Author Topic: Super Bowl XLII Thread! (FINAL)  (Read 8854 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Super Bowl XLII Thread! (FINAL)
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
Totally awesome. :-D

I have to disagree with you, though, strongbad. I still think ours takes the cake, despite the ending.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
At least we can all say that another NFL team has beaten The Emperor and his Evil Empire Bill Belichek and his New England Patriots.  I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be a lot of people who lost tons of money wagering on the Pats.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »
That was a phenomenal game and with great reason.  The Giants really deserved to win that game.  The Patriots coach Bill Billachick was such a sore loser.........

Oh if anybody noticed this or not---during the post show when the hosts were doing their commentaries, one New England Patriots fan gave the double middle finger salute on camera, which went uncensored!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
Here's a blog posting about Bill Belichek's classless move at the end of the game from one of Yahoo's NFL analysts.  Yeah, Belichek didn't show ANY class tonight; I hope the NFL fines him heavily, especially if Goodell finds out that he DID tape the Rams' walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI!  :-x  :-x
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:43:00 AM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 05:46:56 AM »
Fireball was so confident that the Giants would win that he put down a $1,000 bet on it.

Fireball is a very happy (and rich) man this morning.

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 06:52:56 AM »
Winners never cheat...cheaters never win.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
Although I'm not much of a football fan, I did think it was a great game nonetheless. Congratulations to the New York Giants on the win. Also, my parents held a Super Bowl party last night, which was nice.

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
Totally awesome. :-D

I have to disagree with you, though, strongbad. I still think ours takes the cake, despite the ending.

And that would be which Super Bowl exactly?