Author Topic: END of Fireball's Episode 10, MDS II/FPG II  (Read 27315 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
END of Fireball's Episode 10, MDS II/FPG II
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:44:52 AM »
OK, I got a new topic now.  Ignore that other post. :-)

It's happy happy joy joy time again!  Fireball's historic 10th Play-Along show is about to hit the airwaves!

As you can tell by the header, this historic tenth episode will be in the style of a Million-Dollar Spectacular.  All contestants in the SCSD get the opportunity to spin for $1,000,000.  Also in this episode, we will be counting down the 10 most memorable moments in the 2 1/2 years that "Fireball's PIR" has been on the air.

And oh yeah, this is a Friday show, so there will be the second edition of the Fireball Friday Prediction Game bonus.  It's played just like the Golden-Road.net FPG.  Predict which six pricing games will be played in this episode, the order that they will be played, and their outcomes.  Then put a confidence rank on each of the six games (6 for most confident, 1 for least confident).  Go to the FPG section of the G-R.net forum if you need more information on how to play.

Put your picks in a private message to me.  Do not post your picks publicly.  To help you out, go to this page to see what games have been played on the previous 9 episodes:  http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/upn62/BRB_TheFireball/winnings.txt

Other hints to this episode's FPG:
--No retired or original PGs will be played on this episode.  Only games in the current rotation will be played.
--No PGs that have been played in any of the last five episodes (Episodes 5-9) will be played on this episode.
--Only one PG in Episode 10 has been played before on my show.

You are not required to play the FPG.  This is just an extra game for bonus money.  $300,000 goes to the first place finisher.  A bonus $300,000 goes to anybody who can "stop the Fireball".  But I win $300,000 if nobody picks a game that is played.

Here are the "Four Commandments of Fireball's PA Games":

1. Deadlines to bid, play your PG, or spin is 48 hours. Miss your deadline and you're out.
2. I'll PM all contestants that are called to come on down. From then on, it's your responsibility to watch this thread.
3. Audience participation (i.e., yelling out prices and other suggestions) is strongly encouraged.
4. Good luck and have fun!

The FPG entries may be submitted until the final bid on the first IUFB.

We have 11 entrants now, so we'll start the show at about 5 PM Eastern today.  I'll leave signups open until then, so this'll be the final call for players.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:47:19 PM by BRB_TheFireball »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
Re: Fireball's Episode 10, MDS II/FPG II --- SIGNUPS!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
i'll play
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »
I'll play too.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »
LOL... llost my first in line place! 

I'm in!
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »
ill play!
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 02:41:26 PM »
I was debating whether or not to sign up for this show (I'm already signed up for grf's)...ah, what the heck.  I'm in.  (You know what they all say- the more, the merrier!  :-D)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline ChinookUT

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »
Count me in!
ChinookUT: Avid Price watcher since ~1985

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »
I'm in!
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »
I'm in! I'll send my FPG entry a bit later on.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »
I'm in!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
Ill play too  :-D
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
What the heck, I love these, sign me up!
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »
I would like to play again so I get some more things. Love the avatar by the way. :oldlol:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Fireball's Episode 10, MDS II/FPG II -- IUFB #1
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
*MDS theme*

Rich Fields:  It's time for another "Fireball's Price Is Right" Million-Dollar Spectacular!

Tonight, we celebrate our historic 10th episode by counting down the 10 most memorable moments in the 2 1/2-year history of the show.

*clips of various moments from "Fireball's PIR"*

And we give at least one lucky person a chance to spin our famous Big Wheel for $1,000,000!

*jib camera over the audience*

Flerbert419, come on down!

Kourtney Wilson, come on down!

Jnelson09, come on down!

And catfan2002, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on...

*main theme*

And now, here is the star of "The Price Is Right"--

BRB_TheFireball!

*standing ovation, Brandi hands off the mic*

Welcome to the second edition of the "Fireball's Price Is Right" Million-Dollar Spectacular!  This is the happiest place in the world right now cuz at least one person in this studio is guaranteed the opportunity to win $1,000,000!

And speaking of welcomes, let's give another warm welcome to tonight's guest announcer--Rich Fields!

*wild cheers and applause*

Rich, what is the first item up for bids on the show tonight?

It's a new refrigerator/freezer!

This 26.2 cu. ft. side-by-side refrigerator/freezer features an ice and water dispenser, FM radio, and a 15" LCD TV.

That prize goes to the person who is closest to the actual retail price without going over.  Flerbert, start us off!

(Bidding order:  Flerbert, Kourtney, Jnelson, catfan)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode 10, MDS II/FPG II -- IUFB #1
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
$2,999, Bob! I mean, Fireball.  :-P
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024