Author Topic: February Million Dollar Spectacular?  (Read 91335 times)

Offline PlinkoChip

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: February Million Dollar Spectacular?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 06:13:07 AM »
In any case, I'd at least like to see what they do with the old 6-digit Showcase podiums, since they'll likely be used either way...
Insert signature here.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 06:21:12 AM »
I think it would be nice if spinning $1.00 on the wheel in primetime would net you $25,000.

Hmmm...

Sounds like you know something we don't (again).  I'm guessing $25,000 is possible with the first dollar.  Hmm, sounds like Mo money.  Perhaps the top prize  for getting the dollar in a bonus spin is more than a million dollar, which is why it's only callled "The Price is Right" Primetime Special (for now) and not "Million Dollar Spectacular". 

I'm sure I'm WAAAAY off.  I think funny when I stay up late.

Edit:  I found a article link related to the upcoming Primetime specials:
http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/91/25991.php
According to the article, there will be SIX episodes. Also Power of 10 has been taken off the schedule for now.  I don't know how accurate this is though...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:44:01 AM by UltraPrice »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »
Edit:  I found a article link related to the upcoming Primetime specials:
http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/91/25991.php
According to the article, there will be SIX episodes. Also Power of 10 has been taken off the schedule for now.  I don't know how accurate this is though...

I found a Variety article that said the same thing.  It appears that CBS has indeed yanked Power of 10, likely due to dwindling ratings.  They say Po10 may return in the summer.  I'm pumped for these primetime Price episodes, though!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »
February 22 & 29th, and March 7 & 14th, at 8:00pm each night.

Does this mean 8:00pm eastern/ 7:00pm central?
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »
Does this mean 8:00pm eastern/ 7:00pm central?

Yes.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 10:14:39 AM »
Am I the only one who noticed that NBC has "1 vs. 100" in that time slot right now? (Fridays at 8:00 PM ET)

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2008, 10:29:39 AM »
I really doubt it.  A lot of the pricing games would really show a lot of dust, wear and tear and age.  It would really stick out like a sore thumb.  I heard Master Key has a lot of knicks, scrapes and dust on it. 

I mean it could happen, but it would probably cost the show some time and money to fix the props.

And that's the thing, why fix something if it isn't broken? We've known these games for ages, it be best not to change them around.

I'm really looking forward now to the primetime specials! :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 11:35:52 AM »
And that's the thing, why fix something if it isn't broken? We've known these games for ages, it be best not to change them around.

When the show makes the eventual switch to Hi-Def, the games will either have to be redone or at least touched up. The antiquated and overused phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" does not apply here.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled conversation.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »
Yes...in this case, the games ARE broken (at least to the extent of putting them in Hi-Def, apparently).
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
"Fixing" the games is purely cosmetic.   It would be the same as taking a 1970s car to the body shop and having all the dents bond-o'd, a fresh paint job, new rims & chrome, tires, glass, etc.   Its the same car, but with the right work, it could be a real looker.  For some of the sets, this treatment is long overdue, and it has NOTHING to do with tradition.  Its just maintenance.

It would be a great time to repair or update any malfunctioning technology, and bring the game sets up to par with the stage set. 

In short, its a good thing, HD or no HD!
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
Heh, I have no problem with the games being touched up, as long as they don't lose their 'original' look.  ;-)
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline tpir08

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
think if they brought the plinko flip board back with for hi-def.  If that happened people would go nuts, I think.  That graphic they have now is stupid.
<-- Click here to begin!

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
January 24, 2008

"THE PRICE IS RIGHT" RETURNS TO PRIME TIME WITH
SIX NEW SPECIALS HOSTED BY DREW CAREY,
AIRING FRIDAYS BEGINNING FEB. 22

THE PRICE IS RIGHT, hosted by Drew Carey, returns to prime time with six new specials to be broadcast on Fridays, beginning Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.  These will be the first primetime specials to be broadcast since Carey took hosting reins from former host Bob Barker.

During THE PRICE IS RIGHT six-week primetime run, GHOST WHISPERER will move to 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT.  MOONLIGHT will return to the schedule later this season.

THE PRICE IS RIGHT, with host Drew Carey, is the longest-running game show in television history.  In 2007, it won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Show.  Produced by FremantleMedia North America, THE PRICE IS RIGHT is broadcast weekdays (11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET; 10:00-11:00 AM, PT) on the CBS Television Network. 
John

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »
hmm.. that's nice, but still doesn't confirm what sort of format they will be... c'mon CBS, million dollar spins, or not?!?
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »

CBS has only confirmed to its stations the first four dates so far.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place