Author Topic: Does anyone have current blab on the national ratings since Drew?  (Read 5766 times)

Offline canada

• In the Audience
Re: Does anyone have current blab on the national ratings since Drew?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
As a LFT who just got back from another trip to TVC, I can tell you why the ratings are down:  The audience SUCKS!  When I went to see Bob, I told people that it was louder in studio 33 than any concert that I have ever been to.  This time, not so much.  The majority of the crowd had very little enthusiasm and I felt like only about 1/4 of us even cared that we were there.  Jeff really had to pump people even to get them to yell out bids. 

Personally I think that Drew is doing a great job and I really like his style, but without the audience being better, the show seems to have lost the magic.  I can't understand why the audience isn't better but it just seems to be totally lacking any enthusiasm.  A perfect example is that I showed up on a day I thought I couldn't make a taping at noon and still got in!  I sincerely hope that this changes and we're able to get people back that actually care about the fact that they are seeing a taping of the best game show in history!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
As a LFT who just got back from another trip to TVC, I can tell you why the ratings are down:  The audience SUCKS! 

That's an interesting hypothesis, but there are just two problems:

1. People don't watch the show just because the audience cheers.  They watch because of the game, because of the host, because of the format.  Assuming the crowd isn't napping, that's not really a factor.

2. The audience clearly isn't napping.  Watching the show, I don't see that there's any tremendous drop in excitement.  It may be that they're sweetening the applause a little more, but whether it's being manufactured or not, I'm still hearing the cheers.  And the contestants that get on stage are at least as animated as they were with Bob, and in fact, they're a little MORE animated because they're grabbing Drew and jumping up and down in a manner that Bob tried to discourage out of concerns of self-preservation.

Frankly, if the audience isn't excited enough, that's a problem with Rich's warm up and Drew's interaction during breaks.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 02:12:39 PM »
Monday.  Although there will still be one out of order episode on Tuesday (since this upcoming Tuesday's episode was aired this past Monday), the episodes will be back to normal on Monday.

You may be correct.  CBS.com just posted the airdate schedule from February 4th through February 15th and they are all in order.

4191K 02/04/08 12/06/07
4192K 02/05/08 12/11/07
4193K 02/06/08 12/11/07
4194K 02/07/08 12/12/07
4195K 02/08/08 12/12/07
4201K 02/11/08 12/13/07
4202K 02/12/08 12/13/07
4203K 02/13/08 01/07/08
4204K 02/14/08 01/07/08
4205K 02/15/08 01/08/08

Does anyone know how any older episodes from August-November still have yet to be aired?  I THINK there might be some left still.

As for the ratings, I not worried yet.  It's still #2 in daytime which is great news for sure even if ratings are down a little bit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 03:29:21 PM by UltraPrice »

Offline canada

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
All I know is that the episode taped at 1pm on January 21 is scheduled to air on February 29 so it looks like they must be almost through the older episodes.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
The only "repeating lineup" show left is the one that was supposed to air this Tuesday, which is being run this coming Tuesday instead.  All the shows from the first group of 30 have been aired as of, funnily enough, this past Tuesday.

Looks like things are finally getting back on track.  Thank God!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 04:02:14 PM »
Frankly, if the audience isn't excited enough, that's a problem with Rich's warm up and Drew's interaction during breaks.

Rich's warm up hasn't changed very much since Bob was around and Drew's interaction with the audience has been pretty much the same since his first taping.  I think we can attribute the enthusiasm to the audience to the amount of paid seat fillers as well as the first timers that really didn't enjoy the 4+ hour wait outside of CBS Television City.  It was almost like many audience members didn't want to be there.

For example - I spoke with one person from a large group from the last show of the week I attended that said he'd NEVER seen the show before - with Drew or Bob.  Josh and I tried to explain to him the format of the show, but it seemed like he wanted no part of it and didn't care.  So it figures that he ended up getting picked as a contestant and you can see that his inexperience with the show format really showed when he was completely indecisive on his pricing game which ended up taking over 9 minutes to play. 

Remember - the audience when Bob was host had people in the audience who didn't actually care about seeing The Price is Right, but were there only for seeing Bob Barker... they could've cared less about the show.  Now that Bob is gone, that portion of the audience is no longer attending the show.

Looks like things are finally getting back on track.  Thank God!

Yup - the episodes I was at this week were all taped in order and will air in order from Feb. 29 to March 7.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »
Yup - the episodes I was at this week were all taped in order and will air in order from Feb. 29 to March 7.

Well, the fact that that was said at the taping doesn't necessarily mean anything this year.  Madonna was at this past week's Monday show, and the audience was told that it would air on January 21...and then CBS went and ran it on November 16.

That said, I hope they're right this time.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.