Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2006  (Read 25908 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2006
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:43:46 PM »
Production #3641K - Taped June 20, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Jessica Howard

1  Corrtable Foosball Table (L&R)
MARILYN 1300   ALVIN 420   TESSA 500   OLIVER *900   ($1200)

Oliver from Pt. Arthur, TX plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Napoleon Stainless Grill (G)               $1200
Hoist B2 Home Gym (L)                PICK   2460  WIN!
Broyhill Everyday Dining Group (R)          1288

2  Clarion Nice GPS System (G&R)
+Marilyn 1005   +Alvin 1   +Tessa 750   WENDY 800   ($1300)
               STUPID BID

Marilyn plays TEN CHANCES

(Hummer)
Alarm
Clock
Party Tyme
Karaoke
Machine (L)
Ford Focus SE Wagon
(Std., AT, Conv.)(R)
WIN
WIN!

WIN!!
:03
:06
:47

...and so confident was Marilyn that she handed Barker the marker before he revealed
the price of that car - and he took his time doing same.

3  Cusinart Small Appliances/Gold Bond Body Powder (L)
EVA 675   +Alvin 800   +Tessa 502   Wendy *801   ($1065)

Wendy from Columbus, OH plays PUNCHBOARD

Conair Infinity Ceramic Straightener  $50  LOWER   $66
Crosscut Paper Shredder                28  HIGHER   35  *  (23)    100
(Norelco) Rechargeable Shaver          29  HIGHER   39  *  (26)     50
(KitchenAid) Food Chopper              26  LOWER    18  *  (10)    100   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,398   Wendy     60 stay   .60
  6,148   Oliver    95 stay   .95
 20,370   Marilyn   90 + 80    OV   Through to Showcase Round

4  Hatteras Roman Arc Hammock (R + L w/a doggy)
Eva 1295   +Alvin 1000   +Tessa 900   MISA *750   ($811)

Misa plays 1 RIGHT PRICE for two trips...

Washington, DC (6n @ Monaco)(R)   $3759   $3759   WIN!
Vancouver, BC (6n @ Westin)(G)            $2852

5  Justex Avant Garde His/Her Watches (from above)
Eva *1000   +Alvin 950   +Tessa 1101   RENA 1100   ($1010)

Eva plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, ALB, Prot)(G)

[4][3][4]
Rolls:  $1[6][2][1][4]
          [5]      [4]   WIN!

Sandwiches are popular this time of year, but not if you're the filling in one. Such
is the case for Alvin and Tessa. They're stuck in the Row and only one of them - if
either - can get out. Can either of them escape? Who will be banished to the "First
Four" Breakfast Club - where all the sandwiches are made with less than tender loving
care?

6  3 SportsStuff Towables (R)
ALEJANDRO 600   +Alvin 894   +Tessa 1500   Rena *601   ($869)

Alvin and Tessa head off to the clubhouse while Rena from Selma, AL plays
NOW...OR THEN for a Flexsteel Wrangler Living Room Group (L)($6734)

"Then" is Sept. 1996

(1) Duncan Hines Cake Mix                 $1.39  NOW   THEN
(2) Aspercreme Patch                       8.99  NOW   NOW   *
(3) Capri Sun Fruit Drink (10 pk)          3.29  NOW   THEN
(6) (Nature Valley) Granola Bars (12 pk)   3.29  NOW   NOW   *
(5) Gold Bond Cream                        4.89  NOW   NOW   *
(4) Purina Cat Chow (box)                  1.59  THEN  NOW   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$   869   Rena   65 + 95    OV
  7,422   Misa   10 + 35   .45   (Puny 1st Spin)   Through to Showcase Round
 16,444   Eva    20 + 95    OV   (Bob-aided)

SHOWCASE ROUND
Misa has the honor.

SC1-Misa      HOW NOT TO PLAN A WEDDING
BID   $24,000   Hawaiian Shirts
PRICE    21,246   8d Alaskan Cruise (via Vancouver)
DIFF      OVER   Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AT, BlkHtr)(R)

SC2-Oliver   THE FIRST BANK OF PRICE
BID   $22,000   Feel Golf Equipment (R)
PRICE    16,104   3 Heys XCase Carryons (L)
DIFF      OVER   Samick Baby Grand Piano (G)

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $52,651

...and then, there was one.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
Most Expensive- A nice way to start the day off. That was pretty much a dead give away which one was most expensive.

ten chances-Finally someone knows how to play ten chances. Marylin was probably one of the best players in this game.

Punchboard- ugh! I felt really bad for Wendy. She should have won more money than $100 dollars.

1 right price- Washingtion D.c was also what I would choose.

Dice Game- A decent win.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »
Most Expensive: I thought dinettes were expensive, but now they're getting cheap!

