Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2006  (Read 30688 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 09:28:16 PM »
No, I largely agree, Ted.  I still don't agree with increasing the range, though:  they still use a lot of products that are under $3.00 in other grocery games.  Roger just rarely uses them in Grocery Game, specifically, which tells me that he just wants Grocery Game, specifically, to be lost.  Which means that if the range were increased to $27.00 to $30.00, Roger would probably start using even more expensive products.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2006
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 09:04:18 PM »
We missed most of the second half of this due to a news conference about the terrorist plot bust the night before. This is what I got to see:

Flip Flop: I thought Timothy definitley should've flipped. I was lost, though, on weather he should've flopped or not. The tens/hundreds place and I don't get along too well.

Lucky $even: Nice playing, although I thought Lindsey should've gone with 4 as the last digit. Luckilly she didn't.

Race Game: Once I saw he had 2 right, I knew Wayne had to switch the banjoes and the popcorn cart. Great first run he did, too.

Grocery Game: That F'n Random T**ty Cats strikes (again?). Once I saw the $7.37 price I said "Bah!".

IUFB#5: WFOR's news set, I'll bid $1399...no wait, it's a Special Report to tell us that the scheduled 11:30am press conference is delayed. We got back just as Bob was tossing it to commercial (Grrrrrrr). So there was another lowball in That's Too Much I see.

IUFB#6: John wins the scooter, then starts walking on stage when suddenly.... "Now, Live, this is a CBS 4 News Special Report". Looks like the FBI is ready to talk. So I missed Secret X. It's nice that it was won.

I missed everything until the Showcase ARP's were revealed. I'll a*s-u-me that the Bowrider is an FRT, so I probably would've bid somewhere around $23,000 (lowballing as usual) on John's showcase while overbidding ($37K maybe) on Timothy's.

OK show, from what I was able to see of it.