Author Topic: An Open Letter to Joe Capitano  (Read 31897 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
An Open Letter to Joe Capitano
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »
(I know I’m breaking a house rule…but hey, I’m allowed.  :-)  )

Joe – what can I say?  Another season of perfection…another season without missing a beat.  Your consistency and reliability add a whole new dimension to this site, and I consider all of us very lucky to have you around on a daily basis.

After handing things so flawlessly for nearly three full years, I truly believe that this area of the site has become yours.  With that, please join me in congratulating Joe as we rename this area of the site to JOE CAPITANO’S TPIR SUMMARIES AND SPOILERS.  Like the Bob Barker Studio, Joe’s name will forever be over this little wing of our site…but we hope to have you around for many years to come.  

Thanks for everything, Joe!

Marc

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
Re: An Open Letter to Joe Capitano
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »
Nice job Joe! I wouldn't last a year doing what you do!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:18:38 PM »
Congrats Joe! You do one heck of a job. You deserve this.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »
I'll echo that.  Thanks for everything you do, Joe.  You probably put more work into this site on a daily basis than anyone else here.  God knows I couldn't do what you do.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:44 PM »
Yep.  Once I started trying to do recaps for full shows, I realized just how much work you put into those recaps.  I don't know how you do it. :-)

See you again next season!

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »
I agree 100%.  Sometimes if I tape a show and don't have time to watch it, I go to Joe's recaps to see if I missed anything important.  I know I personally wouldn't have the time or patience to do what you do Joe.  You truely are the man when it comes to recaps.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:12:15 PM »
I know how much work full recaps can be.  I do a mere 26 of them a year for another show, and it's absolutely exhausting!  I don't think I'd have it in me to do around 170 a year!  So good work there!

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »
Joe, your reliability has been nothing short of absolutely amazing.  I don't get to see TPiR much, but every day, I know I can come here at 2 PM and get the recap for the day, with the little details that make the show so much fun.  Thank you man...well deserved honor!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:32 PM »
Thanks, Joe!  Oddly, One Friday in March, I got upset when I did the "Why I hate my CBS thread," because you told me to grin and bear with preemptions.  But I've learned to grin and bear it.  You deserved it, Joe!  I don't know how our lives would be without you.

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »
Hey, Joe--what advice do you have to give to amateurs who want to write such great reviews like yours?

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 12:41:10 AM »
I bet some of that advice is learning how to code.

As a recapper for Game Show News Network, I can truly say it's work.  Some of the graphical stuff Joe does is beyond my reach.  (I just started adding tables to my recaps)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 01:44:12 AM »
Yes, thank you for all your time, dedication, and hard work Joe.  I look foward to reading your wonderful recaps every day and I appreciate your work.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 09:05:12 AM »
Thank you for all your hard work, Joe, and congratulations! If anyone deserves to have a part of this website named for them, it's you...

Unless, of course, they want to name the forum heater the "Heels' Hotties Heater"... Or they plan on opening up the Madonna Ciccone Smoking Lounge, or...

Naw, let's pass.

Keep up the great work, Joe. And thanks again.  :-D
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:34:37 AM »
::lots of applause for Joe::

You are the consummate recap man. Every day I can count on not only an accurate recap, but something entertaining as well. Sometimes I actually want the contestant to lose Cliffhangers so I can see what you come up with for Hans falling off the cliff!

From the STUPID BID to the creation of the First Four Breakfast Club, I must congratulate you on this honor and say that it is truly deserved.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline m724493

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:58:50 AM »
Thanks, Joe, for your hard work!!! I'm sure I speak for all of us who work during the day, and can only catch bits and peices of the show during lunch, that your recaps are a tremendous service to us all!! Its always easy to read, and gives me something to look forward to around 2:00 Eastern!!!! :-D

BTW: what is the total new "breakfast club" members for this season?

Thanks again Joe!! :-)