Ten Chances: Excellent playing! It would have taken me four chances to get the karaoke machine price right. I knew what the car price was, though. $21,830 for a Focus?!? Maybe in a few years, but not today.

Punch-a-Bunch: The first and the last small prizes were sure to trip up somebody, and the first one did. Wendy just had no luck today.

One Right Price: Nice surprise for two trips! I thought Vancouver was over $3,000, and Washington D.C. was over $5,000.

Dice Game: That Aveo's going to get to about $16,000 in about a year! Eva's win was great!

Now Or Then: Should not have been lost. It was obvious which two products were THENs.

Showcases: About darn time we had a Double Overbid. Was this the longest time between the last Double Overbid? It was certainly possible to happen, given the showcases today. I thought the second showcase was only going to be about $12,000. A Double Overbid was just due for me.

Overall: Despite the Showcase, it was still a very good show today! Let's hope for 3 Strikes on the Season Finale tomorrow.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
You know, as entertaining as it is to watch contestants completely butcher Ten Chances, and watching Bob's reactions to all the madness, sometimes it's nice to actually watch a contestant who knows exactly what she's doing playing the game.  It was cool when Marilyn gave the pen back to Bob, so confident that she wasn't going to need it anymore!

Did they go overbudget at the end of the season, or was the showcase unchanged from when it was supposed to tape?  Hardly anyone was going to not overbid on the first showcase.  Heck, there was a great chance the second showcase was going to be overbid on, as well.

Course, considering Roger only put $100 in the most-punched hole in Punch a Bunch, perhaps the show was a bit overbudget after all.  Who knows.

Then again, there was little chance of Dice Game being lost.  $15,434 had to be the most Dice Game-friendly price used in years!

One Right Price would have been infinitely easier had it been Switch? instead.  Ah well.  It was won anyway.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »
Most Expensive-I thought the dinette was the most expensive.

Ten Chances-Another 2007 Focus up for grabs; she played beautifully.

Punch-a-Bunch-I underestimated that hair straightener.  What a shame, she won only $100.

One Right Price-Seeing how trips to Washington can sometimes be cheap, so I would have gone with D.C. and won.

Dice Game-I knew she won, there was little chance the third number was one.

Now or Then-That was poorly played.

Showcases-Well, a double overbid for the first time in awhile.  I would have got a DSW because I would have been only $104 away from the ARP of the TPIR Bank showcase.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
For those who were thinking the Bank O Price were going to be a running theme, this was your confirmation.

Now or Then was hard for those who didn't know the 2-Then Trick.  The Cat Chow looked way too cheap and the Gold Bond had such a bizzare price from the normal X.99 that I wasn't surprised that Misa was going to say Then on at least one of them.

Aside from the obvious, the Ten Chances win was made more emphatic given that no one in the audience thought the karaoke thing was 960.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »
Monday, June 26, 2006

Bidding Round #2- #248, Wendy! :-D

Ten Chances- At long, long last. It's about time we had someone who plays this game right.

Bidding Round #4- #249, Misa! :-D

Now or Then- Ouch. That cat chow was evil.

Showcase Showdown #2- Wow! Nothing short of a miracle! Finally, the things have made a turn for the better for the hotties!

Showcase- What the heck is up with that car showcase?! Whatever the opposite of showcases on steroids is, that's what that showcase was. A crushing blow to an otherwise fun day.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Tough choice today. Frank will decide.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- The double overbid was painful, but other than that, a pretty fun show... Grade: 3

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 02:36:38 PM »
Marilyn.  I'm surprised you had trouble deciding today, really.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »
Most Expensive was pretty simple.  The home gym obviously looked the most expensive.

Ten Chances:  It's wonderful when this game is played by someone who knows what they're doing.  21,830 gave me pause for a minute, but she quickly redeemed herself and won the car on the 4th chance.

Punch a Bunch:  I screwed up on the hair straightener too.  It's a shame she didn't win more, but oh well, it could have been 50 dollars.

1 Right Price:  I dissented and put 3,759 on the trip to Vancouver.  I thought the trip to D.C. would be more.  I was wrong.  

Dice Game:  I was a little nervous when the second number was 5, because I thought the third number would be a 1, creating a devastating loss, because she couldn't have rolled better numbers even if the game was fixed.  When the third number was 4, I was thrilled.  Excellent gameplay.

Now or Then:  I hate this game.  It should not have been lost, because on the cat food box it said NEW!.  The cat food screamed NOW! because the box had a new on it!  It didn't exist in 1996, because it's NEW!

Showcases:  I was sure Calvin had overbid.  I did not think Misa overbid, but I guess that trip or the PT Cruiser or both were cheaper than I thought.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 02:52:12 PM »
Happy Memorial Day, folks!

Most Expensive was kind of hard.  All the prize looked like they could have been right.

Ten Chances was great.  It was nice to see somebody actually play it well for a change.

