Author Topic: It's That Time...  (Read 171872 times)

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
Re: It's That Time...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »
Yikes.

It's really unfortunate when people go off the deep end like that.

I'm really sorry to see ya go, Marc.  Thanks for everything!
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »
Wow, just......wow. Dare I say this is a big event in the online Price fandom?

I know I haven't been around long... and I know I've clashed with other people here with my views of things like the Drew Carey era... but dang, when it's all said and done, we're like a nice big dysfunctional family here.

All I can say is that---for whatever it's worth---I'm sorry this all happened, and Marc, if you ever need anything, I'd be more than happy to try and help.... from one Loyal Friend and True to another.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline djryan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 11:47:01 AM »
Wow, that had to be a tough decision, Marc!

Just wanted to say, thank you for all the endless hours, dedication and service to "The Price is Right" fan community by providing a source of fun, conversation and interaction!!  Good luck with you ALL of your future endeavours and goals!!

COME ON DOWN!

Offline ssetta

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
Marc, I am really sorry about your decision to leave. You really did a good job of keeping the site up for all these years. And you really handled most of the nonsense really well. I've been on other message boards that are full of teenage drama queens, and a good portion of the time, they don't even stay on topic. And I even know of a message board where there was this long-time moderator who had been there since day one. She was a very sweet girl, And, like you, Marc, she really did a lot for the boards. You would think she was an Administrator, because she acted like one. She even used to have her own photography website and everything. But after awhile, she finally decided that she had to leave because a lot of people were acting creepy and immature, and she was basically getting too old for it, and decided she had to focus on other things. A lot of people miss her, but they understand that it's her decision, and she has the right to leave if she wants to. And I am going to say the same for you, Marc. I wish you the best of luck on what you plan to do in your future.

Sincerely,
SSetta

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
Marc, i would just like to say its sad to see u leave. you have done so much for this site that its going to be hard to see you leave. you will be missed by all of us here

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
How I missed this, I'm not sure, but I still want to say a few words.

Marc, you've been great on this site, and have always been a good influence. It's a shame to see you go, but it's your decision, and I wish you the best.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 07:32:54 PM »
Marc Thank you for all you have done for this site. we all are going to miss you

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »
I missed the original post so to me, today, this is news...BIG news.  Marc, I've been with you since the very beginning and I sincerely hate to see you go.  It's been a fantastic run and thanks for bringing us everything that you have!
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline logikreader

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 01:49:46 AM »
Well this is unbelievable.

You know what... I am so appalled.  I can't believe that a few losers will cause this much turmoil.  I'm sorry for responding late, but Marc, I appreciate all you've done for this site and I am sorry to see you go.

There's not much else left to say on that front.

Now that G-R.net has jumped the shark, I can offer a couple of suggestions.

1. The Chat Room is going to have to come to an end.  Controversial statement?  Yes.  However, the CSS has already led to a termination of two great site administrators.  How can any such thing be worth it?  It's mostly unfair for me to say this because, as a West Coast viewer, the CSS action is usually missed by me anyhow.  Furthermore, I gave up chat rooms years ago, precisely because of shenanigans such as those described in this thread.

2. I have to agree that the Game Show Forum / GR.net war is a bit over the top.  Please do your part to have more respect for every person on any forum.  This is the internet... whatever anyone writes on any forum will eventually be found by someone if they search for it.

3. I know Marc leaving is a huge loss, but GR.net will always be there.  I'd hope that all of us can consider the human element when dealing with any administrator, and any user.  Remember, no matter who you speak to in chat or on these boards, remember, these are human beings with feelings.   Regardless, as long as there is the support of we, the fans, on GR.net, the Golden Road will always lead to greatness.

That's all I have for now.  Take care everyone.

Offline greg

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »
I have never posted a lot, but I read the topics nearly daily.  I have done so for years.  I hope that you are feeling the prayers & friendship of all those on here that are going to miss you.  Marc, this is truly sad & I am shocked about this news.  You & John's insight makes this site standout.  Its more than just a bunch of people who like a show, you really know the people & the show-behind the secnes.  With you gone it will have to lose some of that.  I will miss you....

Offline ntpir

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
Wow...this struck me by surprise too. I only found this thread out after seeing the post (what I thought was a joke) concerning Marc in the DVD topic. I am shocked and saddened.

Marc, you are a terrific guy and everything you have done for this site, TPiR in general, and pretty much everything else you have handled behind the scenes is outstanding and I will truly miss you. This site is a loyal friend and true's best friend..and it was all started by a legendary LFAT. Like Frank said, I'm not going to beg for you to come back. You are your own man and your decisions--even the way you explained them--speaks volume to your character. A lot of people would run away from similar issues and disappear that way. Not Marc. That is something else, not just the TPiR knowledge, we should all take away from this man. Good luck with your future endeavors Marc!

Offline DarkBaron

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »
May I squeeze in and say you are a great man Marc, even though we never talked to each other. I respect you as a TPiR fan and also the admin of the greatest TPiR site ever. You are the Bob Barker of Price Internet fandom!

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 11:36:55 PM »
Thank you for all your help. Sorry to see you go. I wish you the best.

Offline Shredder

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
Like others, I only browse the board and don't post that often, but it's always sad to see a useful member go, especially one of the founders :(.

It's the strangest thing....being online.  People's feelings get hurt just as much, sometimes more, as they would in real life.  I  obviously don't know the whole story... but unless you knew this guy in person, don't take it so seriously.  If you know that you did everything right and 'by the book', why let someone else's weird moment get you down?   There are enough real life stress moments to worry about rather than internet ones. 

Anyway, hope you come back in the near future.  Sometimes a break is all that is needed to erase the bad times..

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
Like others, I only browse the board and don't post that often, but it's always sad to see a useful member go, especially one of the founders :(.

It's the strangest thing....being online.  People's feelings get hurt just as much, sometimes more, as they would in real life.  I  obviously don't know the whole story... but unless you knew this guy in person, don't take it so seriously.  If you know that you did everything right and 'by the book', why let someone else's weird moment get you down?   There are enough real life stress moments to worry about rather than internet ones. 

Anyway, hope you come back in the near future.  Sometimes a break is all that is needed to erase the bad times..

In another thread titled "Me", Marc said he rejoined this website.  That thread was started earlier today.