Author Topic: Weird observation  (Read 3559 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Weird observation
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »
I guess this shows how much time I have on my hands, but has anyone ever noticed that the showcase podiums are aligned unevenly? It looks like the podium on the right is always pushed back farther for some reason.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
Re: Weird observation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »
Scott said a while back that that's done so that there's room to slide the yellow panels into the podiums during the last commercial, since they go in from the side now.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
Couldn't they just put the opening slot on opposite sides of the showcase podiums instead?  Like on the left of the purple one, and the right of the blue one, so they could be aligned evenly without worrying about interference while putting those papers in the slots?  Or is there a reason it wasn't feasible to create the podiums like that?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 12:05:37 PM »
When they redesigned the displays, nobody thought of the problem with inserting the yellow labels through the sides (since the old ones could be placed on the same plane because the labels were inserted through the top). The problem wasn't discovered until rehearsal, and from then on, I guess it's just been easier to move one a few inches back rather than go to the expense of having a (visible on camera) hole created on the other side.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Please maintain 6 feet distance.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »
Scott, you poor thing...you've already picked up three Whammies in Round 1!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »
Peter: "You need to be careful about picking up so many Whammies in round 1."

Yeah, I always wondered why they were a bit off. It appeared they were that way on GSM also.

EDIT: Ever since PYL, all the sets for GSM have looked genuine as their original shows, as the pic of your PYL clearly shows.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:50:56 PM »
I never even noticed! Silly me.