Author Topic: Hotels Near Television City  (Read 6393 times)

Offline bht963

• Outside in Line
Hotels Near Television City
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
So I'm making a trip out to LA in March to catch the show for 3-days in a row and I'm looking for a place to stay. It looks like the closest one to TVC is the Farmers Daughter. However, since I'm staying four night, The Price is NOT right. Does anybody know of any good hotels that are within walking distance to TVC? I found "The Rodeway Inn" which is supposedly right across the street however some of the reviews I've read about the place have been far from flattering. If anybody could recommend a hotel where I wont get robbed, eaten by cockroaches or find giant stains on the bed sheets please let me know!  :biggrin:

Luke

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
Re: Hotels Near Television City
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
I stayed at the Beverly Inn. It wasn't so expensive and it was clean.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:36:07 PM »
Personally I'd recommend the Bevonshire motel a few blocks down on Beverly.  They are great if you're on a budget ($60/night) and is relatively clean. 

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
I'm gonna have to clarify that...I just spent a few days there with my mother, and while it's definitely 'bachelor' clean, the Bevonshire fails at 'mother' clean.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
Maybe I should mention that I think Bevonshire is cleaner than Beverly Inn.  While I haven't stayed at Rodeway Inn yet - I know they went under renovations during the summer and most of those reviews were from before the renovation - when they were the Guest House Inn.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:47:31 PM by Voltron291 »

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
Well, I'm staying at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, which is actually in downtown L.A.  I thought about the Rodeway myself, but I wanted to stay at a nice place again like last year.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
I stayed at the Rodeway Inn last June when they were called Guest House Inn. They were actually in the midst of their renovation process at the time. I was also skeptical because of the reviews I had read on the internet but it was nowhere near as bad as any of those reviews. It was perfectly adequate for me and their free continental breakfast was convenient as well. My only complaints about the place was that there were no hangers to hang up shirts, and I was woken up in the middle of the night once because there were people yelling at each other in the corridor. So I'd definitely stay there again if I were to ever go back to The Price is Right.

I have also stayed at The Farmer's Daughter and while it's a nice hotel, the price really isn't worth it. A lot of people (myself included) pay for rooms there and then never end up sleeping in them because they want to wait outside in line right away. Sure you might end up doing that if you were to stay at The Rodeway Inn as well, but at least you'd be paying a lot less money.

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 09:18:08 PM »
The Rodeway Inn is the closest (and cheapest).  Last time I checked it was $80 per night.

See http://www.rodewayinnbeverly.com for more info.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L