Author Topic: Styleguy's First Show (My First Show, All Finished)  (Read 22817 times)

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Styleguy's First Show (PG#1, Triple Play)
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 07:52:18 PM »
Duly noted, Futuregsh.  

Let's check the price on that Aveo.  You said $12,012.  I hope there's a YES behind this price.  Is there?

(styleguy removes $12,012.  It says YES underneath $12,012)

YES!  $12,012 is correct!  Let's see what the actual retail price is.  (styleguy removes the Triple Play tag).
The actual retail price is $13,115.  Let's move along to the truck.  (styleguy and Futuregsh walk to the truck).  Rich, let's hear about this lovely dark blue truck.

Rich:  It's the 2006 Chevy Colorado LS Reg Cab 2wd truck.  (Lanisha shows off the practical truck).  This truck will help you get all your work done.  Comes with side air bags, CD/MP3 player, sliding rear window, and 5 speed manual transmission, the Chevy Colorado.  

Now Rebecca is going to bring out three price tags.  (Rebecca brings out the price tags).  The objective still is to pick out the price that is closest to the retail price without going over.  If you pick the right price, we move on to that beautiful sports car Brandi is standing by, if you're wrong, the game is over, and since the Triple Play did not get completed you lose the Aveo.

Truck prices:
$15,470
$16,939
$18,825

Which one is closest without going over?

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »
$16,939 please... (crosses fingers)

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 02:44:17 PM »
You said $16,939.  Let's see if you're correct.  The price is...  I can't yet, I'm too nervous (styleguy's hands shake as he tries to remove $16,939).  All right, calm down, deep breath (styleguy and Futuregsh each take a deep breath).  Karma be kind.  Is Futuregsh right?  Will there be a YES behind here?  (styleguy removes the $16,939 tag.  It says...

YES!)  YES!  $16,939 is correct!  Let's see the correct price.  (styleguy removes the Triple Play tag).  The truck is $16,940.  By $1 you were right.  Let's move on to that stunning sports car behind door number 3.  (Futuregsh and styleguy walk towards door number 3 where Brandi and the sportscar are).  We are here.  The last car.  If you're right on this last guess Futuregsh, this gorgeous car, the truck, and the Aveo are all yours.  Let's here about this car, Rich.

Rich:  This is the stunning 2006 Pontiac Solstice.  (Brandi mimes driving the sportscar, then opens the door and teases it).  This stunning sportscar comes with Convenience Package, Power Package, Air Conditioning, ABS, Premium Package, 6 disc CD Changer, and sporty 5 speed manual transmission.  The gorgeous Pontiac Solstice.

Rebecca is going to bring out four price tags this time.  (Rebecca brings out the price tags).  The object is the same, pick the price that is closest to the price of that sports car without going over.  If you are right you win every car on this stage.  If you are wrong, you do not win every car on this stage, because the Triple Play was not completed.  I don't want to think that way.  I want you to win Futuregsh, and start off this first show with a huge, history making bang.  Let's see the price tags.

The prices are:
$19,000
$21,000
$23,000
$25,000

Which one is closest without going over Futuregsh?

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 02:50:38 PM »
Gosh, I'm really torn between 21K and 23K on this one.  Audience, any thoughts?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »
I suggest $23,000.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 12:49:30 AM »
I am going to go with the audience and also my instinct and say $23,000 for the Solstice...

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »
He says $23,000 for the Solstice.  He's listening to the audience.  Is that a good decision?  We'll find out after the break.  No, just kidding.  We're going to find out soon.  (styleguy reaches for the $23,000 tag to take it off, and then decides to not remove it).  You know, Futuregsh, if you're right, you'll win the Aveo, the Colorado, and this stunning Solstice.  You'll be the first winner of Styleguy's first show.  You'll start this show off with a historic bang.  You'll win, and we'll be 1/6 of the way to a perfect show.  I really want to see you win, and you know I'm not going to remove this tag.  You are.  Futuregsh, remove that $23,000 tag.  Let's hope for a YES behind it.  (Futuregsh removes the $23,000 tag, it says...Y...E...S)

It says YES!

It is YES!  You picked the right tag!  $23,000 is right!  You've made the Triple Play and won all 3 cars!  Let's see the right price.  (styleguy removes the Triple Play tag).  The Solstice is $24,520.  You, Futuregsh, have won the first game of styleguy's Million Dollar Spectacular, and you will spin the wheel for a million a little later on the show.  An exciting win!  An exciting start!  We will be right back after this break.

(commercials)

Rich we are back.  Wasn't that an amazing win?  

