the last 2 numbers. Never in my mind it would be 64.

Grand Game: Knew that cleaner was less than $5.00. Thanks audience for costing Charles $10,000 by letting him pick the body wash!  :roll:

Clock Game: It seems Lauren had no clue what she was doing. Well at least she won the sofa.

Card Game: When a $1000 range is picked you fear the worse. Sadly that's what happened here. Tough loss.

Squeeze Play: 1 was my pick to remove there.

SCSD #2: I wanted Diane to win.

Showcases: What a way to end this first depressing day of Christmas week with a double overbid.  :evil:

All I gotta say about this is "Bah Humbug!"  :oldevil:

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »
I wonder if GoldenBulldog will make an El Skunko III on YouTube?   Hope he does.

Well, I'll have to ask for a copy of this show from somebody who has it on their computer; then, and only then, I can start the process of making El Skunko III:  The Search for The Grinch:-D  :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2007, 08:26:37 AM »
Well, I'll have to ask for a copy of this show from somebody who has it on their computer; then, and only then, I can start the process of making El Skunko III:  The Search for The Grinch:-D  :-D  :-D

I prefer the title "How the Grinch Stole Price-mas".
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
SAFEY: That was actually easy.  I said 740, it stood out.  Unfortunately, they can't hear me from home...

MONEY: That was...not as easy.

GRAND: As soon as I saw the $5 target price, I had hard feelings about it...:clipboard:

SCSD1: $1000!

CLOCKY:...No comment.

CARDY: Owwww.

SQUEEZE: Ow.  That was also kinda tough as well...

SCs: A Double Overbid! Owwwwwww.

OVERALL: 1/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
Coming soon to YouTube:

In a world where there is holiday cheer, there was none on CBS in the Bob Barker Studio December 18th, 2007, only one week until Christmas.  The new host of a popular game show got Pepe LePew'd in his worst holiday nightmare.

Featuring a Evil Ford Mustang and a Freaking Random European Vacation from the Showcases from Hell.

From the producer and director of El Skunko and El Skunko II: The Wrath of Roger...

EL SKUNKO III:
How Dob Grinch Stole Price-mas
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 09:36:56 AM by phunguy »
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »
OK, guys. Effective right now. No more campaigning for clips on YouTube. This is a DISCUSSION forum.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2007, 05:53:51 PM »
OK, guys. Effective right now. No more campaigning for clips on YouTube. This is a DISCUSSION forum.

Why?

Seriously, why?  It's not like these things stay on InnerTube forever, and...well, yeah.  I just don't get this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.