Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2008  (Read 17112 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2008
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
IUFB #1-$10,900??  :wotc:  I'm surprised he didn't change his bid.

PG #2-As Rich was describing the products, when he got to the mouthwash I thought, "You know, Kristal is gonna pick that instead of the aspirin."  Yep, that's what happened.  The 99¢ aspirin trips up yet another contestant.

PG #4-Another contestant falls to the cheaper-than-it-looks Mustang.

PG #5-That was tough; any one of those numbers could have been taken out and made sense.

PG #6-Good thing the skate package wasn't the cheapest thing up there.  A nice win to end the day.

SC #2-WOW, a Corvette!  I wasn't expecting this, especially in a Bank of Price showcase.  And it was won at that!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline G.B. Blackrock

• Outside in Line
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
Yes, but it was aspirin.  That alone is enough to make most people think it's going to be expensive.
Really?  I was thinking the opposite.  Aspirin's cheap!

Other medicines, whenever they show up on Grand Game, I ever won't choose, or am nervous about.

But aspirin's cheap.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
Not usually that cheap.  Aspirin has often been more than $5.00.  I think there used to be a common $8.28, or $9.28 one.  Just that no one realizes how few tablets come in the 99¢ pack.  It's not something Rich announces, and since it's usually in tiny print, it's not something I'd expect most contestants to notice.

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
IUFB 1 - I think STUPID BID is an understatement here.
Cover Up - Ouch! It's a shame that start went to waste.
Grand Game - Nothing much to say here; I got distracted during the product description. so I probably would've done the same thing.
Switch? - This was one of those "I don't know how I knew it, but I knew it"-type games.
5 Price Tags - I also went 2/4 on the small prizes, and $21040 was my 2nd choice for the price. I'd say this qualifies as a tough setup for a LFaT, since all 5 choices for the price of the Evil Mustang were reasonably plausible.
Squeeze Play - My guess was the 7.
Shopping Spree - None of us in the chat thought that the cooler would be that cheap.
Showcases - I know next to nothing about cars, so when I saw the 'Vette, I immediately thought "we saw that in Golden Road Wednesday, and it was over $62000" (never mind that I misremembered the price, and it was $67000). Since this wasn't the same model, my "DSW-quality" bid was way over, although since I went over on the :frbs: as well, it was a moot point.