Author Topic: America's Got TALENT (aka America's got Regis aka the "new" Gong Show) Official Discussion Thread  (Read 3465 times)

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
Wouldn't you know what I found here???

Regis looks like he's got a new network, NBC.  The show he's hosting might be some combination of "Idol", "Dance", and "Last Comic Standing".... but from what I've seen it looks more like "Gong Show 2006".  Kitschy but enjoyable!!  Let the official "America's Got Talent" thread commence.

Anyway, have any of you noticed that the "X" sound effects use passed spin sounds from "Press Your Luck" and the bzzz from "Family Feud"?  I thought that was WAY COOL!!

...could this be a prelude to WWTBAM on NBC?

PS: for those of you who speak Spanish, doesn't this remind you of "El Chacal" on Sabado Gigante?  I love that segment.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
I don't think so.  America's Got Talent has essentially nothing in common with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, so I don't see how this would be any indication of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire returning.  If anything, Deal or No Deal would indicate a much higher likelihood of Millionaire coming back, and even there I really wouldn't expect it at all.

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
The "prelude" comment was just referring to Regis having a show on NBC, not necessarily the content the show itself.

This talent show is really quite funny so far!  I love how for bad performers, the judges, the audience and Regis let 'em have it!