Author Topic: Going In March! Wish Me Luck  (Read 8151 times)

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
Going In March! Wish Me Luck
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
I was thinking of attending a taping sometime in the next couple months. But I have some questions.

What is the rate for that cheap motel (I would go to the farmer's hotel but I won't have enough for $150+ a night)

Since I'll only be going to the CBS Studio, The hotel, and the closest place to eat. Is a rental car really needed? Which also brings me to...

I'm in South Beloit, IL about 10 miles above Rockford. I'm debating which method of travel to take. Car or plane. I have an old '93 Bonneville SSEi which is my love and is very solid and reliable (if only I can fix that leaking trandmission line) I run a risk of the car breaking down or getting into an accident. With a plane it would only take less than a day to get there, But all the risks of losing luggage, Security takes forever, and those stories of ppl waiting hours on end just to get off the runway scare me away.

I really wanna go and realize my dream of Being there as a audience and possibly but unlikely a contestant.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 02:57:11 AM by SecretChip »

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: I Want To Go
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »
There's a hotel about two blocks away from the studio that'll charge you $60-$65/night.  I'll PM you with more details on that one.

No, a rental car is certainly not needed.  You can get a shuttle to take you back and forth from the airport, and it's only something like $31 both ways.

As you may or may not know, I'm from Stillman Valley, IL, which is all of 10 miles below Rockford, so I can tell you that flying isn't bad at all.  You can avoid most of the problems with flying by flying Southwest, which flies out of Midway instead of O'Hare.  Having flown out of Midway the last two times, I can tell you for sure it's MUCH better than O'Hare, not to mention cheaper.  Also, since you're so close to Rockford, you can just drive to Rockford and take a bus. It will take you directly to/from Midway for, last I checked, $20 each way.  It's really not a hassle.

EDIT:  Van Galder also runs out of South Beloit, according to their website.  Even better!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:47:08 PM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Looks Like I'm going to the price is right in a couple months!  :-D

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »
sry for the double post.

I'm planning the march 10th thru 12th taping.

Is that during any part of spring break???

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: I Want To Go(EDIT: I'm Going but theres more questions)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »
I'm actually planning on going that week (March 10 and 11) because it's during my spring break. I'm not so sure about the 12th. I'll have to check on the prices of that.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
I'm still trying to go my spring break (the March 16th-18th tapings).  But, as I'm broke, it looks like its not happening this year.  Maybe next year.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »
Just 1 more question.

I bought my ticket! and I got my E-mail Ticket.

I put my name on the tickets. So is it only I that can use these tickets?

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »
Yes.

And I know I'm late to the party, but definitely fly out of Midway.  Connect out of Midway if you have to, too.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Going In March! Wish Me Luck
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 03:01:35 AM »
Its all set! My flight is booked! and my hotel is reserved! I got my tickets in the mail! Leaving EARLY March 9th (bus at 3am to get there at 6am to be ready for the 9am flight. and Going to the 10th-12th tapings. HOPEFULLY I can go to all 3 of the 4pm tapings but I'm not expecting to (spring break :( )

This is also my first Airplane ride! a triple first! (3rd is going to California)

Offline Timsterino

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »
Hi secretchip,

I posted in another thread that we will be in the 2nd show on March 10th. Look for me, I would love to say "hi!"

Good luck!
Tim :)

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 08:14:15 PM »
Woo Hoo!

7 Days! I'm aleardy packed and ready to bolt out the door! (remembers a few year old disney commercial when a little boy was beeping the horn of the car at 4 am rofl thats me right now :lol: )

Offline radioinsomnia

• Outside in Line
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 12:53:13 AM »
As you may or may not know, I'm from Stillman Valley, IL, which is all of 10 miles below Rockford, so I can tell you that flying isn't bad at all.

Small world.  I grew up in Polo and my parents still live there, although I reside in Naperville now.  Crazy seeing another Ogle County person here.

(This is also my first post, so hi!  A couple of heelsrule1988's posts on the Jeopardy! board led me over here.)

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 01:18:25 AM »
hi!

38 hours until the flight!!!

I'm all ready and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

Freakin' excited! Wish me luck everyone. I will have a non-spoiler report when I get back on friday!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
I'm flying Sunday morning. Maybe we can sight each other. You'll know it's me: I'll be wearing something game show related with a couple of ribbons around me. Good luck to the both of us.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »
Small world.  I grew up in Polo and my parents still live there, although I reside in Naperville now.  Crazy seeing another Ogle County person here.

(This is also my first post, so hi!  A couple of heelsrule1988's posts on the Jeopardy! board led me over here.)
Even smaller once you realize how closely Heelsrule and I 'get along' over here.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy