Author Topic: Attending for First Time -- Timing Questions  (Read 5630 times)

Offline PennyAntePlinko

• Outside in Line
    • TransitHistory
Attending for First Time -- Timing Questions
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

Next Wednesday will be my first time attending TPiR after being a devoted life-long fan!! I can't wait, I only wish I had done the trip a year earlier when Bob was still host, but I am excited nonetheless.

We have tickets for the 1PM show, and I had a few questions about policies and times:

-- Is it a full-morning commitment? What times should we plan on being there for the 1PM show? IIRC the ticket info says to show up early morning, then come back at 9AM for the 1PM show. What do we do between 9AM and showtime? Can we get lunch nearby or at CBS?

-- It says no cell phones are allowed. Is this the case, or is there some way to have one while in line and waiting?

-- How is the parking situation at that nearby shopping center? Will it be fairly obvious where to park and how to walk to CBS?

I should also mention we have never been to L.A. before and will be in a rental car.

Sorry if these are easily answered, I'd just like some advice from those who are taping veterans!!!

Thanks so much,

Mike

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Attending for First Time -- Timing Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
-- Is it a full-morning commitment? What times should we plan on being there for the 1PM show? IIRC the ticket info says to show up early morning, then come back at 9AM for the 1PM show. What do we do between 9AM and showtime? Can we get lunch nearby or at CBS?
Yes, attending a taping is a full-morning commitment.  The 4-hour wait is necessary for the pages to check ID's, write name tags, and for the contestant coordinators to do 15-20 second interviews with the entire audience (15-20 seconds x 300 audience members is close to 2 hours alone).  I'm not sure on the lines as of now, but you may need to show up a little bit earlier than 9 AM to guarantee a seat in the studio... perhaps 7-8 AM to ensure you don't get bumped out by the groups that are pre-booked, since ticket distribution is in excess of capacity. 

CBS has a snack bar on site that you can visit before you go through contestant interviews, and you are allowed to bring food while waiting on the CBS lot, but you are not allowed to bring food inside the studio. Keep in mind that after 9 AM when you receive a contestant card, you are not allowed to leave the lot until the taping is over.

-- It says no cell phones are allowed. Is this the case, or is there some way to have one while in line and waiting?
The CBS pages will ask you to put your phone away in your car, but if you forget, you can check your phone in with security and pick it up after the taping is over.

-- How is the parking situation at that nearby shopping center? Will it be fairly obvious where to park and how to walk to CBS?
The closest parking area for Price is Right is the Grove Shopping Center parking garage, right next door to CBS television city.  The last time I was there 4 months ago the parking rate was about $22/day.  From there, it's a short walk to the gate at CBS television city on Fairfax Avenue - look for a ticket booth and pages in red jackets to check you in.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
I will be attending on Wednesday the 23rd.  I had a feeling that Parking lot costs money.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:29:37 PM »
Nothing like the first time. I'm looking forward to my sophomore trip, which will hopefully be sometime this summer.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »
i hope that ill be able to attend a PIR taping in the future, but it wont be anytime soon. this also adds on to the fact that i live all the way on the other side on the country and would take me quite some time to reach the L.A area.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
Checking the sticky topic in this thread should have answered your questions.   ;)
John

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
i hope that ill be able to attend a PIR taping in the future, but it wont be anytime soon. this also adds on to the fact that i live all the way on the other side on the country and would take me quite some time to reach the L.A area.

save your spare change.  That stuff really does add up over the course of time.............