Now....or Then was just painful to watch.  You just knew Rena was going to guess "then" for the cat food, even though it had no chance of being right.

It was nice to see The First Bank of Price again.

Speaking of that showcase, an interesting bit of trivia...not only did only one of its three appearances this season air on the right day, its first appearance ended up being rescheduled for the original airdate of its third appearance.

And anyone who's criticized Rena for losing Now....or Then...stop it.  Seriously.  Step back for a minute and try to remember that no normal person realizes that there are always four NOWs and two THENs up there.  Without that knowledge, the game becomes much harder.

And Styleguy, how do you know they weren't using a box of cat food that was new in 1996?  It certainly wouldn't be the first time they've done that in Now....or Then.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Marilyn.  I'm surprised you had trouble deciding today, really.

For me, there were several contestants I liked. I just couldn't pick one today.

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »
Most Expensive – It was kind of obvious that the gym was the most expensive. He played it beautifully, and I’m sure his family will be proud...

10 Chances – She said she knew how to play this game and it really showed. The only way she could have played it better was if she had wrote the correct price the first time – no way was that car over $21,000...

Punch-A-Bunch – I think that hair straightener had everyone fooled. Although, she didn’t hit it big, she did walk away with the biggest amount she punched out, and she seemed as though she was the type of person who was just happy to be there – regardless if she won or not...

One Right Price – Another contestant who looks as if she was glad to be there regardless if she won or not. Anyway, everyone wanted her to choose D.C., including me, and she made the right decision.

Dice Game – EVERYONE wanted Eva to win (I think that was fairly obvious when they started chanting for her), and she played it so well, it would have been a HUGE disappointment if she had lost. But she rolled really high and really low numbers, and fortunately for her, the 4 was the right number. I’m glad she won, and so was everyone else – she deserved it.

Now or Then – She could have won, but she messed up on the Cat Chow. I heard somewhere (and I think it was here) that there’s ALWAYS only 2 thens, and 4 nows. She found the 2 thens, so I knew the rest had to be now. She was on the right track until she got to the Cat Chow, and when she said “then” I knew she had lost. Oh, well.

Showcases – I KNEW Oliver had overbid on his showcase by a mile, but I thought Misa’s was more expensive than that. It ended up giving us a DOB.

All in all, a pretty good show – 4 for 6, but I do wish the showcases went better though – that was the biggest disappointment of the whole show...
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 03:35:48 PM »
I love the prize vauls/bank of Price SC...a cool throw bck to the Time Capsule SCs.

However, no one noticed that the 'BANK OF PRICE' art card in the showcase podium used a Eurose/Eurostile font face. I bet that next year, we see all showcase cards leave Swiss to become Eurose/Eurostile.

Why? Because we know how much Price loooves to reuse stuff. The CAR/CRUISE nameplate was Swiss (reused) but I don't think they ever had a specific BANK OF PRICE nameplate before.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
Most Expensive was pretty obvious---the gym was most expensive.  But I was a little surprised on the other 2 prizes $1200 and $1288---not that much of a huge difference.

Ten Chances--I am so damn glad we have a good player for today.  I had a hunch the car was $21,000 in value, but I was dead WRONG.  

I was really disappointed in Rena's playing of NOW or THEN, seriously.

Punchboard---man the first product was difficult today.  However, Wendy was a good sport.  At least this season we had one $10,000 win.  I'm glad that this game was NOT winless this season.

One Right Price--pricing pointers---the further distance from LA, the more expensive the trip.  I'm glad Misa won.  She wanted to go to DC and she can now.  

Dice Game---Everyone wanted Eva to win, even myself.  Nice win to close out the season of Dice Game.

Showcases---I knew Oliver overbid.  Misa's bid was accurate--I would have guessed the same bid as well.  But it was $21,000.  Damn it Roger!!!!  Roger pulled a good one on the showcases today.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »
PG #1 - I suspected that the home gym would be the one, but I got suckered into picking the Broyhill dinette.  :-(

PG #2 - It's 10C again!  "God, I hope Marilyn knows how to play this game..."  WOOHOO!  We finally found a player!  Though I think on chance #4, Bob gave away part of the price.  When Marilyn wrote 1, Bob said "eight" as if he was about to say "eighteen".

PG #4 - Easy win.  $3,759 looked way too expensive for Vancouver.

PG #5 - Don't get too excited, Eva.  It's a butt-ugly yellow Aveo.  :-P  At least I had the courtesy to offer a red Aveo on my fifth PA episode.

PG #6 - Yay!  Half Off cue!  :-D  As for the game itself, Roger sure loves using cake mix and Capri Sun as the "Then" products.

Showcases - "I smell a double overbid..."  Yep, I knew it!

My bids - FRC w/Car:  $20,800.  Bank:  $15,600.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16