Rich:  It sure was styleguy.

I would love for my first show to be a perfect show.  We started with a huge bang.  Rich, call the name of another winner.

Rich:  I think we have a winner in ilovesuperball.  ilovesuperball, come on down!  You are the next contestant on styleguy's Million Dollar Spectacular!

ilovesuperball is here.  We are ready to see the next IUFB.  Rich, tell us about it.

Rich:  It's a new home gym.  (Shane mimics working out on the new home gym).  It's the Bowflex Ultimate XTLU Home Gym.  Get a professional work out at home, without an expensive gym work out membership with this new home gym.

ilovesuperball starts the bidding.  You have 48 hours, ilovesuperball.

Bidding order:
ilovesuperball
brian sternal
edmojautis
Garvin8r.

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Styleguy's First Show (IUFB #2, ilovesuperball's bid)
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 11:49:41 PM »
$1500.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Styleguy's First Show (IUFB #2, ilovesuperball's bid)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2006, 12:18:57 AM »
$1800!

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Styleguy's First Show (IUFB #2, edmojautis's bid)
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »
We have 1500 from ilovesuperball and 1800 from brian sternal.  Edmojautis, your bid is next.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 04:27:55 PM »
$1999

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »
$1801

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2006, 02:49:34 PM »
Let's recap the bids.  The bids are:
ilovesuperball:  1500
brian sternal:  1800
Edmojautis:  1999
Garvin8r:  1801

The actual retail price of the home gym is...$2500.  Edmojautis is the winner, and you will play our next pricing game.  Edmojautis, I would like to give you all three of these stunning prizes.

Rich:  A new HDTV, a new sauna, and a new sofa.  First, experience the new generation of television with this 46" Bravia S Series LCD HDTV from Sony.  (Brandi teases the television)  Enjoy clear, perfect television with this top of the line TV.  Next, relax after a hard day's work with this Therasauna.  (Lanisha teases the sauna)  Forget all your troubles while steaming in this gorgeous sauna from Therasauna.  Finally, highbrowfurniture.com presents the stunning Finnjull 57 contemporary style sofa.  (Rebecca sits on the sofa and teases it)  Give your home a sense of contemporary, glamourous style with this elegant sofa from highbrowfurniture.com.

Edmojautis, your game is Buy or Sell.  The object of this game is to earn money by buying or selling those gorgeous prices there.  Each one has an incorrect price on it.  If you believe that the wrong price is too high, you will sell the prize.  If you believe that the wrong price is too low, you will buy the prize.  If you have made at least 1 dollar, you win the prizes and you will win whatever money you have made.  Let's see the wrong prices.  First the HDTV.  The price on it is $4500, do you want to buy the TV or sell it?  Next the sauna price is $3195, do you want to buy the sauna or sell the sauna?  Finally the sofa price is $4570, do you want to buy the sofa or sell it back?

Remember 48 hour time limit.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Styleguy's First Show (Pricing Game #2, Buy or Sell)
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2006, 09:29:51 PM »
HDTV-Buy
Sauna-Sell
Sofa-Sell

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Styleguy's First Show (Pricing Game #2, Buy or Sell)
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2006, 07:30:29 PM »
The TV price is $4500.  You said buy.  Brandi show us that price.  The TV price is $3500, you lose $1000.  This is not starting out well.  Let's see the sauna.  The sauna has a price of $3195, actual price on that sauna is $4695, you lose $1500.  $2500 in the hole, let's hope you're right on the sofa.  Sofa price $4570, actual price $6570 you lost $2000 more dollars.  You're $4500 in the hole.  I'm sorry edmojautis, you didn't make a profit in Buy or Sell, but you will spin the wheel later, for possibly 1,000,000.  If you win a million, you'll be able to pay us back the $4500, lol.  We have more games, more prizes, and more fun after this break.

(commercials)

We're back.  Rich, who is the next contestant to grace our Contestant's Row?

Rich:  We have sideshowPA.  Come on down!  You are the next contestant on styleguy's Price is Right!

sideshowPA, nice to have you here.  Here is the next item up for bid.

Rich:  The Price is Right tugboat is bringing out our next prize, a new refrigerator.  (Lanisha is behind the wheel of the tugboat, Brandi is showing off the fridge).  From Samsung the new four door convertible refrigerator has a four zone system for perfect temperature control of all four compartments.  The new wave in food storage, this new refrigerator is yours if the price is right.

Bidding order:
sideshowPA
Garvin8r
ilovesuperball
brian sternal

Remember 48 hour time limit.